2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fiber one was earlier lol. I am goofy though and I pour my shake over cereal, it tastes different lol

I feel sorry for the local plumbers...!

If you want a treat, yogurt over cereal is delicious.

I feel sorry for the local plumbers...!

If you want a treat, yogurt over cereal is delicious.

I have done that, I will also add Greek yogurt in with some of my shakes

Really good meeting with a dietician this morning. Diet and exercise plan in place to be in the best shape of my life come July.

Love Greek yogurt. One cup of sugar free Greek yogurt with a couple teaspoons of Stevia and a quarter cup of Bear Naked Honey Almond Protein Granola every night before bed for me.

Some good looking foods and meals on here the last few days. Sorry I haven't been in here the last few days- new semester at school and I'm teaching three new classes that I've never taught before. One of them is health so that should be fun.

Greek yogurt is a great source of protein. Almost every shake I make has Greek yogurt. Just made my breakfast for tomorrow:

Water
Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
1 cup of blueberries and raspberries
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
1tsp of peanut butter

Tastes great. Going to add a little more almond milk in the morning to thin it out a bit.

hahe9u6a.jpg

Dinner tonight, lean pork chips, brown rice and some avocado :)

8 oz of Sirloin Steak, brown rice, and frozen organic mixed veggies.

Tip: Frozen vegetables are picked and frozen at peak ripeness, and therefore are chock full of minerals and vitamins. Whereas "fresh" veggies are picked before they are ripe so they'll ripen in the store. Because of this they are missing the levels of nutrition that frozen vegetables pack.
uhy9ydat.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Very nice colt

Probably not a complaint that some on here want to hear, but I have a really high metabolism. So much so that stuffing my face every day with 4,500 "clean" calories just to get to a point where I'm making gains is becoming cumbersome. Not to mention expensive.

Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely appreciative that I don't have to fight hard to keep fat off. It's just that in order to get the food that I need to keep growing, while at the same time eating clean enough to fuel my real muscles and not my "table muscles" takes an inordinate amount of time out of my day and is getting to be an inconvenience.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Get married, that sh!t will end! I used to be that way, and still am to a point. I used to stop at McDonald's and eat two Big Macs, a larger fry and a large Coke on the way to family dinners and still go back for seconds and thirds.

Then I got married.

Just ran 2 1/2 miles, mixing in walking 2 minutes then running 2 minutes. Training starts today!!! I have my 10 year anniversary trip coming up May 1st in Mexico so it's extra motivation. That gives me 3 months to get beach ready! Ha! Eating better already but now throwing in the cardio for the next 2 weeks then picking up the weights. Here we go!

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the T25 workout dvd set?

21-15-9 of 45# kettle-bell snatches and pullups. Then 10 sets of 3 bench press @ 185#. Work.

Now for some tasty beef & veggie soup and a protein shake.

30 min. or 4.4 miles on the rower today.

I haven't done it but I know the rest of the stuff from Beach Body is VERY good.

I started it, but my only good time to workout is the mornings, and my body is definitely not awake enough for ShawnT.
Speaking directly to the workout, it is laid out very well. The 'control' workout girl (doing the scaled workout) is a good place to start. The nutrition aspect is also thought out, with a good balance of snacks and food. I did not really pay attention to the nutrition aspect because I'm a vegetarian.

A little over a mile on the Rower today. I have also consumed more veggies this year than I likely have in my life. Down a few pounds in the last few days just from eating much healthier.

Time to lift things up and put them down.

Ran the cross country course at my school today. 5 inches of snow didn't feel good on my feet but every day of preparation counts now.

Jen tried to go for a run last night, but her knee gave up after about 10-15 mins so we walked back home :sad:

I have suggested that we skip running for a couple of weeks and go swimming instead and instead of running in the park on Sunday mornings, we still go but just walk for an hour or so

She is upset about it, but I won't let her get too down about it - she has a physio that comes to her place of work tomorrow so I think she is going to speak to her for some advice

It's been a month of eating right (PGA show not included), a cleanse and regular trips to the gym. A life style change for the panda and I'm down a pants size may two and shed 12lbs. Not sure how much muscle I've added but man do I feel good.

This week I'll be hitting the weights and yoga hard for a few months. Build strength and flexibility.

It's been a month of eating right (PGA show not included), a cleanse and regular trips to the gym. A life style change for the panda and I'm down a pants size may two and shed 12lbs. Not sure how much muscle I've added but man do I feel good.

This week I'll be hitting the weights and yoga hard for a few months. Build strength and flexibility.

A motivated svelt Panda is a very scary Panda. Proud of you buddy!

Good work Sir!

Keep it up Freddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back