The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent some time working on my chipping. Going with a hybrid Dave Stockton/Dave Pelz approach this year. Really have the ball further back in my stance than ever before. Doesn't feel real comfortable at the moment but I like the results.

Got some solid practice in tonight after all of this great need. Felt like I was hitting real well with the irons tonight.
byhe5era.jpg

Got some solid practice in tonight after all of this great need. Felt like I was hitting real well with the irons tonight.
byhe5era.jpg

Looks like you were hammering the sweet spot buddy!

Going to do some putting tonight on the birdieball green like everyday, then it's off to the gym to work on fitness and work with the gold flex tempo trainer. I'm fully taking the fitness aspect as in a range session. Fitness is a huge part IMO!

10 foot ceilings in the garage. ...hmmmm

Just do it. Great way to get away. Have a drink, put on some tunes, hit some balls.

Just do it. Great way to get away. Have a drink, put on some tunes, hit some balls.

Yeah I think I'll take my time even getting that opener fixed...easier that way when she can't pull her suv in.

Any net and Matt recomendations?

Well today the preparation for the 2014 Morgan Cup began. I devised a plan on how to move forward with practice time, match play, and made of list of teaching pros in the area. I can't say the last time I have been so pumped about practicing.

In the meantime I rolled the rock on the birdieball for about an hr, followed by some indoor pitching. Ahhhh

Yeah I think I'll take my time even getting that opener fixed...easier that way when she can't pull her suv in.

The net I have my wife picked it up at dicks. About 100 bucks... works grear5

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The net I have my wife picked it up at dicks. About 100 bucks... works grear5

Nice...I've gotta run it past the Mrs. .that will be interesting but should be easy sell

Nice...I've gotta run it past the Mrs. .that will be interesting but should be easy sell

Its a callaway branded one. When I go back to work tomorrow ill snap a picture of the box for ya

I picked up my callaway net at Target for $50 but its a 7x7 net.
Its a callaway branded one. When I go back to work tomorrow ill snap a picture of the box for ya

I asked Hawk the same thing like Saturday maybe, well about the net not the mat.

He said the Rukk Net was the best he's been around. Mine arrived today, haven't used it yet, though.

I should probably get a mat the earth might be a little frozen yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rukk is the best. The dicks versions won't stand up to heavy use from my experience. Just depends how much you're gonna use it.

Callaway net that my wife bought off Amazon has been solid. No signs of wear or tear and it's been getting a ton of use.

Monster tee mat is fantastic! Its think enough to hold a tee, doesn't leave any green residue on your club and very high quality. I bought the 48x48 and am very pleased. I'm only using up to 5 iron so I didn't need a bigger mat to hit driver. I like that it's square so if i start to wear one side I can just rotate it.

Thanks for all the info fellas...gonna look into it more in the am

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Hitting balls into the net and my swing is feeling like garbage at the moment.

I'm afraid to take video to see how bad it is.

Another day closer to the MC and another cold day here... more indoor net hitting. Cold for next 7 days so I need to set up a lesson and video practice settion at golftec.

Another day closer to the MC and another cold day here... more indoor net hitting. Cold for next 7 days so I need to set up a lesson and video practice settion at golftec.

It's suppose to be 75 hear tomorrow and then a chance of snow next week. LOL! Love the winter here.

I'm driving down to H-town tomorrow morning early but the weather is going to be so good I'm going to find a driving range somewhere around Conroe (north of Houston) to pound some balls for a hour. It's all about the pit stops on a road trip, right!?

It's suppose to be 75 hear tomorrow and then a chance of snow next week. LOL! Love the winter here.

I'm driving down to H-town tomorrow morning early but the weather is going to be so good I'm going to find a driving range somewhere around Conroe (north of Houston) to pound some balls for a hour. It's all about the pit stops on a road trip, right!?

Hey Big Time, how long are you in Houston for?

Not long I'm afraid. My mom is at MD Anderson for her final round of treatment so going to spend it there. Are you in town?

Arriving on Saturday and spending a week there. Would love to tee it up with you, but take care of your mom first. I've also got some serious rust to knock off my game.

Guys lets make sure to keep this thread to the range and practice things happening. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back