New from Columbus, Ohio

steamcorners

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a bad golfer.

"Hi, Chris!"

I've been playing since I was about 11 or so using hand-me-downs, but I gave up the game about 10-ish years ago when I tweaked my back playing. Buying a Mazda Miata and not having room for clubs in the trunk may have contributed to the problem, too.

Well, the Miata is still around, but is primarily a shelf. Summer of 2012 I had to pull the old clubs out for a company tourney, and I was hooked again.

I'm in my mid-30's, so my driving distance is WAY down from my youth--had GPS-verified 320+ when I was in my early 20's, now 275 is a good swing, 245 is more common...

..but I'm playing better. Broke 100 and 90 over the past 18 months--best round of 88 this past September, with my first-ever birdie.

I don't like Pina Coladas, but I don't mind being caught in the rain.

I suppose I'll have to put a WITB in my signature, but I'm cheap. I buy nearly everything second-hand. I need to get fitted.

Hoping to play a bunch more than the ~10 rounds I got in last year. 2 young kids involved in sports/etc. make it challenging, but I'm hoping to find a weeknight league this spring.

So, thanks for letting me become a part of this crowd...

Welcome to THP Chris, as Dan said lots of THPERS in the Buckeye state

Welcome to the forum Chris!

Great intro man.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome, Chris. Love the humor in your intro, you should fit right in.

Welcome!

Welcome, Chris. Love the humor in your intro, you should fit right in.

Thanks, I use humor to mask a crippling sadness..and crippling lack of money to spend on all the new clubs I want.

See, I did it again.

As I went to look how to do the sig, I found that I don't have enough posts yet. So, I'll throw out a brief WITB here:

Driver: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 9.5°, stock stiff shaft (dunno "brand")
3W: TM V-Steel 15°, very old Aldila shaft with stiffness worn off---paint flaking off
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX, 18°
3-PW: Tommy Armour 845 Oversize--circa 1999, not the Sports Authority stuff
SW: Cleveland 588RTG, 57°
I know I need a gap wedge..haven't gotten around to adding one yet.
Putter: Ping Anser 2, OG steel, stock grip--want to add a Salty Grip one of these days
Ball: Usually Gamer V2--still have several dozen from a Walmart $5/dozen closeout deal a year ago.
Bag: Older Belding Stand Bag, Ohio State Buckeyes logo.
Shoes: Adidas Adicross Mesh.

I think that's it...

Welcome to THP Chris! Tons of great THPers from Ohio, then there's that 441 guy. Love the humor.

Welcome Chris like Dan and Mike said lots of great people here in Ohio and many that travel to play with us here. We get together a couple times a yr to tee it up.

Welcome Chris!

Welcome to THP Chris, glad you joined.

:welcome: Chris!

Welcome to the team Chris!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome Chris! We had 3 unofficial get togethers last summer in Ohio (and 1 official THP event), I encourage you to jump on in! Playing with THPers is by far the best kind of golf!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome fellow ohioan

Welcome to :thp: Chris! I'm with you on the cheap haha, all my stuff is used or heavily discounted as well.

"HIIIIII Chris!" Welcome to THP! I know exactly where you're at...minus the Miada, but I drive a Fiesta to work and back soooooo, very similar as no clubs fit in the trunk.
Enjoy the forum...later!

welcome to THP, Chris!

Hey Chris welcome to THP. Great initial introduction and glad you decided to join us and....

Go Blue!!!

New from Columbus, Ohio

Welcome to the forum. Great group of buckeyes here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back