What is your biggest fear on the golf course?

I'm with Seth on this one. My biggest fear on the golf course is not enjoying it. What's the point if it's not fun?

Probably would have to be my back just locking up and spasming.

I might get embarrassed with a shot or something but I don't fear it.

Back issues have never gone away so it's a constant fear.

Figured it would be a good time to bump this one up.

Teeing off in front of a group is a new one for me, at the ultimate testing I was cold and nervous for those rounds which is unusual for me, the cold was out of my control though lol, it was freakin freezing. Do you get nervous playing with other people or important people?

I wasnt bad at invitationals and stuff teeing off first in front of 36 peeps

But the MC was a whole other ANIMAL or nerves

My biggest fear is... Fear

You know some days when you dont feel it, That either a drive or a sand shot scares you to the point that you know you are gonna miss it.

Confidence is the key to both failure and success

Teeing off in front of a group is a new one for me, at the ultimate testing I was cold and nervous for those rounds which is unusual for me, the cold was out of my control though lol, it was freakin freezing. Do you get nervous playing with other people or important people?

Yes, I do....... but you already knew that.

I've been really conscious about my game since it started going downhill a couple years ago, but thanks to a bunch of guys here on THP I am getting a lot better. It used to be anxiety, now it's just nervousness.

Bees, wasps. Anything that flies and has a stinger. Poison ivy.

Shanks.

The first tee. All I need is one good strike to settle me down. Usually it's within the first two swings. But if it goes any longer I get anxious.

Never thought I would be, until I had to at the NE Invite. I tried telling myself it's like no other first tee shot! Until you step back to start your pre-shot routine and see 30-40 people starring at you. Changed real quick for me!

Never thought I would be, until I had to at the NE Invite. I tried telling myself it's like no other first tee shot! Until you step back to start your pre-shot routine and see 30-40 people starring at you. Changed real quick for me!

Probably didn't help watching your partner whiff his tee shot!

Taps away

I always get thrown off my game if a group of people I don't know pull up to our tee box just as I am about to tee off. Happens the most on 1 and 10. I am almost guaranteed to send it off into the woods or nearest body of water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gators. Gotta be gators, but water moccasins and rattlesnakes are up there too. Moccasins are sorta agressive.

Absolute nightmare for me! my first time golfing in Florida I came face to face with a large black snake...I ran...they laughed.

Skunks,we have a couple families of skunk that frequent my home course during summer/fall. They are usually pretty harmless unless startled or provoked but the visitors always freak out and wont go within 20 yards.

Being backed up on a hole with 2-3 other groups waiting, its your turn to go, and duffing the tee shot. Probably half the time after a long wait this happens to me.

Anything hazardous to my health... Duffing a shot off the tee box with people watching (it's been known to occur) yes no enjoying the round is one as well but not a primary concern...

Oh and quicksand...

Using Tapatalk

Tee boxex where driver is required. No idea where the ball is going right now.

For me it has always been that 1st tee box. One would think as much competitive golf I have played it would be so simple to walk up, tee the ball, and swing away. Not so much.

I think that is where mental prep comes into play.

A drop area that requires a 50 yard shot over the same water that I just hit my previous shot into. i.e. The shot Zach Johnson holed out (after dunking the first one in the drink) to force the playoff with Tiger last year at the NW Mutual Tournament.

1. Lightening
2. Getting creamed by someone's golf ball
3. %hanks

Toss up between either, trees close left off the tee box where I can't start the driver left or a ball sitting high in the rough and requiring less than a full shot with a wedge (sure shank.)

My biggest fears on the course are getting caught on the course or range when its lightning. Also have a bigger fear of hooking the balls when the sexy cart girl comes through where im playing

Diarrhea !! My brother had it happen to him on a guy's trip to Myrtle Beach....had to strip in the woods, played 4-5 holes with no underwear and at the turn went to his car to change. Lost his golf towel during "clean up".

Back