THP TV - Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV had a chance to chat with Jason Finely about the new Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alpha Drivers.

Love it. Dream Team will be Alpha-fied next week and we cannot wait to share our thoughts even more

It's so great to see Big Bertha back. And these two options are packed full of tech and features. I can't wait to give either of them a swing and see which fits me better!

Good succinct description of the two new Berthas. I'm really liking what I've read about the Alpha, but will let a fitting determine which will be best for my game. Both of these drivers are going to be HUGE this year.

Yes so happy to be a #TeamCallaway member for the MC. The geek in me hopes I can hit the Alpha but I will be checking my ego at the door and playing what works best for me.

So many thoughts on these drivers and all of them are very positive. From the sound, to the feel, to the weight, the technology. All of it together makes probably the best driver I have ever hit. So easy to send the golf ball a long ways out there and do it consistently. I am looking forward to getting one in the bag and finding out much better my game can get.

Gosh I hope I can swing the Big Bertha today. The time since ECPC has just been a big void in my life that can only be filled by Big Bertha. We've called it a "game changer," that's because it is. I can't wait to have this thing in hand. Aesthetics, performance, sound, feel, name...this has it all.

This is the first time I've ever seen a club have a 'buzz' on the course and in the pro shops prior to its release. I ran into 4 strangers at GolfTown last night and we chatted about Callaways lineup for half an hour. Despite the price tag I think this club will sell a lot.

Really looking forward to these drivers coming out. I think people are defiantly going to need to be fitted with these to be set up properly. Its almost to a point like cars where they are so far advance you can't work on them.

Come to me big momma! :guitar::in-love::kiss::kissing::zdance:

This is the first time I've ever seen a club have a 'buzz' on the course and in the pro shops prior to its release. I ran into 4 strangers at GolfTown last night and we chatted about Callaways lineup for half an hour. Despite the price tag I think this club will sell a lot.

I agree that there is quite a buzz and it's fun to hear people rave about these drivers, myself included, but the price tag on them is no different than other new drivers on the market nor any in the past.

I got to hit the stock shaft in an X. I still felt like I was steering it though.

I agree that there is quite a buzz and it's fun to hear people rave about these drivers, myself included, but the price tag on them is no different than other new drivers on the market nor any in the past.

At 550 dollars (in Canada) the Alpha is the most expensive club I've ever seen on the shelf. Usually Titleist is the highest at 450...unless I'm missing something.

At 550 dollars (in Canada) the Alpha is the most expensive club I've ever seen on the shelf. Usually Titleist is the highest at 450...unless I'm missing something.

There are others in that price range. It's usually the "pro" version of clubs. Example the Taylormade SLDR TP is 499.99 USD and the Alpha is $499.99 USD. Most people will probably fit in the BB category which category which has a 399.99 USD price tag, along with many other drivers on the market now.

when should we see these things popping up in our local golf shops?

when should we see these things popping up in our local golf shops?

Release date is 2/14. So probably around that time. Demos might be out a little earlier than that I would think.

Release date is 2/14. So probably around that time. Demos might be out a little earlier than that I would think.

I have read the same date, I am planning on trying both drivers on that day hopefully.

Some stores have demos already. I'd call around to different stores to see what they've got.

In Chicago, some Golf Galaxy stores have the demos. I had no luck with PGA SS or Golfsmith.

Some stores have demos already. I'd call around to different stores to see what they've got.

In Chicago, some Golf Galaxy stores have the demos. I had no luck with PGA SS or Golfsmith.

Yep. Every store is different so a quick call never hurts.

I am SO PUMPED for these drivers. Can't wait for them to get in store. Chatted with one of their guys who is on staff with Callaway two nights ago about the Alpha, and he was really excited about it. I'm super excited for the Bertha particularly, but very interested to hit the Alpha as well.

I have to give these a try. They just look good, and the tech in these, especially the alpha, is just amazing.

Here's to hoping that people don't sleep on Bertha for Alpha, would be a mistake for many IMO.

Here's to hoping that people don't sleep on Bertha for Alpha, would be a mistake for many IMO.
No truer words have been spoken!

[QUtOTE=Jman;2764182]Here's to hoping that people don't sleep on Bertha for Alpha, would be a mistake for many IMO.[/QUOTE]

What did you say this driver is aimed towards(what handicap or what type of golfer)

Amen...is it considered cheating if I fall for Bertha on Valentines Day? I mean, I'm not sacrificing my marriage for a scratch handicap or anything, but Bertha sounds like a woman to be reckoned with.

Back