The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm infatuated with my Orange Whip. WHY I haven't gotten one beofre now is beyond me, I honestly put it right there on the dumb moves list next to me putting off getting lessons.

I can FEEL my transition, I can FEEL the lag, I can FEEL my balance, I can FEEL where I am SUPPOSED to be accelerating. Eff yes.

It is nice. I need to put that back in my regular daily routine.

Got my first lengthy Morgan Cup practice session in today. I have been doing a lot of gym work this off season so I really didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. The biggest thing I realized is with increased core strength is how quick my hips are moving through impact. I hit a lot of my longer clubs to the right as I was a little quick with the lower body but those that were timed correctly showed great improvement in length and trajectory

Before the Morgan Cup, I would have rated the overall practice session as an 8-9 due to my layoff..... Now due to MC and expectations I would give it a 6. Overall the ball striking was good but there was just too much inconsistency with the long clubs and the misses to the right.

I also found about 20 minutes to work on some wedges and the core stability I am working towards has helped with my consistency and ability to hit different trajectories

Hope my fellow MC'ers were able to get out a little today as well

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Love the progress and attitude that there is more work to do Kyle. Slow and steady will win the race.

I'm infatuated with my Orange Whip. WHY I haven't gotten one beofre now is beyond me, I honestly put it right there on the dumb moves list next to me putting off getting lessons.

I can FEEL my transition, I can FEEL the lag, I can FEEL my balance, I can FEEL where I am SUPPOSED to be accelerating. Eff yes.

I like it... wait until after you give it a dozen swings then hit a ball... #crushed

It is nice. I need to put that back in my regular daily routine.

I like it... wait until after you give it a dozen swings then hit a ball... #crushed

I'm excited about it more than any club TBH. I've been trying to instill a little "pause" (terrible word for it) at the top of my backswing to help drop the club down and in the slot rather than the over aggressive transition forcing me over the top, I can actually FEEL that with the OW. Very cool.

Anyone every try the Golf Fitness Swing Trainer? Just finished up a session with this and it definitely promotes strengthening flexibility and turn.

I'm excited about it more than any club TBH. I've been trying to instill a little "pause" (terrible word for it) at the top of my backswing to help drop the club down and in the slot rather than the over aggressive transition forcing me over the top, I can actually FEEL that with the OW. Very cool.

I have the exact same thing going on, when I get quick in my transition I come over the top... that short pause helps me drop my hands into the slot. The OW does a great job forcing you to do that and really forces me to get my weight forward .

Anyone every try the Golf Fitness Swing Trainer? Just finished up a session with this and it definitely promotes strengthening flexibility and turn.

I haven't, but I've been looking some more at some different programs and such, I really need to force myself to start using my resistance bands again, I've gotten lazy there.

I haven't, but I've been looking some more at some different programs and such, I really need to force myself to start using my resistance bands again, I've gotten lazy there.

I'll send you some info when I get back home. Really unique practice device.

So I figure my practice season should be opening up here in the next month or so to where I can go out and hit balls outdoors. If I just get the snow to leave and some temps above the freezing mark and lack of wind I'll be at the range. But i'm thinking this year of going at starting my season a little different this year. I have heard interviews in the past, especially with Tiger, when a Tour Player takes an extended period off that they start at the green and work there way back. This is something that I'm thinking about doing this year. I've taken about 12 weeks off from golf at this point and haven't done so much as roll a putt in that 12 weeks. Its actually been nice to just get away from the game for a bit. But I think starting this week, I'm going break out the Birdie Ball mat, and start rolling the rock. Once its fit to actually go out side I will start rolling on the putting green and then to the short game area working on chipping and pitching and then start a progression through the bag, intoducing a new club in each range session till I get the driver. I think this will help groove the swing in with the shorter clubs, and keep me from letting any small flaw creep in with the big sticks right away. I'll certainly keep this thread updated with how this idea works out for me.

I think this is a fantastic idea, as someone of you caliber knows their swing much better than most of us and can fix the small flaw that creeps in. With that I think this would be good for almost all of to do regardless of our abilities as it allows us to build our swing and muscles slowly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How far can you hit a ball in there?

The dome is 85 yards deep. It's nice to practice 1/2 and 3/4 wedges. Also it gives you an idea on your ball flight. For actually practicing I like hitting the dome better than the sim.

The dome is 85 yards deep. It's nice to practice 1/2 and 3/4 wedges. Also it gives you an idea on your ball flight. For actually practicing I like hitting the dome better than the sim.

I got a dome about ten minutes away but there just football, baseball and softball in the winter. Its some BS I think.

Went to practice what we covered in my lesson a couple days ago. We had focused on taking the club back less on the inside while keeping the club square and shortening the back swing. Already I can feel how much better it is when I don't take the club too far inside. Really helps get me in the right spot when I start down.

It sure felt good to get some full swings in during this snowstorm.

Every week I hit a bucket of balls while my son has his golf class. Sometimes it's the only play I get. Although next week I'll get to play on Sunday too. Today I worked mostly on fundamentals: ball position, alignment, stance, and grip. As far as my swing I just tried to totally relax my arms and hands and just swing nice and easy. That helps me get better leverage and actually helps my shoulder turn to be more natural. It felt great today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practiced putting for an hour after my round this afternoon. Worked on getting a consistent ball position; been pushing too many putts.

Good range time before and after a round today. Working on better takeaway and getting through the ball versus hitting at it or stopping/pushing.

Putting, putting, putting, especially working on trying the fingertip grip a la O'Brien. The weather is warmed up just enough to start melting the snow...but with snow expected next week, I might need to see if I can find some mats to hit off of tomorrow.

Great short game session today with mu buddy Rich. Lots of chipping, putting and some competition. Finished with some sand work and left. 3.5 hours today and it seemed like only an hour.

JM

Finally was able to get outside for more than 5 minutes without freezing to death. After a volatile week hitting inside, really worked on my downswing. Focused on my left hand leading and releasing at impact. At the end of the day, really started to feel great. I'm getting excited for the season to start; I think this work and the lessons I've been taking are going to pay off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chipped a little bit in my living room with my new wedge and a 3Up ball. First swing was a bit too much, and I sent the ball right over the back of the love seat I was aiming for, nearly hitting a framed pic of my kids.

Thankfully, I got things dialled back quickly after that!

Spent 30 minutes working on flexibility, specifically upper body and hips. Then some orange whip. Then hit some balls. Promising results. There were little white marks on my club that weren't on the toe. Going to try to do the same today.

Spent 30 minutes working on flexibility, specifically upper body and hips. Then some orange whip. Then hit some balls. Promising results. There were little white marks on my club that weren't on the toe. Going to try to do the same today.

The more I hear of the whip the more I desire the whip.

I like it quite a bit. Took a long time to convince myself to spend the money, but I'm glad I did.

We have a nine hole par 3 at our golf course where we can practice all the short game stuff. Wedge shots, chipping, green side sand traps & putting will be the primary focus for the next two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back