2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a wicked workout. How many set(s) and rep(s) for each? Definitely interested in following along and even giving it a shot.

6-8 with 60 seconds in between. It is amazing what you can do in 40-45 minutes and how much it takes out of you.

Pull ups and rows are a much better option. If you cannot do a body weight pull up, use one of thos counterbalance pullup machines or bands.

Those counterbalance machines are awesome. After I do my first 3 sets of 10 or so pull ups I move to this machine to knock out my last 20 or 30 with a 20 lb weight attached to the other end. Definitely helps to make it possible to really tear into those lats.

Blu,

I work out with kettlebells, and we do movements that are real similar to Olympic lifts. Most of the guys I train with use shoes like these when doing the KB stuff, then change shoes to do their cardio work. I use Reebok Crossfit shoes for now, but they say it makes a difference when they plant their heels to drive the bell up.

I have a pair of Oly shoes and they are great to push off of plus the heel helps in reaching good depth in squats by requiring less ankle and hamstring flexibility.

6-8 with 60 seconds in between. It is amazing what you can do in 40-45 minutes and how much it takes out of you.

Make sure on the primary barbell lift you look at the rest. It's almost always 2 minutes of rest. Auxiliary lifts are around 60 seconds.

Time to get in a second cardio workout of the day

I bought a TRX suspension training system and did my first workout today. It's a 12 week program and the first four weeks really hammer your core. I guess I'm a little out of shape because I was DONE after the 40 min workout today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. It is a single joint, low weight exercise. Good for body building (steroid users). But from an efficiency and effectiveness standpoint, pull-ups and lat pull downs are much better. Plus, for back width, horizontal pull-ups and their variations are better.

But, probably not a bad rehab exercise though.

Just my .02

Thanks blugold! What is a horizonal pullup? Bar in the horizontal position? What kettlebell or dumbell exercises would be good along with lat pulldowns & pullups?

Time to get in a second cardio workout of the day

Just finished my second stint on the rower. 14 plus miles this week. Look at Team Paradise putting in two a days already.

Meh. It is a single joint, low weight exercise. Good for body building (steroid users). But from an efficiency and effectiveness standpoint, pull-ups and lat pull downs are much better. Plus, for back width, horizontal pull-ups and their variations are better.

But, probably not a bad rehab exercise though.

Just my .02

This is actually an exercise that should have a place in most people's routine. The reason nobody does it much any more is most likely because it hits SO MANY muscles that they don't know where to use it.

The reason I believe it has its merits isn't for any reason that people usually use it. It's a really effective lift for building up the serratus muscles. (Those muscles that run along your rib cage and along side your abs for those that don't know) There isn't a ton of exercises out there that are effective at hitting those muscles, so you kinda gotta get it where you can.

Day one of Blugolds mass building routine.

Low incline bench
Dumbbell Military press
Inverted row
Rope face pull
Diamond pushup till failure.

Meals have been really good today so far. 3 eggs, wheat toast, hashbrowns, chicken sausage coffee and water. Meal two, cottage cheese with pomegranates followed by chicken stew.

This was day one, what does the other days include? I tried to check, but couldn't find it...have you posted the whole program yet?

This is actually an exercise that should have a place in most people's routine. The reason nobody does it much any more is most likely because it hits SO MANY muscles that they don't know where to use it.

The reason I believe it has its merits isn't for any reason that people usually use it. It's a really effective lift for building up the serratus muscles. (Those muscles that run along your rib cage and along side your abs for those that don't know) There isn't a ton of exercises out there that are effective at hitting those muscles, so you kinda gotta get it where you can.

It's a good rehab lift. Like I said. But lots of good lifts where that specific muscle group gets worked.

This was day one, what does the other days include? I tried to check, but couldn't find it...have you posted the whole program yet?

Ill post today's workout as soon as I finish it. Probably going to be later in the day

Just finished running (OK, more like jogging) two miles on the treadmill. It's a start.

Just finished running (OK, more like jogging) two miles on the treadmill. It's a start.

Nice man! Way to go!!

Debated on hitting balls or working out today due to the schedule. Chose the workout/run. About to purchase some resistance bands off amazon to start working on body sync and transition for the month of Feb in addition to my continuous core work

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Debated on hitting balls or working out today due to the schedule. Chose the workout/run. About to purchase some resistance bands off amazon to start working on body sync and transition for the month of Feb in addition to my continuous core work

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Love it. Plenty of time to crush balls. Build that base!

Just got in my cardio for the day. I wont throw it all away watching this game

That's awesome man. Just did 2 miles on the treadmill myself for all the snacks I'm about to partake in :).
Keep it up man,
#lookinggoodincobraorange

Big game spread for me includes lettuce wraps filled with veggies and a little lean turkey. Got 15 min. in on the rower on my "off" day just to get a head start on the week.

Big game spread for me includes lettuce wraps filled with veggies and a little lean turkey. Got 15 min. in on the rower on my "off" day just to get a head start on the week.

You're so healthy. You're making up for us. I'm going to have some ghost pepper salsa on my taco(s) tonight. I am going to sweat off dinner, as I eat it.

Finally got a get back to the gym tomorrow. Cardio and come abs are in oder!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Today was hard. Tomorrow I wont be able to walk haha

Squat
Dumbbell split squat
Back extension
ezbar curl
farmers walk

legshurtforthewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back