2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

Someone had a delivery today . . .

Lucky bastage.

Thanks for the pics. That looks AWESOME!

Yep. Wedges, FW, Driver... Irons came as well, but a bit of a mixup on the order that is being fixed. Hybos should be here in a couple weeks

Looks awesome th...like bombers...except the left handed part

I can see myself putting some serious idiot marks on this thing! Wow is that a shallow face.

I love the looks of the Bertha line. Enjoy it.

a8e4a3ys.jpg

I liked this FW a lot during the fitting session. I like it even more in hand. It sets up incredibly close to my current FWs. It almost looks a little shallower, which is very nice.

I need to hit this Fairway. Bad, bad.

It is a shape I love, sets up beautifully, and just looks to be mean!

I bet ATL is going to hammer it!

Same here....it has bomber written all over it.

Same here....it has bomber written all over it.
Yes, it does. And the shallow face (from what I can tell in the pics) is something that I really like in a fairway wood.

During testing, it sent golf balls a long way. I heard Ryan chuckle and gasp at the same time.

This is how I want FWs to look. Low profile and a little more on the compact size. I don't need the mini drivers or the really deep-faced stuff. It's just not for me.

Glad to see these start to show up for ya'all... I need to hit this in a bad way.... keep going back and forth between the 3W or 5W. Love the low profile and adjustability.

During testing, it sent golf balls a long way. I heard Ryan chuckle and gasp at the same time.

This is how I want FWs to look. Low profile and a little more on the compact size. I don't need the mini drivers or the really deep-faced stuff. It's just not for me.
Same thing for me, dude. Compact, low profile, and long. However, my 3W long and your 3W long are different.

Yes this is also in my sights. Cant get to the store fast enough.

I have never wanted to wish away two weeks as quickly as I wish the next few would pass...can't wait to see these in person as soon as they hit retail.

I spent an hour last night hitting the Big Bertha Fairway Wood at my local PGA superstore. Frankly I was disappointed. I'm currently running the Optiforce Fairway woods, which I hit higher and 5 yards further. The Optiforce FW are lighter and the shaft seems to work for me. I was sold that these would be magic with the ability to change the loft and lie, it didn't matter.

While the Apex irons I bought this year, and the new Speed Regime #1 ball have both been big improvements, I didn't find it here (when compared againt the woods I already had).

I didn't like the Big Bertha Fairway Driver either. My Ping 25 was longer and more forgiving. The thing I really disliked was how terribly shiny these clubs are. I've gotten used to the matte finish on the Ping 25, so I'm sticking with it.

This one is firmly intrenched on my MUST hit list after talking to JB about it at the PGA Show, the driver is a freaking beast so I honestly expect more of the same here.

This one is firmly intrenched on my MUST hit list after talking to JB about it at the PGA Show, the driver is a freaking beast so I honestly expect more of the same here.

I plan on doing some awesome stalking of these when they're out. Very high temptation on this

I have been taking practice swings in my apartment with it this morning. The thing sets up SOOOOO well to me. A bit shallower face than I have normally used, and that is a good thing I think. Cannot wait for the temperature to get out of the high teens low 20s

I have been taking practice swings in my apartment with it this morning. The thing sets up SOOOOO well to me. A bit shallower face than I have normally used, and that is a good thing I think. Cannot wait for the temperature to get out of the high teens low 20s

THIS is the key for me. I just have more success in a fairway wood from the tee and deck here.

I have found a lot of success with a shallow faced 5w and the BB looks very similar. I was originally thinking x2h for MC FW but the BB maybe the one for me. I also like the adjustable loft as well. I can't wait for Feb 14!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back