How has THP changed your life???

The motivation to practice and get better at golf everyday. Also the amount of knowledge that I've picked up here is incredible. I'll be able to update this once I've participated in an event, but just from the kindness on the forum it's been amazing!

I enjoy the site reading the thoughts and anecdotes of others helps a very busy and overactive mind be at a bit of ease , it's a blessing to have this to come to .
On the golf side it is great I am being much more focused on true game improvement and will be joining both a mens club here and the Albatross Club as $ permits.

A sincere thank you to all whose posts I have read and enjoyed in my brief time as a member here.

Golf just is not as fun if you only play by yourself. We have a place to talk golf, attend awesome golf events, and make many friends along the way. I like getting out with the DFW crew to play and our next event for #ownthesecondshot will be incredible.

I got involved with a local MGA and there is just no community outside of the tournaments, so there is no real motivation to build friendships. This community almost builds that since of belonging before you ever show up to the first tee at a local get-together or a big event.

Last but not least--motivation to improve my game.

Id say thus far Thp has definitely changed my life. The way I look at the game, equipment and countless other things has been changed. As cliché as it might be I kinda needed to find Thp. Life was getting a little dark if you will. Ive laughed bantered ranted purchased learned won loss and many other things all within a community of people who share a passion but are different enough to make it interesting.
THP has shown me that there is still kindness in the world and has me motivated to share some back. Although im 2 weeks behind sending a package out :( .
Without a doubt this place has changed my life. Been here like 4 months and I cant wait to write something after 4 more :)

To keep it simple:

The generosity I have seen displayed here has given me a faith in humanity that I had lost.

I have a new outlook on golf and golfers in general after attending my first event. I "need" to get better now and got to meet a bunch of great people.

Because of THP I have 2 new guys that I play rounds with at least twice a month. And because of those two, I have played 6 great new local courses that I probably would have never gotten to on my own.

First and foremost it's the great people here.
Then comes the equipment knowledge that gets shared.

It's hard for me to remember what it was like pre-THP and what I did with my free time back then (I think there were more video games involved, so this is definitely more worthwhile). THP has not only allowed me to become a much more knowledgeable golfer, but has also given me a plethora of amazing opportunities to play courses I would have never played, and certainly to meet amazing people that I would have never crossed paths with otherwise.

Kind of difficult to put into words. Quite simply, I've made new friends from all over the world and now I have new people that I consider family. Overall, it has been pretty life altering.

THP is definitely changing my life but it's hard to say how. On the surface it would appear that I spend more time on the computer and that I spend a lot more money, but if I dig deeper I think THP has given me the fuel and the resources to really dive headlong into the golfing world. Golf is my only hobby and it's all I do when I'm not working or with my wife so heck, why not talk about it as much as I can?
Having yet to attend an event I have no doubt that doing so is going to ramp it up to the next level for me too.

Information, honest opinions, great advice.

It has helped me select the correct equipment. I've been sent charts and information from others. Technical info regarding shaft flexes.

Understanding kick points, etc.

Food recipes.

It goes on and on.

Jackal

Friendship, education, and a place to call home. it's pretty difficult to put into words how people come into your life that you'll drive hundreds of miles to meet for a round of golf, food, drinks, and banter, go home and impatiently wait to do it again lol. If I ever have a question about gear the answer has always been here, it's really not my strong suit and that resource is invaluable. It has been a blessing in my life.

First and foremost, the information that I have read since joining here has been vast and it has opened my eyes to so much more than what I was aware of

Above that, it has been great to to meet up with other members and play courses that I most likely wouldn't have played if it wasn't for being here

On the downside, it has been extremely difficult to stop myself from spending lots of money on shiny new toys - that would have to be the biggest negative about the site..... :D

Jeez, where do I start.

Met some great people, my best friends included. People that have accepted me for who I am, both as a person and a golfer, and not passed judgement.

I've done some really cool things. Things I would never have even dreamed could happen to me. Occasionally I have to stop and look back to really grasp some of things I've done by virtue of making a little intro post four years ago. I'm extrememly blessed for the things that have happened to me.

I've learned and learned and learned, which is one of my non-golfing passions.

Got a lot better at golf along the way, though sometimes I still feel like the guy that showed up at the first outing in 2010 and hacked his way around the course.

I can't even fathom this post saying everything I want to so I'll leave it bland and simple:

Making friends on the internet.
Playing golf with my internet friends while trying to explain that to my wife and dad.
Experiencing things I never ever thought I would.
A certain event making me push harder than I ever have to achieve my golf goals.
My internet friends becoming my family.

I remember where I was when i first joined. Sitting in a room in South Carolina with my dad and one of his buddies, talking about researching golf gear and wanting more.

I can't even fathom this post saying everything I want to so I'll leave it bland and simple:

Making friends on the internet.
Playing golf with my internet friends while trying to explain that to my wife and dad.
Experiencing things I never ever thought I would.
A certain event making me push harder than I ever have to achieve my golf goals.
My internet friends becoming my family.

I remember where I was when i first joined. Sitting in a room in South Carolina with my dad and one of his buddies, talking about researching golf gear and wanting more.

and now you dad has golfed with some of your internet friends!

and now you dad has golfed with some of your internet friends!

I love talking to him about THP experiences...

"Really??!?!?"
<<laughs>>
"How is this even possible?"
<<laughs>>
"And why you?"
<<laughs>>
"That's incredible. Too cool."

That's basically our conversation every time. And then he goes off and tells all his buddies what his kid is doing on some internet website. I love bringing my buddies out to play with him because it actually makes him understand that you guys are just a bunch of dudes looking for the same things as me.

Incredibly difficult to encompass what I feel about this place in writing, but THP is only as great as the people who contribute...and man, you all are some amazing people.

Really had to think about this one because THP has impacted my life in quite a few ways.

First I met and continue to meet some of the finest people in our society. Guys who are always willing to help out, even if helping out is just a quick chat. Have made some really good friends along the way and that is very important.

THP has given me a chance to get things off my chest a little more. Never one to really spill out the emotions(sans Morgan Cup), but instead usually just keep things to myself. Pretty sure that has helped me in multiple ways.

Golf became more than just something I would do on occasion. It became something I studied and learned more about. Opening my mind to ideas and thoughts from others about this game and all that goes with it. Joking with my former Golf Galaxy manager I told him that if he was ever in a pinch and needed someone to give me a call. Knowing more than I did then, I could rock that sale floor with no problem. That is all because of THP.

I have been to more events and played courses that I would never have thought of stepping foot on. My first outing was PGA National 2010 and from then on THP just became more of a family to me. To have played some seriously good courses with amazing company is something I really never dreamed of. To have that once in a lifetime opportunity to be treated like a tour pro for 1 weekend, and then be welcomed back as a captain not just once, but twice was an honor that I will never forget. All of those things also gave me the incentive to push my game to places I didn't think I could get.

I remember after I won a contest here for a GHOST putter after Justin Rose won at Memorial my dad asked where it came from. After that when irons showed up to test he asked if I was involved in something illegal. Then the MC happened and after all these years and experiences he just looks at me and asks if I realize how lucky I am. To have gotten involved in something like this, it really makes me think how amazing this place has been to me.

I don't think I can possibly say anything that hasn't already been said more eloquently than I could, but I want to say that I feel like I have a real connection with all of you guys (and a few gals) like I never thought possible from an Internet forum. Every time I've played with a THP'er for the first time, it feels like I've known them for years, even though I didn't even know what they looked like before. Also, I understand equipment and fitting so much better than I ever did - I'm nowhere near as knowledgable as some on here, and I still feel like I know more than some pro shop fitters. THP has also given me some great people to golf and hang out with in new areas of the country where I don't know anyone, as my job has required a few moves in the past few years.

And I'm sure I will have an even better understanding of this phenomenal community once I head down to Orlando in April and meet a large group of y'all!

...Also, my boss probably doesn't thank THP too much when I am super distracted on announcement days :alien:

I haven't been a member for very long but I can see so much information and reviews that I never had an idea was available to me before. I love the game of golf as a great stress relief and a challenge of my old body to continue to educate my mind. I look forward to many more years on this site and I can say that I wouldn't have bought my recoil shafts had it not been for THP. I don't always get time to check in but when I do , it takes days to catch up on all the great news and reviews. Thanks to each member who keeps their post honest and respectful to our great sport.

Kind of difficult to put into words. Quite simply, I've made new friends from all over the world and now I have new people that I consider family. Overall, it has been pretty life altering.
I've always struggled with that too buddy, it's tough to explain how much this place means to me, but when you experience it you just instantly understand.

I remember the first time I attended my first event in DM, I didn't know what to expect, when I got there, Ryan met me with a smile and a handshake. Everyone was amazing on the range, and Jesse, Ryan and Morgan couldn't have been nicer during our round. It was a true joy and I knew I'd be hooked forever.

I'm a very loyal person and I'm THP through and through, I couldn't imagine continuing my golf journey without THP.

That was a real fun day Icey.

I've always struggled with that too buddy, it's tough to explain how much this place means to me, but when you experience it you just instantly understand.

I remember the first time I attended my first event in DM, I didn't know what to expect, when I got there, Ryan met me with a smile and a handshake. Everyone was amazing on the range, and Jesse, Ryan and Morgan couldn't have been nicer during our round. It was a true joy and I knew I'd be hooked forever.

I'm a very loyal person and I'm THP through and through, I couldn't imagine continuing my golf journey without THP.

And I didn't even remember you from the event!!! LOL! Kidding, I remember our putting green conversation!

THP has been more of a compliment in my life than a change. It's what I do with my free time, when I have it. It's the friends I've met from it that will be with me till the end. It's the Morgan Cup. The event that has allowed me to better myself inside and out. It's the golf knowledge I've gained ten fold. It's the excitement the site brings day in and day out with new events, contests, inside golf information and just day to day things. It's great to be apart.

Safe to say participating in numerous THP events will further impact my life. I cannot wait to meet and make new lifelong friendships with such awesome group of people!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Can't say yet but I know I've learned a lot in the short time and seems like the people here are nothing but welcoming.

Back