I had the chance to get to the range today and finally see what the CMBs can do. I have to say that I am really impressed at what these irons are capable of. It was about 50* in Philly today with just a little bit of wind. Overall a great day to be at the range.

I had the whole place to myself today. Not a soul there. I got a large bucket, approximately 105 balls. I started with the 4 iron and worked my way through the set to the gap wedge. My first target was a flag that 193 yards away and slightly up hill. With my good shots I was flag high almost every time. The bad ones were still pretty good in my opinion. Not hole high but I would say I was seeing maybe 3-5 yards of difference with the poorly struck shots. I made my way through the bag and was seeing some real good distance control with all the clubs. When I got to the 6 iron I took aim at a green that was 184 away and a bit uphill. I hit about 10-12 balls all over this green. Every one seemed to be pin high. Not trying to sound like the typical internet golfer and say that I striped evey shot because I certainly didn't! This was one of the best range sessions of my life!

The C-Tapers blew my mind! I have the R flex 110g in them because my SS is anywhere from 87-92 at best. I really do feel like these shafts have significantly lowered my ball flight. My normal ball flight tends to be high bordering on ballooning but with the C-tapers I feel like I have a nice mid to low ball flight. Almost what you would want out of a driver but a touch higher. If that's not contradictory.
_
The clubs made a nice solid sound when they were hit well. Not the mute sound I was hoping for but a sound that let you know you hit it well. They also let you know when you hit one poorly as well.

Looking down at these clubs just makes me smile. They have a very nice, thin topline that I like and the satin finish just looks sweet behind a fresh white golf ball. Still not a fan of the Golf Pride grips and I'm more than positive I'll be changing them out before the start if the season.

Overall I'm extremely happy with these irons and can't wait to get them on the course and come back and give more of a write up.

Nice wright up.
How are they compared to the J40 irons?

I like them a lot better Milo. I did like the J40s but I am blown away by the CMBs. Just a real solid club.

Will be interested in your thoughts when you play a couple rounds.

Great write up G, interested to hear your thoughts on the turf interaction.

Real turf, guess I assumed you were hitting off mats.

I was. No good grass ranges in the Philly area! I will definitely revisit this thread after some real turf time

Good to hear Gianna. Sounds like you may have found a set your happy with.

Got these back to the range today and again came away really pleased. Really solid club and it has a nice muted sound to them. Mis hits were less that forgiving but I guess that's to be expected from a forged club. Still seeing a nice mid to low ball flight with these which I love. Only hit the 4, 5, 6 & 7 today because I was working with a training aid today so I didn't go through the whole bag like the first time but still coming away very impressed with the look and feel of this set. Safe to say I loathe the NDMC white out grips! Just too harsh for my taste. Really want to get these out on the course but might have to wait until my clubs St. Patty's day scramble to do so.

I have played these a few rounds, but are on the way out of the bag....I have a problem....

I honestly just wasn't thrilled with these. I liked my A12 Pros better.

I have played these a few rounds, but are on the way out of the bag....I have a problem....

I honestly just wasn't thrilled with these. I liked my A12 Pros better.

Sorry to hear that davo
What was the issue you had with them?

Gt to play with these for the first time today and I absolutely love these irons! I have the 110g R flex and I think going to regular flex will be the best thing for my game. These have such a great feeling to them when struck well. Turf interaction was great. I wasn't taking huge divots, just a pinch of grass. Really like having the stock GW in there as well. I am just very excited to get more playing time with these. Have a scramble in two weeks and can't wait!

Gt to play with these for the first time today and I absolutely love these irons! I have the 110g R flex and I think going to regular flex will be the best thing for my game. These have such a great feeling to them when struck well. Turf interaction was great. I wasn't taking huge divots, just a pinch of grass. Really like having the stock GW in there as well. I am just very excited to get more playing time with these. Have a scramble in two weeks and can't wait!

I'm still fairly certain I'm going to pick up a set of these at the end of the year just because. I really did enjoy hitting them a LOT when I got to last year.

I'm still fairly certain I'm going to pick up a set of these at the end of the year just because. I really did enjoy hitting them a LOT when I got to last year.

I approve of this ponder! Such a great feeling/looking iron!

LtEvO TaPpEd

I approve of this ponder! Such a great feeling/looking iron!

LtEvO TaPpEd

I absolutely POUNDED the 7i/8i's in Iowa and in Austin. But, I also love the CT's...and they love me back. :alien:

I want to change the shaft to Project 95 Flighted 5.0.
Can someone tell me how it will perform?
(cause I used to play KBS 90R)
Too many thanks!

An oldie but a goodie.
Has anyone played these with the programs? Any thoughts on flight, spin, weight of the shaft and just any general thoughts on the pairing?

Seen these at my local Austad's Golf, more interested in the C-Taper shafts than I was in the actual club. All I will say is that I was hitting 5-10 yards(on monitor playing both clubs today) further with the adams, and they felt so smooth. If I had a spare 1K laying around, they might have become mine.

Not only did they perform, but they are beautiful!

For me, they are the greatest looking stock clubs I have seen.

Just got a set with KBS Tours (wanted a little higher launch vs. the C-Taper). GORGEOUS clubs - just need to get out and hit them!

For you guys that have these in the bag with the C Tapers how well do you hold a green with the long irons?

I just bought these irons after seeing them on closeout slightly used at my local golf shop for $350!!! They come with KBS C-Taper Stiff shafts, which I've been playing in my wedges and I really like them. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out there and try them on the course. I've been looking at upgrading to a blade style for a couple years now, and these seem to get great reviews and recommended for players in my handicap range.

I'm taking a golf trip to Arizona this month but not sure I want to put them in the bag for fear that they could take some getting used to. What would you do? Leave em home and stick with my current irons? Play em?

ping.jpg
i20 TFC 707D
taylormade.jpg
r11 15.5 fujikura blur 70
taylormade.jpg
r11 19 fujikura blur 70
callaway.jpg
Diablo Forged 4-P
projectx.png
callaway.jpg
Jaws X Series Chrome 50,54,58
KBS.jpg
C taper Stiff
odyssey.jpg
XG Hot #5

Last edited:
that's a nice buy right there. When my swing was better I really liked these irons. And I would be bringing them with me.

Good luck and let us know how they work for you going forward.

I just bought these irons after seeing them on closeout slightly used at my local golf shop for $350!!! They come with KBS C-Taper Stiff shafts, which I've been playing in my wedges and I really like them. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out there and try them on the course. I've been looking at upgrading to a blade style for a couple years now, and these seem to get great reviews and recommended for players in my handicap range.

I'm taking a golf trip to Arizona this month but not sure I want to put them in the bag for fear that they could take some getting used to. What would you do? Leave em home and stick with my current irons? Play em?

Heck of a price for those irons with those shafts. If I just got something in the mail you can bet Id be taking them out for the next round no matter where it was!

Back