Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Reading up on these, it is hard not to notice how many DIFFERENT golfers have had positive experiences with them. Pretty much every person who gamed these enjoy them from low handicappers to mid to even a few closer to high. All have spoken volumes about how forgiving they are towards the toe. That is my miss so that is music to my ears.

Forgiving towards the toe is definitely a great thing, that's my typical miss as well.

Forgiving towards the toe is definitely a great thing, that's my typical miss as well.

According to just about EVERYONE in this thread, that miss is well covered.

I love the looks of the CBs and I'll be sure to hit everything Cleveland has before I make a decision, that's for sure!

Id be curious to see if its an option seeing it will be 3 years old around that time if I recall

Id be curious to see if its an option seeing it will be 3 years old around that time if I recall

Great point. It is officially a 2012 line I think.... which would make it 2 pushing 3

Great point. It is officially a 2012 line I think.... which would make it 2 pushing 3

Thats true, I believe it was late fall 2011 when I first hit it in ATL....so freaking soft at impact

Thats true, I believe it was late fall 2011 when I first hit it in ATL....so freaking soft at impact

Dude, I have yet to hit these.... If you can believe it. I hit Canadans tt's last year, but these have eluded me.

also, Alex did tweet us a while back saying that these would be an option. But as we know, things change.

According to just about EVERYONE in this thread, that miss is well covered.

For a players iron they are pretty good, but I've seen a pretty big difference compared to some others on the monitor this year. I think if it's a common place that you strike the ball there are definitely more forgiving options out there. The occasional miss with a normally good ballstriker is of course a different story though.

Ward!! We need to play soon so I can get my hands on those CB's of yours!

I have instructed Ward 2.0 to avoid assisting Big Time *

*alright not really

For a players iron they are pretty good, but I've seen a pretty big difference compared to some others on the monitor this year. I think if it's a common place that you strike the ball there are definitely more forgiving options out there. The occasional miss with a normally good ballstriker is of course a different story though.

Agreed. Thanks for repeating much of your feedback Hawk. I was reading this thread pretty extensively today and realized how much of what we are asking or mentioning you and others have already covered.

Agreed. Thanks for repeating much of your feedback Hawk. I was reading this thread pretty extensively today and realized how much of what we are asking or mentioning you and others have already covered.

Two years ago I didn't really do so much toe missing. Honestly, it was pure, heavy, or s*****. Hahaha. Quite a bit has changed since then though.

Two years ago I didn't really do so much toe missing. Honestly, it was pure, heavy, or s*****. Hahaha. Quite a bit has changed since then though.

Sweet. Now that you have new thoughts I don't feel as bad picking your brain :)

Never feel bad about that! Always here to help. I think these are really the logical choice for you dude, based on what you've said you were looking for. Maybe a TT/MT in the long irons if you need a little more give or launch, but these would probably treat you very nicely. You'll enjoy how they look at address too.

Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

That is the thing I can't get over- they are stunning. I've always been someone who needed to like looking down at what I am gaming. I love the looks of these.

That is the thing I can't get over- they are stunning. I've always been someone who needed to like looking down at what I am gaming. I love the looks of these.

Based on what you've played prior, I think a move to a full set of the TT's would be a very big adjustment for you. It may be something you don't mind in the long run, but there is definitely a big difference. Would be glad to take some pics if you'd like. I have both at home.

Based on what you've played prior, I think a move to a full set of the TT's would be a very big adjustment for you. It may be something you don't mind in the long run, but there is definitely a big difference. Would be glad to take some pics if you'd like. I have both at home.

That would be awesome. Thanks so much!

Here you go Tim. Sorry they are dirty. These are 8 irons.

CB on left.
qavetevu.jpg

CB on right
3u8u7aqe.jpg

CB on bottom
davanu3a.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics, Hawk! The TTs really don't have too much bigger of a head profile than the CBs from those angles.

Thanks for the comparison pics, Hawk! The TTs really don't have too much bigger of a head profile than the CBs from those angles.

Nope in person it's not bad at all, I haven't hit the cb in quite some time, might be time to try them out again

At address they aren't too different in the pics for sure. They are slimmer, and obviously the sole is quite different.

Got an Oakmont pass for Feb with your name on it..only admission is to bring a certain 3 Wood.

You will love these things when you hit them. May need to toy with the loft, but it fits your game IMO

I would venture to say that is because loft and ball flight between the CB and TT.

This has inspired me to take back the equal lofted 5 iron CB to test vs the 6 iron TT and see if that's all it is for me--just getting over the fact that it has another number stamped on it and play the distance it gives me.

Back