Course Reviews Coming Back to THP

A push for course reviews is a good idea. For the last couple years I have typed up my thoughts about all the courses that I've played and posted them and some pictures to a blog that I have. I joined here looking for reviews and thoughts on different courses but find myself not browsing around as much because most of the activity in this section is about the events. My $0.02 is that a sub folder for just courses would make for less stuff to weed through.

For a lot of reasons a sub folder will not be created but we think reviews will do just fine.

I am going to do a review on my home course next time I'm out as a single or stuck in some slow play. I've brought the camera the last few rounds out but either don't have time to stop and click or the weather is just awful and courses don't show very well when it's overcast with no real light shining down.

I really enjoyed doing thorough reviews and posting a bunch of pics with hole descriptions, will we still be allowed to do them like that as well? Or is that too much info?

I really enjoyed doing thorough reviews and posting a bunch of pics with hole descriptions, will we still be allowed to do them like that as well? Or is that too much info?
I enjoy the reviews with lots of pictures as well. The more the merrier I say!

Sure. I think you will really like what we have outlined

Cool, can't wait to see it dude.

Absolutely LOVE this idea!!! Brilliant to have a template to go off of and make them more uniform and easy to compare courses. I will be writing a few reviews This year for sure.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Love this idea, so excited for it! I love to travel and play all sorts of different course so I can't wait for this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is correct.

You are looking at the small picture and basing it on THPers that are active on the forum. If you take a look at the large amount of viewers, they are definitely not overlooked.

Let me use this example. Say you are looking to go to Boise Idaho and have time to play a round. You could google some course reviews and get generic stuff from places, or find a review on a place like THP with outlined form and great information on the reality of the course.

I will say from my own experience; before I joined THP, whenever I wanted to search for a review of anything golf-related, I always typed in "THP" along with the subject in google, because I had already come to trust & appreciate the THP reviews. I bet a lot of nonmembers are also doing this.

Anything that makes it easier to get info about a course - I'm for it!

…with hopes of the course reviews bringing those outside the forum in…

I know it will...along with all the other great stuff here!

This sounds like a great idea. I enjoy reading about and seeing your courses over there.

I do like reading the reviews that fellow members have put, but I like that there will be a format to follow. It isn't easy to snap a bunch of photos and keep pace sometimes, I hope this leads to more reviews of more courses. Especially "everyday" courses.

Sweet cant wait to see all of these.

I guess this means I'll have to go back to Waterway Hills and do a review, eh? Man, life is rough!

Ive played there once or twice, solid track.

you got quite a few amazing courses down in that area, certainly all review worthy!

If it is going to be for prizes, etc. can we make a few rules? Perhaps a word limit (500, perhaps) and a limit on the number of pics <=5, perhaps) for each review. It could bog down the thread if someone goes full overkill mode and posts 25 pics and a 2,000 word essay.

Just a suggestion. Oftentimes less is more.

If it is going to be for prizes, etc. can we make a few rules? Perhaps a word limit (500, perhaps) and a limit on the number of pics <=5, perhaps) for each review. It could bog down the thread if someone goes full overkill mode and posts 25 pics and a 2,000 word essay.

They have always been for prizes including last year.
I think it would be best to wait for the outline. A whole lot of info including an outline (as mentioned above) will be available.

I think the format being outlined (still to come) will cover those details.

you got quite a few amazing courses down in that area, certainly all review worthy!
Which means plenty of reasons to go golfing! I see it as my duty, as a THPer, to ensure that other THPers have an adequate review on hand prior to their booking trips to golf at MB.

Great news! I look forward to reading and contributing!!

Wooooo Hooo can't wait , and looking forward to showing off the courses here in Sonoma County hopefully it will entice some fellow THPers to come out and play!

Last edited:
Full details coming up on this one very soon including the outline info that can be used for your reviews.

I'm pretty excited about this, can't wait to get back on the course and hopefully submit some reviews.

Back