New video game "The Golf Club"

I wonder what kind of pc will be needed for this game

These screen shots are looking absolutely incredible.

Fall20.jpg
Fall22.jpg

Not bad. But that guy in the second picture is a little laid off and his elbow is a bit too much bent. Oh that's just an animation? Haha. Game looks pretty awesome.

I wonder what kind of pc will be needed for this game

The specs aren't too bad. In the closed beta application they had required specs and my laptop met those requirements.

If a laptop can run it, ill be all right

If I do I will absolutely be posting anything I can here in this thread.

The course creator is fascinating to me

I tried to get into that beta as well, but was not selected for the current round. They've been posting updates, tutorials and information about the game almost daily now for the past week or so, and it has been fantastic. I'm kind of a gamer, there are some good games coming out this spring, but this one may be one of my most anticipated (even over the blockbuster hit Titanfall).

They've shown a little on building courses from scratch. It appears that courses made on one device will be playable on any other platform. They have hinted that cross-platform play will be allowed for Xbox & PC, and PlayStation & PC, but probably not between Xbox and Playstation. They just recently posted about creating tours and tournaments, which, if I read correctly, a tournament can be multiple courses, its only a tournament because people only get to play (and post their score) once.

Assuming solid game play, this is going to be a must have game for me.

Anyways, I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be pretty cool to 'create' our real life home course and create a THP tour. What do you guys think?

~Rock

I tried to get into that beta as well, but was not selected for the current round. They've been posting updates, tutorials and information about the game almost daily now for the past week or so, and it has been fantastic. I'm kind of a gamer, there are some good games coming out this spring, but this one may be one of my most anticipated (even over the blockbuster hit Titanfall).

They've shown a little on building courses from scratch. It appears that courses made on one device will be playable on any other platform. They have hinted that cross-platform play will be allowed for Xbox & PC, and PlayStation & PC, but probably not between Xbox and Playstation. They just recently posted about creating tours and tournaments, which, if I read correctly, a tournament can be multiple courses, its only a tournament because people only get to play (and post their score) once.

Assuming solid game play, this is going to be a must have game for me.

Anyways, I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be pretty cool to 'create' our real life home course and create a THP tour. What do you guys think?

~Rock

Or creat your fantasy golf course and play it (since we play our home courses all the time). But I agree, this is a must have game.

I didnt get picked for the beta either...

Regardless, this game is going to be awesome

See, I could whip up my home course on the course creator in about one night. It's a 9 hole 2300 yard par 31 course that is primarily flat. A fantasy course, that would take me some time. A fantasy course deserves perfection in creating it. And this is why I wish I'd gotten into the beta. I want to play with that course creator so that I can see what it is truly capable of, and then start designing a course.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait like most other people. Either way, pretty sure THP will need its own group for it.

~Rock

here is some video from the closed beta. The game obviously is a few months from release so it needs to be polished, but seems like the overall structure is pretty solid.

New video game "The Golf Club"

I'm very excited to see a new golf game being developed, but based on the videos and articles I've seen, I would be surprised if we would see this game to be released in 2014.

I sure hope I'm wrong. :)

I'm very excited to see a new golf game being developed, but based on the videos and articles I've seen, I would be surprised if we would see this game to be released in 2014.

I sure hope I'm wrong. :)

Release date is spring 2014

This looks pretty cool. I like the course design feature, that would be fun.

I would think that the release date will be pushed until sometime in the fall at the earliest. I hope I am wrong though.

I really want this. I keep watching the course creator videos.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I will recreate the Clive, you recreate the Dye.

If you design the Clive for this game, Clive75 will be buying a PS4 just so he can walk people shot by shot through his round on the real course! :)

I'm interested. If game play is more simulation like the old LinksLS system I'll be in.

FYI - They announced on Twitter this morning that Early Access for the PC version is now available through Steam. You buy the game at this point and get to play and will get automatically upgraded to the full version when it is ready. Can't get there from work, so I don't know what the pricing is.

Edit - Check that, looks like the pricing through Steam is normally $34.99, but is 15% off through the 24th to be $29.74. Console versions are not available yet.

I'll definitely check that out!

I am debating on getting this for my PC as well as PS4

Not sure if my laptop would run this, pretty sure it'll be just PS4 for me. I can't wait for this thing to come out.

FYI - They announced on Twitter this morning that Early Access for the PC version is now available through Steam. You buy the game at this point and get to play and will get automatically upgraded to the full version when it is ready. Can't get there from work, so I don't know what the pricing is.

Edit - Check that, looks like the pricing through Steam is normally $34.99, but is 15% off through the 24th to be $29.74. Console versions are not available yet.
ARGH I might have to build up another PC with all the damn parts I have lying about just to get this game at that price. I am SO looking forward to the course design.

I saw it on the front page of steam today. It is very tempting to purchase

Edit: Its not tempting anymore. Downloading it now.

I saw it on the front page of steam today. It is very tempting to purchase

Edit: Its not tempting anymore. Downloading it now.
Post up your thoughts, dude!

Back