Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Some indoor sim action with these tomorrow but I have to take what I can get. Still pondering a shaft change to something more high launching and light weight, but we will see what comes of that. I really think with the different shaft these could easily be long term gamers for me.

Recoils... might be the ticket. Have you had a chance to hit a demo with recoil in it?

Some indoor sim action with these tomorrow but I have to take what I can get. Still pondering a shaft change to something more high launching and light weight, but we will see what comes of that. I really think with the different shaft these could easily be long term gamers for me.

I am telling you dude...do youself a favor and hit the Recoil 680 F4...I have a been a KSBT guy for years and this shaft is amazing...I get all the same benefits of the KBST (ball flight, launch, spin, etc..) but with a lot less effort and the combo of the Apex head with the recoil feels like butter...no lie!

Recoils... might be the ticket. Have you had a chance to hit a demo with recoil in it?

Not yet, havent been out to the stores lately to try anything out....yet

I've got the PXis and love them, but have been pondering C-Taper Lites. I was going to head over to GG today and do some testing. It'll be a while before I would buy them though. I just bought the MXM #7.

Last night was my first league action with these in 3 weeks. I was giving the TMaG MCs out and didn't like them. My scores went up as I wasn't able to get a feel for them. Last night, with the Apex I shot 31 at Barton Creek (back) and 34 at Kapalua (front). First time I've ever put under par scores together in back to back matches. I was smoking these clubs last night. I stopped taking driver off of the tee because I was hitting the 3i 235 right down the middle. I want my Apex irons to know that I will never cheat on them with another set of clubs until I'm contractually obligated to do so by my MC sponsor, Cobra (still love the Bio Cell +).

I've got the PXis and love them, but have been pondering C-Taper Lites. I was going to head over to GG today and do some testing. It'll be a while before I would buy them though. I just bought the MXM #7.

Last night was my first league action with these in 3 weeks. I was giving the TMaG MCs out and didn't like them. My scores went up as I wasn't able to get a feel for them. Last night, with the Apex I shot 31 at Barton Creek (back) and 34 at Kapalua (front). First time I've ever put under par scores together in back to back matches. I was smoking these clubs last night. I stopped taking driver off of the tee because I was hitting the 3i 235 right down the middle. I want my Apex irons to know that I will never cheat on them with another set of clubs until I'm contractually obligated to do so by my MC sponsor, Cobra (still love the Bio Cell +).

Have you tried the TM CB's? Might be a little more in your wheelhouse compared to the MC's.

I plan on doing some in depth comparisons between the Apex and the CB's once the weather turns

Have you tried the TM CB's? Might be a little more in your wheelhouse compared to the MC's.

I plan on doing some in depth comparisons between the Apex and the CB's once the weather turns

I'm honestly not going to even bother. I know I'll hit the CBs and want to take them home with me, and then end up wishing that I had my Apex back because they were awesome. My instructor has also said my Apex irons need to be the last set I buy for a few years. I've been club hoin' around for too long. The Apex have made an honest man out of me.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. As of right now it's down to these 2 sets for me but won't be making a decision until the weather gets better and I can hit both outdoors at some demo days.

I was at a golf show yesterday and pretty much hit every new iron offering. The Apex felt the best. It had so much more pop at impact and launched the highest. As someone who has been demoing irons several times a week over the last month, these are pretty special. I went with the set I was fit into, but those will be on a short leash knowing these are out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was at a golf show yesterday and pretty much hit every new iron offering. The Apex felt the best. It had so much more pop at impact and launched the highest. As someone who has been demoing irons several times a week over the last month, these are pretty special. I went with the set I was fit into, but those will be on a short leash knowing these are out there.

More pop and launch than the SpeedBlades?

I haven't hit the Apex outside yet, but I like the turf interaction and the weight of the Apex more. Hitting both of them side by side, and it's real close, but right now, I'm seeing better numbers with the Apex. I attribute it to the weight, as I switched to graphites in the SpeedBlades.

I haven't hit the Apex outside yet, but I like the turf interaction and the weight of the Apex more. Hitting both of them side by side, and it's real close, but right now, I'm seeing better numbers with the Apex. I attribute it to the weight, as I switched to graphites in the SpeedBlades.

Good stuff. Thanks Chris.

I searching the net for days for a set of lh Apex irons that were in stock and I could get before my trip to Vegas.... well I landed a set of 5-pw,aw with r flex recoil shafts . I was going to go steel this year , after the last few years of playing graphite . After reading all the positive reviews on the recoils I decided to go all in on Apex with recoils for the extra cash, pretty stoked about landing
these.
gb

I hit these every time I go into Golfsmith...and I love them every time. Best looking and feeling iron I've ever hit, and oh yeah, long too. I so hope these are one of the Callaway options for the Morgan Cup.

I hit these every time I go into Golfsmith...and I love them every time. Best looking and feeling iron I've ever hit, and oh yeah, long too. I so hope these are one of the Callaway options for the Morgan Cup.

They are options. ..I love the feel even off of mats...so flush and solid feeling

These are firmly back in the bag, and will be on the course bright and early for a 7am tee time tomorrow. Excited to put these back in play.

I want these.

Nay.

I need these.

Yes you do James. I've been dry swinging them all day in my apartment. They are beautiful

Oh and I have a man crush on the aw. So easy and effort less, liking it enough that I parted aways with my j40 50*.

I NEED…to stay out of this thread.

I want these.

Nay.

I need these.
I am glad I have them. Going to be tough to get them out of my bag as well.
Oh and I have a man crush on the aw. So easy and effort less, liking it enough that I parted aways with my j40 50*.
Even at the TM testing, I left the Apex AW in my bag in place of my regular 50*

I have a feeling they may in the bags of a lot of the Callaway staffers for the MC.

I hit some long, straight, and high shots with my long and mid irons today. These irons are long and forgiving.

I NEED…to stay out of this thread.

I keep saying that. But, here I am. I'm pretty sure I'll be in these for the Morgan Cup. CPC fitting could surprise me, but, I don't think so.

You need to give in. :alien:

I made the same switch you're contemplating.
Yup. I've only swung them once--on purpose--but it sounds like these are better for everyone who had tried them both.

Yup. I've only swung them once--on purpose--but it sounds like these are better for everyone who had tried them both.

Paired with the right shaft, incredible.

Back