2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

Huge difference between the men's and women's half pipe. The girls barely reach the top.

I noticed that as well. Plus the girls make like 6-8 hits when the guys do 4 and maybe 5. Tricks are pretty pedestrian as well.

Pretty sure my 3 year said she could do what the girls are doing.

The one thing I noticed is that the men list height and weight. Women just height. I found that amusing for some reason.

Her face?

Eve is actually quite pretty when she doesn't have the weird split hair dye thing going on.

images

Eve is actually quite pretty when she doesn't have the weird split hair dye thing going on.

images

Wasn't he in Robocop?

That's not even fair.

Did I stumble into the wrong thread?

Question for my Canadian friends. Is curling popular year round there? Or like the US, is it only spoken about even remotely once every four years?

Question for my Canadian friends. Is curling popular year round there? Or like the US, is it only spoken about even remotely once every four years?

It's popular in the fall/winter. There are a couple major tournaments across the nation throughout the year that attract a lot of tv coverage.

Did I stumble into the wrong thread?

Haha my thoughts exactly.

I turned on the Olympics for the 4th tonight just now...The first time it wasn't a commercial

We actually have a curling club here. They have events all year long and are trying to get the national championship here. Don't ask me what league because I told you all I know. Haha

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

The bar is set pretty high for me, since I married way above my class.

I think most of us can say we out kicked our coverage when it comes to the ones we married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy interview Davis, too bad

We actually have a curling club here. They have events all year long and are trying to get the national championship here. Don't ask me what league because I told you all I know. Haha
We have a curling club here as well. I would of never guessed

Ever tried playing it? Lot harder than it looks. Haha

Incredibly tough to judge speed. Almost like shuffleboard but on ice. Really a cool sport.

It doesn't take the olympics for it to be on television, but it's definitely not as mainstream as the more common sports are.

Lots of memories of hanging out with the grandparents watching curling as a kid.

It doesn't take the olympics for it to be on television, but it's definitely not as mainstream as the more common sports are.

Lots of memories of hanging out with the grandparents watching curling as a kid.

I actually find curling to be quite enjoyable to watch. It's like giant shuffle board, what's not to love?

I actually find curling to be quite enjoyable to watch. It's like giant shuffle board, what's not to love?

The screaming!

It's kinda like a train wreck, in a good way. You just can't turn it off!

Turn the volume down?

The yelling might be the best part... HURRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I love the yelling. Makes me chuckle because how many of us golfers do the same thing to our golf balls?

Back