Walking or Riding - Does it affect your score?

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just like the title states I am curious if you guys think that your performance on the course is affected by whether you walk or ride a power cart. I believe that I play better when I'm walking the course but I really have no data to back that up.

As for me, I am a bit nervous to be riding at #TheKing as I haven't ridden since last summer, and even then it was just 3 times during one week out of town. Am I simply over-thinking it or is this something that I should "practice" prior to an important event?

What say you?

First... I never walk.

Second, and this may be weird, but I play MUCH better when I ride (read; not drive the cart). I suck at driving golf carts, and when I drive my score suffers. Sounds odd, but it does.

First... I never walk.

Second, and this may be weird, but I play MUCH better when I ride (read; not drive the cart). I suck at driving golf carts, and when I drive my score suffers. Sounds odd, but it does.

Then why did you drive when we played in Orlando? Lol.

I think I do play better when I walk or use a push cart. More time to think about my shot and figure out my next shot. In the cart it feels like its a race and you get distracted.

Then why did you drive when we played in Orlando? Lol.
Wasnt my choice.

And, I believe I gave a "I suck at driving" disclaimer before we started?

First... I never walk.

Have to drive. I don't mind walking. I'm not on tour, so no way in hell am I walking 18.

Also. I'm sorry.

I'm a few strokes better when I ride...perhaps a coincidence

I think if I'm just playing for practice, I do better when riding. But when I really want to score well, walking is much better for me.

All my best rounds are when I walk. I feel like I get into a better groove when I walk. Plus, I hate playing "cart golf." I way too often find myself in parts of the course where I can't bring the cart then wind up guessing what clubs to bring, usually bring the wrong clubs then need to decide if I want to run back to the cart or just hit with the wrong club. Either option throws me off. I like walkign up to my ball with my entire bag, I don't feel rushed and I enjoy my rounds more.

My scores have improved a little the more I walk. Plus, the ol belt is getting a little looser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always ride.

Wasnt my choice.

And, I believe I gave a "I suck at driving" disclaimer before we started?

I would never say something that like haha. I like to ride but not drive. Except when playing with War Eagle.

ArmyGolf, you'll be good dude. I don't think it should have an effect on your scores. You can always walk from your second shot to the green or something.

Have to drive. I don't mind walking. I'm not on tour, so no way in hell am I walking 18.

Also. I'm sorry.
You were forced to ride with me, as well.

Sorry.

Army, yes you are over thinking this . Riding should not affect your game. If you're still worried, let your cart buddy drive. That way, you can exit the cart in the fairway and walk to your ball. I do that frequently just because I want the exercise.

My home course is "cart paths only". It's a mountain course and not conducive to walking. So, I don't get to walk often. The most enjoyable way to play is to walk with a caddy. Few courses offer that option any more. I miss it.

You were forced to ride with me, as well.

Sorry.

Was that how it went? We were assigned? Either way, I drank a lukewarm lemon Gatorade and rum for a few holes. I wish I could blame you for that.

Due to my recent surgery the Doctor made the decision for me....HOWEVER...I will be and do prefer to walk, Other than the exercise I cant squat down like i used to so when i'm walking up toward the green it helps me get a better idea of the slopes, Also if i have hit a bad shot Driving up to a ball has not given me time to cool off so walking helps there as well

Already coming up with excuses? :D I don't think it makes a difference for me. I enjoy walking more though because I feel like I get to enjoy my time on the course more.

I can play the same walking or riding. Walking does give me time to think about my shots and riding gives me a chance to drink and chat. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I prefer to walk, but if I have to ride, I prefer to drive...and none of this affects my score.

I usually walk, but I haven't noticed one or the other affecting my score. I will say that early in the season, I notice fatigue setting in the last few holes when I walk 18 at my course, which is pretty hilly. Riding on a course that's CPO probably does affect my score. I hate it.

never ride, and when I do, it throws me off balance and I struggle

On average I score better walking. #1 reason is I have my clubs with me so I don't hit shots with the wrong club just because I'm too lazy to go get the right club.

I tend to shoot better when I walk. Could be a mental thing, but it is what it is.

Just started to walk last month when I got my push cart so I don't have a good comparison yet. I do feel less distracted when I walk however, because I'm not with someone else and talking to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walking messes with my but only because I'm out of shape. I'm working on it, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes.

Back