If you could work with a tour swing coach who would it be?

Foley would probably be my choice as a lot of my current swing are centered around the work he's done with Hunter.

Chris O'Connell is a good one, Butch is another and Foley.

Another I'll throw out, although I have no idea if they still teach or are even alive, but Manuel de la Torre and Ernest Jones. I'm a big fan of their teaching.

Taps away

2 guys: Harmon and Foley. Harmon because I like his philosophy of making tweaks to a swing instead of doing overhauls and focusing on what a guy does well, and Foley for his approach to the modern golf swing.

I'm going to have to go with Butch. I'm not really sure why but I feel he would work with what I have or if I wanted to change it he could redo my entire swing.

Stan Utley or Jim Flick.

As much as I watch him on television and online, I'd have to go with Michael Breed.

Let's do this!

Butch. I don't keep up with too many coaches, though. I believe Butch works with your natural swing and makes minor changes vs complete overhauls so that's why I'd go with him.

Pat O'Brien

Butch and pelz combo deal

Haney, I love his style and thoughts

Butch...but it has very little to do with the golf swing. I just think our personalities would mesh well.

Breed or Haney would be my choices, off the top of my head.

I'm going with Michael Breed. I like that he has the ability to explain things in different ways and at different skill levels.

I'd probably just frustrate Butch, who was the other name that came to mind.

Yea, this will be boring, but it's either Butch Harmon or Hank Haney. Butch, because it seems he likes to make people's swings work for them, rather than rebuilding their swings. Hank, because there's something about his personality and teaching style that I think would aggravate me enough to make me work harder, but then we could have a drink at the end of the day.

~Rock

Yea, this will be boring, but it's either Butch Harmon or Hank Haney. Butch, because it seems he likes to make people's swings work for them, rather than rebuilding their swings. Hank, because there's something about his personality and teaching style that I think would aggravate me enough to make me work harder, but then we could have a drink at the end of the day.

~Rock

I think your last part actually speaks volumes. You need to have similar personalities I feel.

No sure who I would go with, but Butch Harmon or Todd Anderson. Claud Harmon III would also be in that race.

In the Non-tour coach category: Martin Chuck or Andrew Rice.

Any of the Harmon's or Cook because I like Dufner's swing or Couples coach.

After watching an interview with Foley by Charlie Rose I couldn't work with him.

Great topic!!

I would have to say Brad Malone. I just love Scott's natural swing and its something I've really be working towards; swinging my natural swing.

I would go with Zach Johnson's guy - Mike Bender

It's funny how when I was learning to play golf David Leadbetter was the man, now he seems to hardly get a mention. To answer the original question, I'd plump for Butch I think.

Add me to the Pat O'Brien list!

As much as I watch him on television and online, I'd have to go with Michael Breed.

Let's do this!

I love Michael Breed, he gets my vote too!

Back