Ping i25 Irons - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

PING_i25_iron-S.jpg

The Equipment
Last year the THP i20 iron testing was extremely well done and we are looking forward to seeing how it goes with the i25 irons. The early buzz is tremendous and your reviews will be very much appreciated.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf.
4 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with THP Staff Writer Jman.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the equipment out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the club thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What irons are you currently playing?
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)?
3. LH or RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now?
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
GolferBest
ChristopherKee
Troyefl
C0ncept

You 4 will join Jman in the review thread for this new set of irons. THPers and guests will be looking to you for honest feedback as you test them out. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you THP and Ping for the awesome opportunity. I would absolutely love to test these but in light of the fact that I am receiving another set of irons courtesy of THP, I want someone else to give these a go. Based on the outpouring of love for the i20's I cant wait to read the feedback on these.

Awesome opportunity for what will surely be a great testing.

would love to test but probably a couple more weeks until i can start hitting balls, and think my next set is probably going to be graphite. THP are Ping are awesome for putting up this opportunity for the members.

I love THP!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-AW standard L/L/L with stock reg shaft
3. LH or RH LH!
4. Are you able to play golf right now? golf season is starting next week!
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have honestly never tried any Ping clubs, golf stores around here do not carry them in LH so I cant really try them. This set has me intrigued though.

1. What irons are you currently playing?--Callaway Apex Irons
2. What makeup is your iron set- 4-AW
3. LH or RH---RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now?--On a course no, but I have access to Indoor ranges, heated outdoor ranges, golf sims and will be traveling south for rounds in the next 3 weeks.
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts?--No I have not at this time.

Awesome testing opportunity. Thank you Ping and THP for allowing THPers to partake.

Thank you THP this a great opportunity, unfortunately I will not have the time to properly test them

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot Pro
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-Pw
3. LH or RH Right Handed
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Yes
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested them.

Thanks

1. What irons are you currently playing? TaylorMade SpeedBlades

2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4 - AW
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Yes
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have yet to swing the i25 irons.

Thanks THP and Ping for providing a great test opportunity!!!

When will the drawing for this be? I am wondering because I live in Chicago, so I unfortunately won't be able to golf for a little bit still.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1. What irons are you currently playing? TaylorMade Tour Preferred CBs
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-AW
3. LH or RH - RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? - Yes!
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I haven't tested them but I really, really liked the i20s when I hit them. I can imagine the i25s are even better! I loved the turf interaction.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot Pros
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-PW
3. LH or RH. RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Yes, 4-5 rounds a week
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Have not tested the I25

Thanks for the opp.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Nike VR Pro Combo CBs
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4, 5 in pocket cavity and 6-PW in straight cavity, all with KBS Tour stiff shafts
3. LH or RH RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now Not outdoors, but I am able to hit at indoor range and in simulator
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Have not, would the chance to do so

1. What irons are you currently playing? Tommy Armour 845s

2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? Im playing 5-PW with that set

3. LH or RH? RH

4. Are you able to play golf right now? As of today, No, but I play in all weather as long as there is no full snow cover. Currently there is, but I have a winter pass at one course and will play a yellow ball even in patchy snow. Must be only a week or two until I can get some patchy golf back in my life

5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested these irons yet, but most likely will based on the excitement on the forum already.

Thank you THP and Ping. This is an incredible opportunity for an incredible community.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Another great opportunity for 4 lucky THPers thanks to THP and Ping!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Titleist 712 AP1
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 3 - PW
3. LH or RH - LH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? - Simulator, indoor and outdoor covered range until the snow melts
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not had the opportunity to test the i25 irons at this time

thanks for the chance to test

1. What irons are you currently playing?--Adams Pro Gold irons
2. What makeup is your iron set- 5-PW 3-4 hybrid sometimes sub a 4 iron for hybrid
3. LH or RH-RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now?--On a course not yet but soon, i go weekly to an Indoor range, and i am not scared of the cold heated outdoor ranges will be open March 1st
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts?--Nope i have never hit a ping club ever...i know its sad

The i20 testing is what drew me to my set, this will be an awesome one.
Currently playing i20s with CFS stiff shafts
5-UW
RH
Absolutely now that the weather is improving.
I've only taken a couple swings with an i25 8 iron, so not much to say there right now.

would love to test but probably a couple more weeks until i can start hitting balls, and think my next set is probably going to be graphite. THP are Ping are awesome for putting up this opportunity for the members.

Fire away anyway. Graphite could very well be an option and we wont announce testers for a little bit, and then shipping time. Ya never know.

When will the drawing for this be? I am wondering because I live in Chicago, so I unfortunately won't be able to golf for a little bit still.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We will announce testers in about 5-6 days.

Thank you THP & Ping. Awesome opportunity to test a great looking iron.

1. What irons are you currently playing?
Taylormade TP CB/MC

2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)?
5-7 CB & 8-PW MC

3. LH or RH
RH

4. Are you able to play golf right now?
Absoutely, I live in FL

5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts?
Not Yet, these look great and would like to try them out.

1. What irons are you currently playing? TaylorMade Burner 2.0 HP
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-AW
3. LH or RH? RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Not on a course quite yet, but I have a driving range with 2-tier heated bays close to me. And temps are on the rise!
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested the i25's yet.

Thanks to THP and Ping for this testing!

Last edited:
1. What irons are you currently playing? Nike VR S Forged
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-pw
3. LH or RH: RH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Yes-able to test with a Trackman
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Have not tested them.

Thank you.

What a great opportunity from THP and Ping!!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Rocketbladez
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 5-PW
3. LH or RH: LH
4. Are you able to play golf right now? It will be a few of weeks for outside golf. I have access to simulators and outside heated range
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested the i25's

Aweseome chance to test some exciting clubs. Thanks THP and Ping.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Apex Pro and S56
2. What makeup is your iron set (3-pw, 4-pw, etc)? 4-PW and 5-PW
3. LH or RH? Right Handed
4. Are you able to play golf right now? Yes. Our weather finally calmed down over the last couple of weeks.
5. Have you tested the i25 irons yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Not had the change to test these.

Being a Ping homer I have to try to get in on the testing.
I'm currently playing Ping G10's silver dot, 4-AW regular flex, right handed.
While I can't play golf on the course right now, I have been in the simulators regularly.
My current irons are 1" longer then standard, and I have tested the I25's in a standard length, but a stiff shaft. I feel I hit them pretty well, considering being off spec. Longer than my current clubs and just as straight.
Of course that was indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back