Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

Really curious to hear your thoughts on the CB's with the SteelFibers. I don't see anyway the SteelFibers aren't in my irons, just a matter of which irons now. For me, the i95's are right in the sweet spot in terms of weight and love the way the feel and perform.

I will get my first chance to swing them tomorrow. The course will no doubt be a little sloppy. But, I'm not so much interested in the score as I am in how this set feels and performs. I am very excited and eager, to say the least. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow night.

I played my first round with them today. The course was a wet mess and the 3 weeks of being laid up without swinging a golf club formed a perfect combination for a worse than normal ball striking day, but the shafts felt really good and my wrist does not hurt like it normally does and is not swollen at all.

I am going to get on the range tomorrow and try to work out the rust and get something that resembles a swing back, but I absolutely live the feel of these.

Subscribing and joining the fun. I was fitted yesterday at club champion and the i110's fit me like a glove. Same great feel I had in the kbs tour but lower ball flight, more speed, more distance. When combined in the 588 TT heads I'm getting 15 yards more carry and very good dispersion. I can't wait to get these in my hands. I'm going reg flex in mine. More of a tempo guy. Driver ss in the 95 range. I have more of a smooth transition accelerating to impact, not too quick anywhere so the regulars felt perfect. Smooth like butter. I couldn't believe the numbers I was getting. These could be game changers for me.

As soon as I get them I'll post more. Hope to get a round and some range time on the first week of March and then it is up to hilton head for the invitational and two rounds up there. They won't be eased in, that's for sure.

What got me was that I was trying so many shafts in the fitting I didn't even realize that I was hitting a "graphite" shaft until after the first couple of swings and I looked down and asked about them. I knew very little about these before yesterday but am now ridiculously excited.

Subscribing and joining the fun. I was fitted yesterday at club champion and the i110's fit me like a glove. Same great feel I had in the kbs tour but lower ball flight, more speed, more distance. When combined in the 588 TT heads I'm getting 15 yards more carry and very good dispersion. I can't wait to get these in my hands. I'm going reg flex in mine. More of a tempo guy. Driver ss in the 95 range. I have more of a smooth transition accelerating to impact, not too quick anywhere so the regulars felt perfect. Smooth like butter. I couldn't believe the numbers I was getting. These could be game changers for me.

As soon as I get them I'll post more. Hope to get a round and some range time on the first week of March and then it is up to hilton head for the invitational and two rounds up there. They won't be eased in, that's for sure.

What got me was that I was trying so many shafts in the fitting I didn't even realize that I was hitting a "graphite" shaft until after the first couple of swings and I looked down and asked about them. I knew very little about these before yesterday but am now ridiculously excited.

I had the i95s in the tt heads...glad you like the combo I hated it.

Good call on the reg flex as they play pretty stiff.

I had the i95s in the tt heads...glad you like the combo I hated it.

Good call on the reg flex as they play pretty stiff.

The i95s would be too light in that combo for me.

They do play stout for the listed flex. The reg is plenty to keep me smooth but bring the flight down and keep a tight dispersion. My GIR % should see a noticeable increase with these in the bag.

The i95s would be too light in that combo for me.

They do play stout for the listed flex. The reg is plenty to keep me smooth but bring the flight down and keep a tight dispersion. My GIR % should see a noticeable increase with these in the bag.

Love that you got fitted for these. Did you get to swing the 95 and compare to the 110? I know you mentioned the weight being too light but did you see that translate in to much different performance? Can't wait for you to get them in to hear more.

I posted my thoughts after my first round with my Tour Preferred CB irons fitted with Aerotech i95R shafts in the CB Testing thread, but forgot to comment in here. You can see my review immediately following that round in the other thread here:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...e-Tour-Preferred-CB-Iron-Review-Thread/page62

I'll share some of my shaft-specific comments following that first round. First, the decision to move from the stock 120g shafts to these i95s was certainly the correct one. The lighter shaft has enabled me to feel the position of the club head during the swing quite a bit better. It has been mentioned in here that the i95 regular shaft plays a little "stiff". I did not sense that. I'm not sure if that is because I was coming from Project X graphite shafts in my previous set or what. Neither did the shafts feel soft. I would characterize the feel as "stout"--a very solid feeling with these. Dispersion with these shafts in the CBs was every bit as good as with the heavier KBS Tours. My playing partners commented several times about how straight at the pin I was hitting (nice to hear). The bigger question in my mind going into the round, and one of the issues of interest in the CB Testing thread, was would I gain back the distance I was losing with the heavier shafted clubs. I was a full club shorter with the stock Tour shaft. The answer was a very satisfying YES! This combination, along with 1* stronger lofts and 1/2 inch longer shafts (essentially matching the length and loft of my previous irons), fits my swing very, very nicely. I was hitting my "normal" club for every distance all day, and I was pretty much spot on. It's only been one round, but I am very encouraged, and I hit them very well considering no range time and not even a warm up (range closed) prior to the round.

Love that you got fitted for these. Did you get to swing the 95 and compare to the 110? I know you mentioned the weight being too light but did you see that translate in to much different performance? Can't wait for you to get them in to hear more.

I did not hit the i95. We did try a different lighter shaft but quickly moved back up in weight and then hit on the i110. All of my numbers were great with the i110s. I need a little weight in my shafts. My woods are 66g+. Too light and I start spraying shots.

Excellent thread. I just got fitted for APEX irons with the i110 shafts. I will post my results after I get some dome/range sessions.

Have any of you also used the shaft for your wedges?

I had the aerotech shaft in my 52* J40 bent to 50*...went with the spinners in my 54/58*....if I had it to do again I would go Aerotech's all the way through....I love that gap wedge and I am very accurate with it and generate plenty of spin.

So I just got mine in the mail like 10 minutes ago and I'm perplexed. Each shaft is labeled and the tips look to be pre prepped. What's getting me is that the aerotech shafts are longer than the S300's I have. The aerotech shafts have a label on each one depicting which club is which. So my question is do I leave them or butt trim to the S300 length?

sahuresa.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Are they new? If so, butt trim them to your desired length most likely. Go to their website to be sure, since they almost always give trimming instructions.

Okay, so now I'm having an issue getting the ferrule on far enough. What size inner diameter would I need for a .355 taper tip?

Okay, so now I'm having an issue getting the ferrule on far enough. What size inner diameter would I need for a .355 taper tip?

Usually .360... Maybe your ferrules are for .335 driver shafts? I've had ferrules be too big and slide up too far, but never not on far enough.

Steelfiber vs matrix program 95

Steelfiber vs matrix program 95

Has anyone compared these to the matrix program 95 shafts? With regard to ball flight, true to flex, feel and forgiveness?

I have the i125 versions in my Cleveland CG 15 54* & 58* wedges and LOVE the feel I have with these. Seem to add a bit of spin too!

First round out with the new irons yesterday. Will take some time to fully adjust coming from a set of R9 TPs with KBS Tour Regs. The i110s are noticably lighter and I have new heads (Cleveland 588 TT). So it's a big adjustment.

That said, if I didn't know any better, I'd think I had just moved to a slightly lighter KBS steel shaft. Feel is extremely similar at impact. Flex feels like steel. Ball flight is lower than the KBS Tours were for me and I have better dispersion. On one par 3 I hit a 9 iron, dead at my target, only to have it drop short of the green. Still learning my exact yardages, I teed another ball, hit the same exact shot - the balls were literally within a couple of yards of each other from 140 yards. Teed another and hit an 8 iron instead - same exact line, this time carried onto the green. Three straight shots in the exact same spot in same conditions. I don't think I would have gotten that out of the KBS Tours.

While I was able to hit one or two intentional draws or fades, for the most part I feel like I can just pick a line and hit a straight ball right where I want it and trust that the shaft will do the work and it will go where I want it to go. Can't wait to get more time in this weekend.

Major thread skim alert!!

I've got i95s in my AP1 714 irons and I'm seriously considering putting Steelfibers into my new wedges this year. Should I stick with the i95 or go up to the i110s? Sadly there is no wedge "fitting" head that I've ever seen so I can try out the different shafts.

Major thread skim alert!!

I've got i95s in my AP1 714 irons and I'm seriously considering putting Steelfibers into my new wedges this year. Should I stick with the i95 or go up to the i110s? Sadly there is no wedge "fitting" head that I've ever seen so I can try out the different shafts.

When I did my fitting Club Champion recommended going up one weight for the wedges - so for me I'd go from i110s in my irons to i125s in the wedges. Just my experience.

After four full rounds now, I am completely onboard. Realized after about three holes yesterday that I was just over swinging and started putting a shorter, smoother swing on it and just started hitting lasers at the stick. Beautiful trajectory, cut through the wind like nothing. I had one balloon with an 8 iron, but I got a little steep on it and hit it too high, but everything else held well.

Just ordered new irons and the SteelFiber i95's will be in them. I'll be playing the TM Speedblades 5-8 and TM CB's 9-AW. Ordered the CB's off TaylorMade's website and one of the custom options is the SteelFiber's. Ordered 4 SteelFiber i95's to put in the Speedblades. Can't wait to get them out on the course.

Just ordered new irons and the SteelFiber i95's will be in them. I'll be playing the TM Speedblades 5-8 and TM CB's 9-AW. Ordered the CB's off TaylorMade's website and one of the custom options is the SteelFiber's. Ordered 4 SteelFiber i95's to put in the Speedblades. Can't wait to get them out on the course.

You go i95r?

You go i95r?

i95 Stiff. I'm right at the lower end of the stiff but from my demo experiences last year with the stiff in my R11 irons I found it to play true to flex and was the best fit for me. I know a lot of people have found them to play a little bit on the stiff side but that wasn't my experience.

i95 Stiff. I'm right at the lower end of the stiff but from my demo experiences last year with the stiff in my R11 irons I found it to play true to flex and was the best fit for me. I know a lot of people have found them to play a little bit on the stiff side but that wasn't my experience.

Yeah even aerotechs site mentions them playing stiffer than their most

Yeah even aerotechs site mentions them playing stiffer than their most

I got a chance to hit the 110's and probably would of gone regular or soft-stepped stiff. However, for the i95's I found stiff to work for me.

I have the 80s and only have 1 round under my belt with them and so far I like them but am excited to see how they are after a few more rounds

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I should add I started playing the Steelfiber 1/2 inch long (after realizing stock length wasn't working). So I guess technically they do play soft-stepped which could contribute to them working for me.

Back