The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have one of those nights at the range where you should really have just stopped after 50 balls?

That was me tonight.

First 50 shots were glorious. Next 50 were laughable and my confidence is a bit shaken.

usually when this happens I practice shaping shots. This way I have an excuse for things not going well ;-)

I think I found the worst mat at the range tonight....which probably explained why the bay was free when j got there...so the basket of balls I hit was mainly my driver and 3w off the rubber tees

Needless to say it wasn't a very productive session so I am ignoring it from a results perspective but it was good to at least swing a club

Just booked my lessons. Pretty stoked about it as these will be my first ever! Got an awesome deal as well.

Spent over an hour at the range today hitting a few drivers, and then working on my wedges. Then shifted over to the short game area for some fun chipping contests with GG. Feels so good to be back out there.

Good for you that the injuries are behind you.

Spent over an hour at the range today hitting a few drivers, and then working on my wedges. Then shifted over to the short game area for some fun chipping contests with GG. Feels so good to be back out there.

Stay healthy dude. Nice to see Morgan back at it.

Range time tonight with my new CB's. Been dying to do something other than putting.

Just booked my lessons. Pretty stoked about it as these will be my first ever! Got an awesome deal as well.

Puts a smile on your Captain's face.

Wooooow!!! Is all I can say from my lesson tonight. It was so good that after I got done with my lesson I talked with dcbrad on the phone to let him know how it went. Well it finally warmed up here in central Illinois so that means I got some range time. Well I finally got to see how my irons were out there after starting these lessons. Well my PGA pro told me to hit some balls with my six iron. Well all I could do was hit long straight balls. I was in disbelieve, I've never hit so many straight and long with my six iron. So did that and I was pumped. Somethings I learned tonight is I need to watch my down swing and casting it. He showed me a practice drill to work on which will help me. Also he had a small launch monitor to see my club speed so I could see my change from when I was casting and when I wasn't. But overall its so amazing to see improvements when you get outside on the range.

That's awesome Coers! Keep up the good work.

I set up a little chipping and putting area in my kitchen and put in a little work today. Do I get to post that on here??? :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Practiced during the kiddos nap time. Same drills and moved in full swings. Things are looking great for two weeks into lessons. Much better than I expected going in.

Now working out since I already got my practice in.

Went to the range today. First half of the bucket it felt like I had forgotten how to swing. Started with the wedges and they were terrible, hitting everything fat and getting no distance. Just felt so out of sync. Didn't improve when I went to the irons so halfway through I just started hitting driver and things started coming back. Felt much better going back to the irons at the end but felt so lost at the start.

Practiced during the kiddos nap time. Same drills and moved in full swings. Things are looking great for two weeks into lessons. Much better than I expected going in.

Now working out since I already got my practice in.

Nice. Have a lesson coming up as well and am really looking forward to it.
Tomorrow I am hitting two buckets and doing nothing other than short game.
There are 6 pins to shoot at and I am going to play the high/low game. Go at each pin with both the high and low shot.

Trying to get back to the up and down numbers I had before the injury and think it will help my scores quite a bit.

I like the sounds of that high low game.

That's awesome Coers! Keep up the good work.

Thanks man I'm doing what I can. So great to see your ball flight finally after being stuck inside practicing. And I'll keep the good work up.

Hit he gym for some dead lifts and cardio followed by two hours of swing practice. Worked hard on controlling distance an trajectory with wedges.

Spent almost 2 hours at the range last night working on irons. Hit some good, hit some bad, but really just focused on my swing mechanics. Did the "back foot up" drill quite a bit to help me with rotating and it definitely is a noticeable difference when I do. I dont have a driver at the moment so I then moved onto hitting my XHot 7W off the deck. Maybe it was just one of those days but I was absolutely smoking it. Between 210-230 every time. That is longer than I have been hitting my driver. This new swing motion and mechanics are definitely helping me generate more power. I cant wait to get a driver in play. Overall, I was happy with the session despite the miserably cold conditions. But as I was freezing and hitting rock like range balls, I just kept about after all is said and done I can look back at nights like these and know I definitely put in the work.

Spent almost 2 hours at the range last night working on irons. Hit some good, hit some bad, but really just focused on my swing mechanics. Did the "back foot up" drill quite a bit to help me with rotating and it definitely is a noticeable difference when I do. I dont have a driver at the moment so I then moved onto hitting my XHot 7W off the deck. Maybe it was just one of those days but I was absolutely smoking it. Between 210-230 every time. That is longer than I have been hitting my driver. This new swing motion and mechanics are definitely helping me generate more power. I cant wait to get a driver in play. Overall, I was happy with the session despite the miserably cold conditions. But as I was freezing and hitting rock like range balls, I just kept about after all is said and done I can look back at nights like these and know I definitely put in the work.

Thats a long freaking 7W dev, well done!

Thats a long freaking 7W dev, well done!

It was just one of those things man. I am pretty sure we have all experienced it when you go to the range and for no reason whatsoever you just find a groove with a certain club and no matter how hard you swing or what you do, it is just perfect. My golfing buddy was with me and even he was like "WTF? man. I have never even seen you hit a driver that long." The best part was the high ball flight and they were straight as an arrow.

It was just one of those things man. I am pretty sure we have all experienced it when you go to the range and for no reason whatsoever you just find a groove with a certain club and no matter how hard you swing or what you do, it is just perfect. My golfing buddy was with me and even he was like "WTF? man. I have never even seen you hit a driver that long." The best part was the high ball flight and they were straight as an arrow.

The results are just proof that it's there. Unleash it Bro! Wreck some fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back