Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Only with my friends

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I rarely wager on golf

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have neer wagered on golf

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
I picked A, although I'm really somewhere between A and B. I'd say at least 8 of every 10 rounds I play there's some money on the line. One of the games I play in can get expensive but the others are relatively low stakes.

you need a ghin in the +3 or +4 range to play local pro events usually, or you're gonna be a donator bro, ouch.

I forgot to add HUSTLER

Plays anyone for dough, but not a professional, usually a sandbagger

haha

you need a ghin in the +3 or +4 range to play local pro events usually, or you're gonna be a donator bro, ouch.

I didn't take "I'm a professional all the time" to be literal.

BTW, I may be mistaken, and if I am I apologize, but didn't you post here a while back under a different name?

Last edited:
Only for fat stacks

Only play for a beer and a burger after the round.

Usually I don't, but with friend some minor bets, skins and usually for beer or coffee.

B for me

We are playing for big $$$$ come July!! What denomination we can decide upon later.

Yeah you are.

jy8uhagy.jpg

Just started playing skins this year when I joined a men's league and I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are playing for big $$$$ come July!! What denomination we can decide upon later.

I would expect nothing less from a Texan. I'm looking forward to our round on Wednesday! I'll go get mah quarters!

I find golf difficult enough without the extra burden if money being involved :lol:. I had a 2 foot putt for 90 quid in a society day once. Made worse as my playing partners made sure I knew it was for 90 quid. My knees were knocking, I hit an awful putt that somehow went in through the side door and earned me 90 English pounds.

I only do it every once in a while, and usually it's that the loser buys the first round of drinks after the round, pretty basic!

Hahahaha more than Id like to admit

I vpted with friends only.. $20-50 a head in stroke play $1-20 for closest to pin each hole or $5 on match play per hole. Also we bet on putts with my homies putting mat/green. When we are in his garage or backyard drinking things get very interesting.

I guess I'm a combo of B & C... With a couple of friends I normally play with its $5 skins(bogey or better to win), $5 greenies on par 3 & usually a $20 bet on 18...we are all the same level of golfers so it all evens out & the most you lose is like $60.

B or C for me.

Have never played for money, just beers afterwards. Would really like to this year though.

I have never played for cash. My dad used to say that if I beat him he'd pay for the round until I started to win regularly, if that counts.

This is something I wouldn't mind doing, but it only works if you're in a regular foursome doesn't it?

I'm good with just playing, but it seems like all of my buddies need to have money on the line to keep them interested. We usually just play quarter skins, it doesn't amount to much, but no one can get hurt too bad either.

I have gambled on the golf course for as long as I can remember. I enjoy it and it keep me focused.

Back