How much do you know?

I honestly had a better swing when I knew nothing about the swing. When I tried to learn about it and get better, that's when destruction showed up.

I don't know enough, I rely on people here at THP and my local pro.

I'm reminded of something called the Dunning-Kruger affect. This is where amateurs (in any field) rate their knowledge of the subject higher than professionals in that field. The more you know - the more you realize what you DON'T know...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think I have gained a pretty good understanding of the ball flight fundamentals.
As far as execution, not so much.

How much do you know?

Enough to know I can't fix myself but enough to know what my instructor is trying to get me to do and why.

This has come from a lot of questions and him answering them as well as looking over tons of video of my swing with him.

I know what a nice one looks like.

Zippo. Golf is like art. I know when it looks good, but have no idea how to do it.

Nothing at all. Heck and that scares me. I have been playing the game for almost 30 yrs.

Enough to know that the first time my fiance hit a ball I had her hitting a tiny draw and launching it well in no time at all (45minutes?). I can explain things really well in person but not so well otherwise.

The only things I know about the swing is what I learned from Hogan's "Five lessons" and Nicholas "Golf My Way"

I know very little about the golf swing, but after seeing mine on camera last night for the first time, I've picked up quite a few of the basics without even realizing it.

More than I used to, but still not much at all

I know enough about my swing to know that I never want to see it on video.

I feel like I know enough about my swing to make minor tweaks, however, I don't feel comfortable giving others advice.

I would use an analogy. It is like my knowledge of cars. I know the main components. I am able to fix some things myself. But I don't own the truly necessary diagnostic tools to have nuts to bolts mastery of the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough to know I don't know enough.

Not enough, maybe too much...I don't know.

Through multiple years of lessons at golftec, I have learned quite a lot and know far more than I did when I started, but I'm still just scratching the surface. To some degree I can now figure out what went wrong on certain swings on the course, and can even get things straightened out before the end of the round of golf. That's been helpful.

But overall, I try to work with my coach to get better and rely on his expertise to improve my game.

I know I'm not very consistent at it. :beat-up:

:alien2:David lead better., who? I'm enough to be deadly, but dangerous enough to cause a stir. This is tough, since we are all unique,,,I know enough to do my swing...but I don't know enough about you guys to say I can help you. If that makes sense.. All these videos are great of the swings, but the one area you can't film is ball flight.. And the ball doesn't lie

I think a good way to find out how much we truly know about the golf swing would be to see how long it would take us to learn to play from the opposite side. I'm sure there are a few here who can do this already, but I think it would be an interesting experiment for those who have never given it serious consideration.

I think a good way to find out how much we truly know about the golf swing would be to see how long it would take us to learn to play from the opposite side. I'm sure there are a few here who can do this already, but I think it would be an interesting experiment for those who have never given it serious consideration.

just trying to make this hard on us.,,,,aren't you? Seems so diabolical and sadistic.

I like though..in a sick kinda way

What about doing this and swinging off of one leg off the ground..make it even harder..

I think that would be constrained by our physical abilities. I'd say try teaching someone else...you pretty quickly learn the limits of your knowledge :)

So it seems people don't know a lot but are very quick to offer advise. Why? I'm curious and always have been. I see post that make me scratch my head and I want to say something but don't. But it's like some just repeat stuff they heard even if it doesn't work.

The advise given can prove to make a player worse because it's never just one thing that effects a swing. It's always a few pieces that need to be fixed.

Back