The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results are just proof that it's there. Unleash it Bro! Wreck some fools.

Thanks buddy. I know I am the weak link on Team THP and with how hard all these guys are working, I will probably still be the highest HCP on the team come MC but it wont be from a lack of effort. I am giving it everything I've got.

Thanks buddy. I know I am the weak link on Team THP and with how hard all these guys are working, I will probably still be the highest HCP on the team come MC but it wont be from a lack of effort. I am giving it everything I've got.

HandicapBazillion

I think I got the cap covered!

There is no weak link in any team! Enough of that crap talk! Do work and get results.

There is no weak link in any team! Enough of that crap talk! Do work and get results.

Kevin is correct. We all have a spot to fill and we all have a contribution we can make Ricky. You just keep working and I'll worry about getting you in a spot where you can use what you've built.

Kevin is correct. We all have a spot to fill and we all have a contribution we can make Ricky. You just keep working and I'll worry about getting you in a spot where you can use what you've built.

I'm not worried at all. I will not be showing up unprepared. I can promise you that.

No doubt about that brother!

I'm going to go on a road trip this weekend to find an outdoor range. Want to see some ballflight with what I've been working on and have some reviews to finish up.

Spent almost 2 hours at the range last night working on irons. Hit some good, hit some bad, but really just focused on my swing mechanics. Did the "back foot up" drill quite a bit to help me with rotating and it definitely is a noticeable difference when I do. I dont have a driver at the moment so I then moved onto hitting my XHot 7W off the deck. Maybe it was just one of those days but I was absolutely smoking it. Between 210-230 every time. That is longer than I have been hitting my driver. This new swing motion and mechanics are definitely helping me generate more power. I cant wait to get a driver in play. Overall, I was happy with the session despite the miserably cold conditions. But as I was freezing and hitting rock like range balls, I just kept about after all is said and done I can look back at nights like these and know I definitely put in the work.

Not to hijack but where are hitting balls outside. I am only 20 min from you so i can drive.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

No doubt about that brother!

I'm going to go on a road trip this weekend to find an outdoor range. Want to see some ballflight with what I've been working on and have some reviews to finish up.

I wouldnt go drive anywhere for that crap. It was miserable last night. Haha

Check out the sweet putting green...

ze6eratu_zps24065f98.jpg

Not to hijack but where are hitting balls outside. I am only 20 min from you so i can drive.

Willowbrook Golf Center in Wayne. Its a covered range. They have "heaters" but oddly enough they never work when I go.

Willowbrook Golf Center in Wayne. Its a covered range. They have "heaters" but oddly enough they never work when I go.

Sweet didn't know it was heated. As for the MC, it is still a ways off and if you keep working you will do awesome. Just keep practicing the good things. I tend to start beating balls with bad mechanics and it is bad so don't do that.

Sweet didn't know it was heated. As for the MC, it is still a ways off and if you keep working you will do awesome. Just keep practicing the good things. I tend to start beating balls with bad mechanics and it is bad so don't do that.

"Heated" is a loose term. They have heaters above all the stalls on the bottom level but they dont always work...

Sounds just like my "heated" range. I'll be out there tomorrow. UnderArmour puffy jacket, face mask, gloves, and hat in tow.

Another lesson set for today, quite excited, would like to see the wind die down a bit but whatever. I really think that I've improved my balance a ton since the last time which was a key thing I was told to work on, will be interested to hear his thoughts as we do work.

Sounds just like my "heated" range. I'll be out there tomorrow. UnderArmour puffy jacket, face mask, gloves, and hat in tow.

same here, heated range while its 40s before it beads back down to teens.

Really want to work on the things from the last lesson and try to get the changes engrained. Guessing 2 more lessons before Hilton Head so I want to be ready!

Have fun out there Jman.

Was working on the swing after work yesterday in the back yard hit ten balls and they felt great. Looked down at the face of my 7 iron and smiled.

22114155_zpscb38aa32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lesson this morning for and practice session afterward total of 2 hrs. Worked on impact position by taking the club back and to the top then back to impact slowly holding for ten seconds and then releasing through and down the target line. The goal was to keep me from getting happy feet and getting way out in front of the ball with my body and hands. I was getting up on my right toe at impact and way way out in front of the ball which was causing me to come in with an open club face and swiping contact with the ball. The drill forced me to get back into a similar position as address with my feet and continue down the line much better. One of the things we did with the drill was to set up to a foam ball make my back swing swing come to a stop at the impact position, hold it there for 5 secs and then follow through by "tossing" the ball to my instructor and continuing to the finish position. We repeated the same drill with a regular ball and him out of the way.

We work on the drill with the 7i, hybo, 9i and driver today. It made huge improvements in my shot results in flight dispersion, distance via increased smash factor. My SS numbers were down a little due to the feel of being so constricted in my movements and trying to make sure I was doing everything right with each swing but my distance was just as long due to increased smash factor.

Lots of progress mad today and lot of work to do before next weeks lesson

Have fun out there Jman.

Always. The clock is ticking and time is slowly slipping away, much work to be done still!

Lesson this morning for and practice session afterward total of 2 hrs. Worked on impact position by taking the club back and to the top then back to impact slowly holding for ten seconds and then releasing through and down the target line. The goal was to keep me from getting happy feet and getting way out in front of the ball with my body and hands. I was getting up on my right toe at impact and way way out in front of the ball which was causing me to come in with an open club face and swiping contact with the ball. The drill forced me to get back into a similar position as address with my feet and continue down the line much better. One of the things we did with the drill was to set up to a foam ball make my back swing swing come to a stop at the impact position, hold it there for 5 secs and then follow through by "tossing" the ball to my instructor and continuing to the finish position. We repeated the same drill with a regular ball and him out of the way.

We work on the drill with the 7i, hybo, 9i and driver today. It made huge improvements in my shot results in flight dispersion, distance via increased smash factor. My SS numbers were down a little due to the feel of being so constricted in my movements and trying to make sure I was doing everything right with each swing but my distance was just as long due to increased smash factor.

SOme of the exact drills we just worked on a few days ago, i was tossing a impact bag.

Just putted for 45 minutes at a course close to the office. The emote I roll the MXM7 the more it's just fun to putt with. Easy to set up & frames the ball well.

Love the roll off the face that the it provides. Ball gets rolling in a hurry.

2 large buckets today. Really wanted to spend some time on 5i and 6i. The long irons have giving me trouble in the past. First 10 shots were bad, really bad. Then I stepped back and the results were night and day. Standing to close was causing me to make a funny move with my arms/body before impact. Stepping back allowed my to extend my arms naturally and put me in a good position at impact. I'm pleasantly surprised with the improvement today. Also the snow has melted so I was able to chip a little bit which I have missed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SOme of the exact drills we just worked on a few days ago, i was tossing a impact bag.

Tossing an impact bag I could barely toss a regular golf ball in the air haha

It was so hard for me to quiet my lower body down as i used it so much to create speed but had little control. Now I'm using the lower body differently which is much more consistent and repeatable.

Impressed by the amount of work you've put in this year. That's dedication dude and you should be proud of yourself.

Impressed by the amount of work you've put in this year. That's dedication dude and you should be proud of yourself.

Thanks Hawk I hit what I thought was a lot of balls last year but thats is really all I did just hit balls not much work was done.

This yr is completely different each practice and lesson is with a purpose and I'm not taking this season lightly. I had a goal if I got in the MC which didn't come to fruition but that goal did not go away yes it changed but for the better I raised my expectations and goals for the yr.

The best things I have done is set those goals and sign up with my instructor to be my coach. I paid a flat fee for the year for lessons, playing lessons, 24/7 contact with him. Having the yr paid for already means I'm not trying to cram a lot into each lesson sometimes its very little we actually work on but very important stuff and I don't feel like I lost out if we have to recover it later on. It's been great knowing I have a lesson every friday with a standing time with him, I have had 6 or so lessons so far and will have at least 3 before HHI then back to weekly lessons till it is time to hit the courses when they open and then it may stay weekly for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back