Your Super Bowl Treats

Diane

Reaction score
I saw this in yesterday's NY Times and thought of - who else - Gasman. He really does occupy my thoughts way too often. :banghead:

Well - that's neither here nor there. What are you planning to make to nosh on this Sunday?

Pigskins In Play

I am going to JB's to see if there is any more BBQ left ( subject of anoter post)

I am going to JB's to see if there is any more BBQ left ( subject of anoter post)

You are welcome to, but I believe the flight is slightly long!!! hehe

I'm not sure yet, we've been invited to about 3 superbowl parties, so I guess we'll have our pick!

You are welcome to, but I believe the flight is slightly long!!! hehe

You're going to need help eating all that :hungry:

Sure why not, the more the merrier.

I saw this in yesterday's NY Times and thought of - who else - Gasman. He really does occupy my thoughts way too often. :banghead:

Well - that's neither here nor there. What are you planning to make to nosh on this Sunday?

Pigskins In Play

Thanks for the pig p0rn. I used to love getting the chicharones when we would go to Mexico. They are not so big in LA.

Thanks for the pig p0rn. I used to love getting the chicharones when we would go to Mexico. They are not so big in LA.

Oh they're big in LA just got to look at some of the different cultures too. If you're ticker is up for it I can tell you where to get some pork fried goodness.

Oh they're big in LA just got to look at some of the different cultures too. If you're ticker is up for it I can tell you where to get some pork fried goodness.

I dont know if the heart can handle it. :D
I know you can get them here but in Mexico they were everywhere. Do you know some good spots. I need to start keeping a manifest of all of the spots.

Rooster's Restaurant

100 medium wings. 5 large philly cheesesteaks. 3 orders of chicken thumbs. and 1 bag of french fries.

Rooster's Restaurant

100 medium wings. 5 large philly cheesesteaks. 3 orders of chicken thumbs. and 1 bag of french fries.

And what are you getting for your guests?

I dont know if the heart can handle it. :D
I know you can get them here but in Mexico they were everywhere. Do you know some good spots. I need to start keeping a manifest of all of the spots.

Depends where you are in LA. If you're in "The Valley" then there's a place I go to in Glendale called Max's. It's a sit down Filipino restaurant that has a variety of things on their menu including... deep fried pork belly and deep fried pig's feet. Us Filipino's are into things that clog arteries and give you a nice midsection i.e. - good food.

Depends where you are in LA. If you're in "The Valley" then there's a place I go to in Glendale called Max's. It's a sit down Filipino restaurant that has a variety of things on their menu including... deep fried pork belly and deep fried pig's feet. Us Filipino's are into things that clog arteries and give you a nice midsection i.e. - good food.

I remember a Filipino lady I worked with many years ago used to make lumpia .. mmm that was good

BEER, nice cold ones.

I remember a Filipino lady I worked with many years ago used to make lumpia .. mmm that was good

My mom makes it, will have to let you know next time!

Tacos, and MGD. Maybe a few of PJ's pizzas. Our Daughters' families, and some of their friends are coming over. Someone is bringing wine, and veggies. Others are doing the chip, and dip thing. As long as no one blows chunks I will be happy. My wife is in charge of all car keys, and has the real deal metro Breathalyzer. :clapp:

That's just the tip of the iceberg my friend. There are many more delicacies associated with our wonderful culture. You just have to know where to get it.

My mom makes it, will have to let you know next time!

GC, are you Flip?

That reminds me that's what I'll have for the SB. Got some pre rolled lumpia in the freezer and some pork barbecue on a stick as well. MMMM... gets me hungry just thinking about it.

That's just the tip of the iceberg my friend. There are many more delicacies associated with our wonderful culture. You just have to know where to get it.

GC, are you Flip?

That reminds me that's what I'll have for the SB. Got some pre rolled lumpia in the freezer and some pork barbecue on a stick as well. MMMM... gets me hungry just thinking about it.

Nope!! There's a funny acronym for FLIP, but I won't say it haa haa...:D I am 100% Chinese!

GC, are you Flip?

Nope!! There's an acronym for FLIP, but I won't say it haa haa...I am Chinese!

We have a few good spots for pork belly around here but I was talking more about the skin.

Us Dutch people make a mean lumpia as well but we use chutney for dipping, what do you guys use?

Us Dutch people make a mean lumpia as well but we use chutney for dipping, what do you guys use?

Depends who you talk to. Some like a sweet and sour sauce, some like a chutney/relish type dip, some like straight vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. I think one time I didn't feel like making sauce and I ended up dipping in McD's sweet and sour sauce and it was still good.

We have a few good spots for pork belly around here but I was talking more about the skin.

Homemade plum sauce :good:

Back