Why won't you show up as a single or play with strangers ?

I do it all the time. Like meeting new people and enjoying our good shots with each other

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I do it frequently, I like to meet new people.

In my head I am simply not good enough to just walk on and join a group of people. Plus I always feel bad if I am the only girl and need to use a different tee box. I actually enjoying playing golf alone, however, I lose a lot of golf balls that way because I can never find my ball.

I play most of my rounds as a single so I know the chances of me getting paired up are high. I have no issue with that at all. I enjoy meeting new people... In fact many here will attest to the fact that I could probably have a conversation with a brick wall

I won't play as a single because I am ridiculously shy. Sometimes I think it borders on social anxiety. If I am with someone I know, and we get paired with 2 more, no worries.... but if I am by myself, I would rather not play at all it is so bad.

I've been there, braddman. That was one of the reasons I started trying to walk-on as a single; forced me to tear down those walls.

I enjoy meeting new people when I walk on as a single. I've been lucky that I haven't had any bad experiences with jerks.

I prefer to play with strangers. Helps me focus on my game.

Really doesnt matter to me. I like to play as a single because I can play the tee box I want and don't feel like I'm holding anyone up. But if I was placed it wouldn't really bother me at all. I would just play their tee box of choosing in the interest of pace of play.

I'll play with anyone no matter who they are.

I go to the course and usually play by myself if non of my friends are available. And if the course is busy I'll jump in and play with strangers. I have met some cool people and even found one of my new friends Omar who is a cook during lunch and dinner and he plays golf between that time, so we usually play all the time during the week.

Ever since I've been playing golf, I have almost always played with strangers. My friends are basically all non golfers and i have a tendency to play a round on a whim.

I've played with 3 total strangers dozens of times. Doesn't bother me in the least

Why won't i? I will.

And I love it....hate playing alone.

Have to think its more of a social issue in not wanting to play with strangers. I love meeting new people and also enjoy have one and done relationships. Over the years I've met new friends during a walk-on round and have met folks I'm glad that I'll never encounter again in my life. The good news is the positives far and above outweigh the negatives moments.

I'll play with anyone who keeps up with pace of play, respects the course and other golfers. Any skill level is fine.

If I can't get out in a group of friends, I'll show up as a single and hang out around the putting green waiting for a group to join.

Most of the courses I play require at least 3 in a group before 10am, so I can be the guy to make a twosome into a threesome to keep their 8:00 time.

I play as a single all the time and really enjoy it. If I get stuck with a bad group I always bow out at 9 and hit the range or practice area. I also have a membership so it's not like I'm paying full price and potentially having a bad time- it's always just practice.

I play alone and pair up all the time. As most of you know, I am not shy. It take it as an opportunity to meet new people and make new contacts

Why won't you show up as a single or play with strangers ?

I have no problem playing with strangers. In fact I welcome it because more often than not I end up with a very good round for some reason. But I WILL NOT play alone. I have a horrible time seeing the ball when I hit my driver and 3 wood so it just get frustrated and losing a few balls. But if I go to the par 3 course less than 2 miles from my house I prefer to play alone. I like to play 2 balls and try different things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've met some people that I now call good friends because I showed up as a single and was paired with them or was invited to join them.

I play a good portion of my rounds paired up with strangers or on my own; have no issue with it. Only on a few occasions have I had any issue with it. Good way to meet new people and make connections.

I go to the course all the time as a single, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I quite enjoy playing a round alone or getting paired up with new peeps.

I do it all the time. It's better than having to schedule my entire weekend the Wednesday before and try to get 3 other members in with me. I'm either asked to play in an existing group that has someone out for the week or I just show up and wait for an opening

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I have no issues playing as a single or be joined in a group of strangers. Happens all the time when I sneak out for a round during the week

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I have no issues playing as a single or be joined in a group of strangers. Happens all the time when I sneak out for a round during the week

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Same with me. I work nights so I golf during day where alot of people retired play so I get paired up occasionally

Back