Who is your "local" tour professional?

Zach Johnson. I play a few times a year at the country club he grew up playing. Friends of mine are good friends of his from high school. Hawk -- the great Jack Fleck was from Davenport.

DA Points he grew up like 7-10 minutes away
I used to see DA all the time at Southern Dunes a few years back.
Zach Johnson. I play a few times a year at the country club he grew up playing. Friends of mine are good friends of his from high school. Hawk -- the great Jack Fleck was from Davenport.
That's funny I was going to say Zach because he used to play out of Heathrow CC in lake Mary

I live in Orlando and there are a ton of pros living here but I don't know how many are from here.

I used to see DA all the time at Southern Dunes a few years back.
Sweet man, his parents use to live down the road at the Pekin Country Club but guess they moved down to Windermere which I guess is close to Orlando. Smart people who wants to live in this cold crappy weather state.

Joey Sindelar lives about 30 minutes from me.

Russell Henley is from right up the interstate a couple exits.

I guess that Couples has enough ties to the area that he could be considered local. Obviously he does not reside in Houston, but attending U of H makes him a fan favorite at the local events. Other than that, I guess Maggert or Choi.

Erik Compton from Miami, FL. What an inspiring story and a good dude.

Dustin Johnson. I am a good bit older than he is but he went to the same high school as I did. He only went there for a year or so before transferring to the rival high school.

Here in RI, I only know of a few guys who have ever made the tour...
Brad Faxon
Billy Andrade
Dana Quigley

Who has "made it" from where you live?
Growing up in RI...

those 3 Plus

Brett Quiqley
PH Horgan III

now living in Palm Beach County, too many to list :)

Nick Watney - Played at Davis Muni same course I did in high school additionally we went to Fresno State at the same time
Ricky Barnes
Spencer Levin- Played a round with his stepdad last summer

Billy Hurley III. Was a childhood friend and baseball teammate in high school.

Not sure of those born in the area, but those who live here are Nick Watney, Scott Piercy, Kevin Na, Dean Wilson, Bob May, Natalie Gulbis and some other Web.Com guys who I don't know. Ryan Moore, Charlie Hoffman, Adam Scott for a semester, and a couple others went to UNLV.

Zach Johnson out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa... #2 golfer at his highschool and #2 golfer at Drake... Amazing what work ethic can do

Charles Howell III
Scott Brown
Patrick Reed
Vaughn Taylor
Brian Gay

They all won on tour. I could throw in Larry Mize. And a longer list that haven't won.

Grew up with and playing HS golf with Kevin Stadler, great family and guy!!

I can't speak for all of Tennessee but Scott Stallings is a local guy.

Johnson Wagner went to the high school that my daughter attends now…James I. O'neill in Highland Falls, NY. His dad was/is a professor on West Point.

I used to play with some guys who were quite a bit older than D.A. but competed against him in the mid to late 90's in local amateur tournaments (mostly The River Cup). He didn't always beat them, but they said he had total confidence in every shot and just went about his business with a calm relaxed focus that belied professional golf.

DA Points he grew up like 7-10 minutes away

Last edited:
Back