Golf Hats - How Many

I recently thinned my heard quite a bit. The ones that made the cut were my two THP hats, two TaylorMade hats I got from THP events, and a Srixon hat that I got last year. Everything else was either tossed or given away.

I would be surprised it it were less than 50. Probably closer to 100 than 50.

MY normal rotation is around 10.

I need to count but I think I am keeping 25 and have a sack of 65 that I am getting rid of. In fact, we might have already give the sack of hat to the garbage man.

I don't match my hats, and if I had to guess I probably have around 8 THP hats, 3/4 from the course I play, and maybe two dozen of various manufacturers. And they are all a combination of hats and visors, I try and thin the herd from time to time, but I like having options!

Right now they are thrown on a shelf in my closet with no apparent organization. My wife stated I needed to organize my closet with my golf attire, hence the creation of this thread.

I know some will store their hats in ziplock bags, hard cases, etc. Not sure if I feel the need to go that far.

I am probably between 35-40 hats. All different OEM's. The question is how do you guys store them??

Probably 15 or so. All match most of my golf combinations. Usually a nike or titleist hat.

Right now they are thrown on a shelf in my closet with no apparent organization. My wife stated I needed to organize my closet with my golf attire, hence the creation of this thread.

I know some will store their hats in ziplock bags, hard cases, etc. Not sure if I feel the need to go that far.

I need to figure out a storage sitiaution. Its just getting out of control

I can't seem to grasp why my buddies store them in plastic bags. I need mine to air out in case I sweat out on the course.
I need to figure out a storage sitiaution. Its just getting out of control

I think 9 pumas a THP hat, Titleist hat, Bridgestone hat, and a SeeMore one.

At least two dozen. Too many, probably.

I used to have 25/30 at any given time. Now I'm done to 3, my rule is that once they get a little dirty or sweaty they go in the trash.

I have well over a hundred. But, I used to collect visors from top courses that I played. Many have never been worn. Although I do still pick up the odd visor from courses that are very, very special, I had to stop that collection. I wish I'd started with golf balls, ball markers like other more rational collectors.

i used to never wear any hats at all. then i started golfing again last year, and now i have about 12 hats. mostly nike and callaway. that collection seems to grow every day...

We need to add some Bridgestone hats to that collection. Hmmm...

i used to never wear any hats at all. then i started golfing again last year, and now i have about 12 hats. mostly nike and callaway. that collection seems to grow every day...

I'd guess about 20 hats. I only wear about 3 of them on the golf course, wear 2 of them to work around the house, and the rest are collector type hats (US Open, Masters, PGA, autographed, etc.) and about 6 sentimental hats from my Dad's collection. I go through them once a year and trash to work and golf hats when needed because by then I've collected a few each year to replace them.

without going in and counting, I'm going to guess approximately 15 golf hats. I've got a few different styles in there, but my go-to is trucker with the mesh back. I prefer a flatter bill on them (The Part Time Golf truckers are a perfect example of my ideal hat), but I've got some of the less structured, breathable hats as well. I almost always go with adjustable, because my head is like Sputnik and I can't stand a tight hat.

I have 8 right now and I rarely buy a hat. When I bought my X Hot clubs last spring, my pro gave me three Callaway and one Odyssey hats and I think later in the year he gave me a couple hats with the course logo on them. One of the perks of membership and part time employment.

I have 15 to 20 hats for sure. Heck maybe more. I have a solid mix of OEM's (1 or 2 Titleist, 4 Callaway, 6 Bridgestone, 1 Ping, 3 Taylormade) plus others that are from golf courses, tournaments or apparel companies that don't make clubs.

I'm baldheaded so hats are a must. Large color selection too!

I have 15 to 20 hats for sure. Heck maybe more. I have a solid mix of OEM's (1 or 2 Titleist, 4 Callaway, 6 Bridgestone, 1 Ping, 3 Taylormade) plus others that are from golf courses, tournaments or apparel companies that don't make clubs.

I'm baldheaded so hats are a must. Large color selection too!

Have to definitely mix it up with some color.

This thread got me wondering how many caps I have so I decided to count them all. I shouldn't have. I have 156 that I counted. 108 if which are golf specific and the others are sport or product related. Of the golf caps, 11 of them are from the Masters. Some of them are from when I have volunteered at tournaments. I also use to buy a cap from each tourney I went to. And a great number of the golf hats are TaylorMade, but have caps from Callaway, Adams, Nike, Srixon and 1 Bridgestone (got my eye on a couple more Bridgestone caps though). And of course a few THP caps as well. As I typed this I remembered another bag in the attic that has a bunch of caps so lets call it an even 180 caps. I may have a problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Last edited:
This thread got me wondering how many caps I have so I decided to count them all. I shouldn't have. I have 156 that I counted. 108 if which are golf specific and the others are sport or product related. Of the golf caps, 11 of them are from the Masters. Some of them are from when I have volunteered at tournaments. I also use to buy a cap from each tourney I went to. And a great number of the good hats are TaylorMade, but have caps from Callaway, Adams, Nike, Srixon and 1 Bridgestone (got my eye on a couple more Bridgestone caps though). And of course a few THP caps as well. As I typed this I remembered another bag in the attic that has a bunch of caps so lets call it an even 180 caps. I may have a problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Are you kidding me? I thought 20 was excessive. I need to pick it up.

Okay you made me go count and I am ashamed to say that I have 47...yep 47...lots of THP hats and Callaway and Bridgestone hats from the Morgan Cup...plus I just like cool looking caps.

I have a bunch of different branded hats that have been accumulated at various THP events...Cleveland, Bridgestone, TaylorMade, Callaway, off the top of my head. In addition, I've got several THP hats, several Masters hats, and a certain captains hat that my team is probably loving to hate by now.

Probably in the 60-70 range. Probably half of those are golf caps.........

Back