When is your glove done?

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
At what point do you change gloves?

I usually wait until a hole appears. Know some guys and gals change every so many rounds or when they get crusty. So, what's your rule of thumb for changing gloves?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When there is a whole in the palm or it gets crusty from repeatedly getting wet.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I can deal with a small hole in a glove, depends on where it is and how bad. When it rips is usually my clue that I need to replace it!

As soon as the thumb seam comes undone, which is the first place every time for me. Every 20 rounds or so. And no, my grips aren't made of sandpaper.

Usually when it rips or gets that kind of dry rot feeling to it. Also when I have to sign one for hitting a fan that lines the fairway.

The second it hardens.

When it's not longer soft and flexible or gets a hole worn in the thumb, whichever comes 1st.

I use the same glove for about 10-15 rounds. I don't wait for them to wear out. Usually when the thumb gets a crease that starts to bother I get a new one.

Playing in a high humidity area it's done after about 10 rounds. If I'm not playing as frequently it's longer, but once it starts to dry up and looks like a leather raisin it's time.

When there is a hole (I am lucky if I get 5 rounds) or if it gets crusty before.

When it stands on it own.

I second the thumb seam break. That is where my gloves tend to wear out first. I can usually get a season out of a glove; maybe 40 rounds?

Baseball gloves don't get crusty, so when a hole appears in the second layer in the Palm.

My gloves tend to hold up well for whatever reason, so it's usually the crustiness factor that makes me change.

If a hole is there it's gone.

I don't get holes in my gloves, so they are two factors that make me toss them. If they get too crusty, or if they start to get too loose.

I use Callaway warbird synthetic gloves. They hold up amazingly well. I usually have to throw them out due to smell, well before there are holes or it hardens. A glove will usually last me about 3 to 4 months.

Usually when the leather starts to dry out. Haven't had a hole in a glove for a while.

As soon as the fingers start to feel smooth.

Holes
Dried out
Stinky

Holes
Dried out
Stinky

All of this but the scent part. I mean you can always air them out haha.

Mine really stay in play until there's just no point in it anymore

I must say, in golf anyways, not sure I've ever experienced the stinky glove.

All of this but the scent part. I mean you can always air them out haha.

Mine really stay in play until there's just no point in it anymore

I must say, in golf anyways, not sure I've ever experienced the stinky glove.

Here are the steps to take to get a stinky glove.

Buy Hirzl.
Wear it from May-Sept.

It will stink! Really, any glove that lasts me awhile will stink eventually, but that kangaroo leather has something extra special.

Here are the steps to take to get a stinky glove.

Buy Hirzl.
Wear it from May-Sept.

It will stink! Really, any glove that lasts me awhile will stink eventually, but that kangaroo leather has something extra special.

Understand now haha. I purposely stayed away from kangaroo leather hockey glove palms for that specific reason. The Hirzl are think anyways. Have never liked them myself.

Back