What Fit do you Prefer in your Golf Apparel?

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
Do you prefer the loose and comfort route or do you like to go with the athletic, form-fitting apparel? I've made the mistake of buying a few Nike/UA/Adidas shirts online that were much more tight fitting that I would've liked. Even with my under shirts, I usually go with the loose-fitting UA or Nike base layer shirts.

Does it matter to you? I love the way golf style has evolved over the past decade, but I really need to try on more stuff before whipping out the CC on all of those great Deal of the Day deals that DawgDaddy provides us with constantly. Nothing sucks worse than buying clothes and then they not fit as well as you hope.

Definitely more of the loose fit, to the point that I'll even buy shirts one size too big

As a member of the "fluffy" club...I prefer the looser fitting clothing.

Adidas "tailored" fit is probably my favorite. It is a closer fit shirt with sleeves that aren't as baggy. If I could find all shirts that fit like that, I would be very happy.

I like something with a squared off shoulder, since it makes area going down to the waist more tapered. Once I sweat this beer gut off I'll be back into more form fitting shirts since I like the look, but in the interim I've been gravitating towards heavier fabric and boxier cuts. Nobody wants to see the cyclops belly button peeking at them through a shirt.

i prefer form fitting because im pretty jacked (for a golfer) ...i like to intimidate while i can because once my opponents see me swing the intimidation factor goes in the toilet.

The best fitting shirt I own is the UA heat gear loose fit they made a couple years ago. Athletic fit in the body of the shirt but the sleeves are a little looser. I haven't been able to find a better fitting shirt than that one.

The best fitting shirt I own is the UA heat gear loose fit they made a couple years ago. Athletic fit in the body of the shirt but the sleeves are a little looser. I haven't been able to find a better fitting shirt than that one.

Good point on the sleeves. I hate them short and I hate them tight. Right above the elbow is perfect for me.

Loose. I even let my belt out 1 notch when playing so it is basically doing nothing. The only exception is my shoes. I like them to be a snug fit.

Form fitting. Sligo Travis Mathews and Peter Millar in mediums do the trick.

Comfortable is my standard. And it has to look good tucked in and tucked out. I actually like playing with my shirt tucked out, so I do that when I can get away with it and I don't want it looking like a dress. Tucked in, it should look form fitting, be comfortable and not look like a stuffed in blouse.

I like a looser fit. Not baggy, but I don't want it to look like the guy who wears a shirt a size small.

I like it super tight to show off my belly. I worked hard at putting that weight there.

I tend to buy stuff that has "slim" in the fit description or "tailored" as some word it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I dont really want form fitting, but I do not like baggy. As long is it a nice, trim, fit, I am good with it. I hate sleeves that go down near my elbow, as well. That just annoys me.

I like tight. I hate baggy looking shirts on me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Not too tight and not too loose but just right does the trick. When you're tall keeping the shirt tail tucked can be a challenge with some brands .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my golf gear like I like all my clothes. Slim. Not tight, but slim.

I prefer a loose fit...as I need it. And as weird as it sounds, I don't like shirts baggy either. I find it almost impossible to find shirts that fit "perfect."

Mine need to be long as my length is in my torso. I like how Nike and Alial Fital fit for me.

I prefer the looser fitting shirts, but not baggy. Especially glad to see shorter sleeves coming back into style.

Like full fitting slacks and shorts.

JM

I can't do the slim/athletic fit anymore. Bought a couple pairs of beautiful Nike golf pants online.
I didn't realize they were the slimmer style and I can't pull it off. They will be in the THP marketplace soon.

Back