How many times have you blown up the bag.....recently made wholesale change....

Tigerfansince72

Reaction score
Handicap
Sold all of my TM gear and got all Titleist.....had one brand for 10 yrs and just wanted a change....can't really explain it....just wanted a change and glad I did.

Anyone else started over?

I have a completely different bag heading into this spring then I did last year. 4 different companies pieced together. My favorite is my Mizuno wedges, wouldn't trade em for anything at this point.

I swap out irons/hybrids a lot. Stick with my woods, wedges and putter.

Last winter. Every club in the bag was new to me except the 3 wood, and it was only 6 months old. Replaced 13 of them, including the bag itself. Fast forward to now, the old putter is back in, and I've replaced the irons with a newer set of what went out. So, at the end of the day it ended up being the driver, hybrid, and wedges.

had the best year league wise last golf season with a set up I had for about 4 years...fast forward I have new irons different 3 wood/ hybrid new vokeys and same driver and putter. I constantly wonder what this season will bring with almost all new stuff. I think for the average golfer, we can score about the same w/ most equipment (up to date) so its a mental thing. Switching from r7s to the Rocketblade Tours, after gathering some info I should be able to hit these a bit higher and longer. I have always struggled to hit the ball high w/ long irons (probably because I scoop the ball rather than decending blow). 3wood and hybrid I went titleist just because I couldn't pass the prices up and I really struggled w/ my RBZ and TM hybrid last year, so Im hoping for some more confidence/consistency with these too. Finally treated myself to new wedges after having the same 52 56 vokey hand me downs for 6 years. Hoping that these make the biggest difference for trying to spin/ hold greens where the old ones the faces were beat.

I think I blew my bag up at least 5 times in the last year. I'm pretty confident I have a setup I'm happy with.

I move stuff around every now and then

I was miss match through high school. Once I got to college I played Titleist. After college it was Mizuno I irons, callaway woods. Once I started working as pro I carried TaylorMade,Wilson and Titleist.

After I walked away from biz I was csllaway, srixon. Since THP I've been Bridgestone, callaway and now TM.

Yeah, did it last season gradually and am now almost done doing it again after a thorough fitting. My hybrid and FW's are the only clubs currently in my bag I played last year. I don't see doing this again for some time, but could see tweaking a little if need be.

I just recently blew up my bag in a bit of an experiment, I changed every club in my bag. I'm only a couple rounds in to that experiment!

Last year I had two completely new bags. Prior to that it had been about 4 years before a total blow up, but would change a few things each year.

My bag is usually pretty stable. I will maybe change 2 types of clubs per year and those stay in the bag for at least a few years. The reason is a mix of money, no need for an upgrade, justifying the costs, etc.

How many times have you blown up the bag.....recently made wholesale change....

Last year. There is only one club in my bag right now that was there 1/1/13 and I even replaced it last year but came back to it.

In don't expect such a severe overhaul for a while. Maybe 2015 Morgan Cup. :)

Im roughly on a 3yr cycle.....as this seaon will be year 3 my bag is new except for my driver and putter

Once a year at least the past 3 years. I have great reasons though. :)

Short of being asked to review a set of irons, or being chosen for the Morgan Cup, I don't see me doing a wholesale change anytime soon. Once I am able to save my pocket change for a set of Ping G25 irons, I'll do so ... but until then, baring those two other options, I'll be sticking with what I have currently. At most, I envision only a half dozen at most of these changes in my lifetime.

Sold all of my TM gear and got all Titleist.....had one brand for 10 yrs and just wanted a change....can't really explain it....just wanted a change and glad I did.

Anyone else started over?

I went from all Callaway in 2010 to all Ping and back to all Callaway in 2013. My change (to Ping) was for personal reasons that have now been put behind me (and my home course which had a Callaway issue) so all is well again.

I've never changed every club in the bag at the same time. I did however change every club in my bag over the course of the past year - not sure if that counts.

About 2-3 weeks ago :)

Basically just did. New irons, driver, and went to a hybrid instead of four iron. Wedges are next, and debating on if I want to add another wedge and go to a five wood to replace the 4 and 7 woods. Only thing that is safe is my Seemore M5.

I had my original set up for the first 2+ years: Cleveland CG16 black pearl, SL290 D and 3W, then Nike v-rev black wedges. I just got fitted a few weeks ago; moved to stiff shafts and went away from a total game improvement iron. I haven't gotten to get out on a course yet, but been feeling pretty nice out at the range

I just recently blew up my bag in a bit of an experiment, I changed every club in my bag. I'm only a couple rounds in to that experiment!
What are your early impressions?

Never. I'm only my 4th set of irons in the last 34 years. It's usually one club at a time, and they are usually drivers or putters.

I blow my full bag up at least once a year usually at the start. Through the rest of the season I will replace things here and there just to try new things. I like unwrapping new clubs or unboxing used clubs which are new to me :)

Back