Are you in for the long haul?

No reason to worry about that sp00nman. We love having a strong international presence here.

No reason to worry about that sp00nman. We love having a strong international presence here.

Yup I'm one of em . At least language wise.
biggrin.png

So in my time here on thp ive noticed some things. Quite a few members habe been here for a long time and are never leaving. Some have been here a short time but you can tell there presents isnt running off.

Just with all these new threads popping up, all the new members that have joined this year alone could tou imagine this place if everyone stayed?
So are you in for the long haul?

Interesting question. As one of those new guys, I guess the answer is maybe. At this time I feel very committed to be into golf for the "long haul." I am a long time computer geek and surfing web forums on one screen while playing games or watching TV on the other helps feed my ADD. So far, I am finding that I enjoy the general atmosphere of this forum quite a lot and there is a lot of good information here. Those are all reasons I've been hanging around lately, and they all work in favor of being back tomorrow.

I'd like to think I am, but as JB said things happen in life and sometimes we overreact or forget that everything is temporary and grudges and resentment hurt the holder much more than the resented one. I want to be here forever, One Day At A Time :)

I'm here for the long haul. I love the info and conversations on here daily, teeing up with new people and old friends at gatherings and especially at events. I have met some amazing people chatted with them at event and teed it up with them. I have made a bit of an ass out of myself a time or two but have always been forgiven and we moved on.

The family here is better than my own "real" family and until I'm disowned I ain't leaving.

Love all the info I can find here, great people with nice attitude. Would love to write more and longer but language and my fear of making an ass of myself stops me.

No reason to ever worry about that we all do it at one point of time or another :bulgy-eyes:

You all are stuck with me for a long time :D

I don't plan on going anywhere. Why settle for second place when I can be a part of the best golf website one the planet.

I will be a member her for as long as they will have me.

It seems like every winter it gets hard to keep up with golf. But this site is so much more than just golf. It's friendship and good conversation. It's a place to vent when times are tough. It's one of the first places I shared that I got a promotion at work. This place is unlike any other. So yes. I am in for the long haul

I'm here for the long haul. I have too much to learn to stop. I learn something new to help my game every day! Plus, I've formed several online friendships. There are many people I want to meet, and play a round with from here.

Been here over 4 years, never picked for anything, only post on things I think I know about or if I have questions. Don't post much random or fluff stuff so my post count isn't too high. Its funny I didn't come around as much for awhile as I was very busy with work towards the end of 2012 into mid 2013 and noticed a lot of the people that had posted before weren't around anymore. Had to ask Freddie while I was in FL where certain people were, did they get hurt, moved on, etc. I never even knew about the other site that had formed lol. I enjoy this place and I get a ton of information here that I wouldn't get elsewhere and the people seem sincere in what they are doing. So I guess I am here for the long haul, unless I don't get picked for something soon lol :)

I am in it for the long haul. I have been lurking on this board for the past 2 years. Recently signed up in 2013 and I think just started posting at the end of the year. This site is the reason I sought out lessons and got fitted for my clubs. I learned so much over the past couple of years. I am well on my way to being a bogey golfer and thats my immediate goal for now.

With moving last year and the financial downfall that came with that, I wasn't able to play the 2nd half of last season like I wanted to, and therefor fell off from posting much on here or even coming.

The itch came back, money isn't an issue for my wife and I, and I'll tell you it's nearly like I never left.

The greatest thing about this forum has been mentioned already, but I'll say it again. It's the fact that everyone seems to be family, that everyone loves inviting the new people, and making them part of the family. Inside that family, there is some hazing (there always is) but I've rarely seen bashing or the really bad internet bullies that normally frequent online forums. Add in all the events (which I've never been too but would love to one day), the individual people getting together to play, and all the contests and testing, why would you ever want to leave? THP is amazing!

Back