Are you in for the long haul?

Golferbest

Reaction score
Handicap
So in my time here on thp ive noticed some things. Quite a few members habe been here for a long time and are never leaving. Some have been here a short time but you can tell there presents isnt running off.
However if you search older threads you can find people that once were active here and havnt said anything in a while. Now I know life happens sometimes so Im not trying to be in sensitive. For some though it could have been because they didnt get into an event, werent selected for something or many other reasons. Just with all these new threads popping up, all the new members that have joined this year alone could tou imagine this place if everyone stayed?
So are you in for the long haul?

Im here for the long haul, theres no other place like this both from a website and from a family standpoint

I'm here for the long haul. When I initially signed up I was intimidated a bit and was not as active. I finally decided to jump in and it's the best thing I've done.

That would be a resounding yes! Couldn't imagine my life without THP.

People come and people go.
Life happens, disagreements happen and many other things.

All we can do is keep moving forward and offering something unique for our community that we believe they cannot get anywhere else.
Those that like it and/or love it will stay around and be a part of this community. Others might come and not stay. In the end, it is what it is.

THP has had such a positive impact on my life in such a short time, I fully expect to be around for the long haul.

I'm here for the long haul. When I initially signed up I was intimidated a bit and was not as active. I finally decided to jump in and it's the best thing I've done.

Just have to get the new member this idea. Ive made numerous friends and learn so much from picking the brains of people here.

The joy to me is that THP can be whatever you want it to be...if you want to post 2000 times a month, you can, if you want to post 20 times a month, you can, and if you want to never sign-up and just read privately, that is fine too.

THP offers me exactly what I'm looking for and always has...a place to respectfully talk about whatever I want to discuss with people I consider friends.

Last edited:

I was intimidated for quite a while after I signed up -- but it was more that I was intimidated by the friendships that had been fused already. What I didn't realize that simply going to events and staying active would create the same friendships for me.

now, there simply isn't a place I'd rather be to talk golf. I'm going noooowhere.

The joy to me is that THP can be whatever you want it to be...if you want to post 2000 times a month, you can, if you want to post 20 times a month, you can, and if you want to never sign-up and just read privately, that is fine too.

THP offers me exactly what I'm looking for and always has...a place to respectively talk about whatever I want to discuss with people I consider friends.

+10 captain

As long as I can access the internet!

I love that the douche-baggery is moderated and 99% of the threads remain civil. I don't think everyone understands how difficult it is to achieve that.

Being fairly new I'm looking forward to meeting more and more of you at events and gatherings.

I've been here almost 4 years now and have no intention of going away.

Umm, you tell me! hahaha

I find myself checking the threads when I have down time at work, or at home on my phone. I might not always have something to say, so I don't always post, just to post. I'm here for the long haul, I enjoy the core group of guys I find on here. I've made some great new friends in less than a year I've been here. I like the way the site it ran, and think there is MUCH more to come, and that excites me as well. You'll see me around, no doubt about that!

Alot of life left to live, but id like to think so!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Definitely in it for the long haul. Have made great friendships...even with groups that were already forged.

i'm pretty sure i'me here for the long haul. There's not a better golf forum on the internet, and while i've only been to one unofficial gathering so far, two more events this year (at least) and really looking forward to building on some lasting friendships.

Still trying to decide.......

I'm ALL IN!

To me, I can't imagine leaving THP just because there is no other place like it. I'm sure there will be points in my life where golf, and by extension, THP might be lower on my priority list, but certainly still hope to be around and at least somewhat active for the long haul.

I did notice the same thing that some left or really dropped their activity level, and wondered the same thing. The biggest surprise to me has been the number of MCers from 2013 who I haven't seen around as much. I don't know if that's typical after a big event, but just caught me by surprise a little.

I'm in until they kick me out.

Can I always be this active and can I always make so many events? Who knows, time will tell but this will always be where I go to chat with friends, discuss everything golf, etc.

No way you'd get me to leave this place. I've witnessed some of the evolution that has occurred here and am intrigued and excited for the future. #Family

Since the day I joined last summer I have lived here, This turn of the new year has had some hard times and with this terrible winter we've had, I haven't had any time to golf or even discuss it. Thankfully I have some buddies here that keep me in the loop enough to stay current on stuff coming up, but I haven't even been able to get to a range to test the 6 iron I was supposed to. Its been rough and depressing this winter and not golfing has made coming on here even harder to bear because I can't be out there. But I plan to be here as much as possible at all times. Guess I should get some thoughts up on the club..

While life for me is happening right now. I'm trying my hardest to stay active as much as possible but I had an internship that I have to focus on

Back