What drives you to keep playing?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Some people are driven by scores, some are driven by competition, Some are driven by the fun of the game and others are driven by the passion.

What drives you to keep playing?

The challenge of getting better for me. I am better than average at most things generally. Golf is not one of those things although I am getting there bit by bit. I enjoy seeing the results from the work put in and the tinkering. I also just like being on the course and seeing the scenery and enjoying the game with friends.

I love this stupid game. That's why I keep playing.

And since my wife plays it and loves it as much as I do, I will always have a golf partner. And when we retire, we'll work part time at a course so we don't have to worry about the expense.

I love the game and I want to be as good as I can be at it. My time on the course is time that I am truly happy and don't worry about so much that I typically do worry about all the time. So all together that, is what keeps me playing.

I love the game. It's an escape from everyday stress for me. On the course, I can get away from it all and just relax for a few hours.

As much as I want to become consistently better and is reason for motivation lets face it, being out on the course on a beautiful day by itself is awesome and relaxing and enjoyable. I am sad when a round comes to an end even if it was a long one or a poorly played one I always want to go around again. Its like being on a mini vacation every time I play. Its an escape from reality in many ways. Its like enjoying the finer things in life. But it also cost money like any other of the finer things in life which can be the down side. But it is what it is and bottom line is that its simply enjoyable.

Looking for that one phenomenal shot I seem to get each round that looks like a pro hit it. They make me smile the rest of the day. 180 yard par 3 over water, never even come close to GIR on it because it gets in my head, nailed the flag stick with the prettiest high draw 5i I've ever hit in my life. That shot got me through all the rest of the not so great shots until I hit another one similar.

I've never been a dope head etc but I can imagine seeing that ball flight and watching it nail the stick has got to be similar to a really good high for me lol. Makes me keep going and trying to improve more so I can get the feeling more.

I haven't done what I set out to do yet. Golf is the escape I need and at the same time it is not one.

I'm bad at golf, and it's hard. To that end, I love it.

I'm equally bad at bowling, and it's another very hard game, but I prefer to be outdoors. I spend enough time inside.

I'd say it is a little of all of those things. It is a wonderful game. Such a personal challenge. And spending a day on the course is a reward all in itself. Add to that the fact you can play it all your life, and watch Watson almost win a major at 59..and so many other aspects to golf...it is just easy to develop a passion for.

I first love the game itself, me against the course and then comes the camaraderie part whether it be playing with just my wife or playing with the guys in league and skins game. I love both. Playing with the guys it is more "no women and children allowed" if you know what I mean. Things can get a bit salty language wise and such. Its the guy "thing" and you need pretty thick skin with those I play with. With the wife it is different but still very good.

For me it's more about the quest for the perfect ball striking round than it is about handicap or score. I want to know I hit every shot perfectly on the clubface and that it did exactly what I wanted it to do. I'll never stop chasing it.

The desire to get better, score better and just the great times I have with friends on the course keep bringing me back for more.

I love this game it's simplicity yet difficulty.

I haven't gotten to where I want to be and probably never will. But that is part of the beauty of the game no matter how good you get there is always room for improvement.

Right now I'm being driven by a fantastic company in TaylorMade Golf and the support of an army of the finest people that I know.

Right now I'm being driven by a fantastic company in TaylorMade Golf and the support of an army of the finest people that I know.
That too....

#DoWorkDotCom

I woukd say it's passion for the game, combined with a desire to win. I am super competitive and love that I can be in golf.

I just simply love the game. Enjoying the outdoors in a beautiful, serene environment such as a golf course is definitely an added bonus as is getting good exercise by enjoying this environment on foot.

The exercise..and being out in nature. Even when I'm playing bad...I don't get angry at all anymore. Just happy to be there... And with that attitude , my last season was one of my best in a long long time

The challenge to reach my goal of getting to scratch and I love playing because every course is different and pose different challenges and looks.

The fact that I can get better. That I know I can do better. I know, that in theory, I can make a birdie on every single hole. I've done a birdie on every single hole on my home course, I needed a lot of rounds for that but still. I know that one day I will make more birdies than bogeys on a round, and after that there's always another goal.

The fun. It's just so fun.

The feeling of a perfect shot.

Golf is fun

I love the game. It's an escape from everyday stress for me. On the course, I can get away from it all and just relax for a few hours.

Same here!

I love golf - it's as simple as that. I love being able to get away from it all for a few hours, and being out on a beautiful course, and the feel of a well struck shot. I would be lying if I said that scores don't motivate me to get better, because they definitely do, but even if I didn't get any better over a few years I'd still be playing just cause I love it.

On the surface, I enjoy playing with friends, family, coworkers, etc. The time away from work and responsibility. Enjoying the scenery, the beers and the good times.

but silently I just want to kick everybody's ass lol

Back