Adams 2014 Pro Hybrid Review Thread

I have one shipping to me in a week or so, Adams provided all of our managers with one at our meeting. I am looking forward to trying it put and comparing it to the X2 Hot Pro.

I have one shipping to me in a week or so, Adams provided all of our managers with one at our meeting. I am looking forward to trying it put and comparing it to the X2 Hot Pro.

Very interested to hear your comparison

I love the look. Hints of older XTD, and a nod to the pro black. Definitely a club I'm excited to swing this year.

Great early thoughts guys!

I love the look. Hints of older XTD, and a nod to the pro black. Definitely a club I'm excited to swing this year.

Canadanacannon.

At the airport at the moment but here are some initial thoughts. ..
The face is very hot. Feel is as good as anything else in the market if not better. For a 20° hybrid, it is long. I am finding I hit this thing about 240 yds with full swing. On #8 par 4 yesterday, we chose shakeys drive that was down the middle and left about 220 to the hole. It was one of the #ownthesecondshot hole so we all had to hit our xtd pro hybrids for our second shot. With water on the right and bunkers guarding back middle pin from the right side, a fade was the play. Set up for about a 20yd fade, opened stance, opened face, and gave it a rip. Made center contact and managed to actually pull of a fade (draw/hook guy here). Overcooked just a bit on the fade and landed pin high but off 5yds the green to the right. The moral of the story is that shot was 220 with a 25yd fade. That is long for me. I have a titleist 913 hybo that was my gamer and it has the same exact shaft as this new one provided to me by Adams and THP (diamana s+ 82x). The 913 I played in my bag for a long time and it was my go to 250 club. THAT TITLIEIST HYBO IS 17°! The Adams pro hybrid is 20° and is seriously long. Here is the final kick... as long as it is, the distance is not the key selling point of this hybrid. The best feature of this club is the ease of which the ball gets up in the air! Adams commercials advertise "that was easy!" And they are not wrong.

when I get back home I will have a detailed review of the pro hybrid on the monitor and the course. Thanks for reading my long winded post

Kang, any thoughts on comparisons to the x2h?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The hybrid market is unique in that every company has something different to offer. This hybrid does match up in looks with any other hybrid on the market. Adams made sure that this will be in a class all it's own.

Kang, any thoughts on comparisons to the x2h?

I will have comparisons soon brother

Here is a strictly looks comparison...

Both great looking head covers!
yzy2y6y4.jpg

Size and shape are almost identical, stock length is same.
e5e4y3as.jpg

Callaway sole is a bit more rounded off from heel to toe
a4e4ygag.jpg

apu3ames.jpg

Now the most important view IMO. At address:
ypugu9u9.jpg

As can be seen in pictures, both hybrids have minimal offset, similar size heads, but the similarities end there

The x2hot pro has five full length grooves, short centered bottom groove (makes sense with rounded sole), and top groove that runs from toe to almost heel.

Adams pro hybrid has same 5 full length grooves and centered short bottom groove. The top grove on the adams pro hybrid is also centered and shorter than the bottom groove. What this does is provides the golfer with the perception of a larger face, providing the look of more loft, thus inpiring the golfer that it will be easy to get airborne like a higher lofted iron.

The slot technology is very visible on the adams pro hybrid and cannot be ignored. Personally I prefer the gunmetal finish of the x2hot but the murdered out pro hybrid is sexy as well

One final picture.
7e6u8uha.jpg

This was a big deal for me. As much as I wanted to love the 14.5° new tight lies, it just set up way too upright for me. My irons being anywhere from two to three degrees flat, and my main miss being a hook, the high toe at address made me feel like I really was going to hook it left. In the above picture the callaway x2hot set up significantly more upright than the adams pro. As I understand now after some enlightenment from the experts in Plano, TX adams hybrids feature a longer hosel allowing them to be bent. From stock specs the adams will set up better for flatter swings, x2hot better for more upright swings. Again this was a purely visual side by side comparisons of arguably the hottest hybrids in the market. Later this week when time allows I will update with performance comparisons for me on both monitor and on course

Thanks for the reviews, got to put this one on my try out list, love Adams hybrids.

I'm lovin' the comparisons, keep them coming!

I love the look of these the shape is great

Kang that was an excellent write up, those lie differences are extremely noticeable. These look to have a bit of a smaller profile than the Super S' from last year. That makes sense tho, since I imagine the Super S are more GI than these.

Kang that was an excellent write up, those lie differences are extremely noticeable. These look to have a bit of a smaller profile than the Super S' from last year. That makes sense tho, since I imagine the Super S are more GI than these.

Don't let the smaller profile fool you. The adams pro hybrid is really easy to hit. Gets up quick with a great mid flight with the s+ in it

As many others have said this club at 20* is delivering some distances. The engineering that went into this club and the patented "slot" are a big reason. I still want to hit this club more during the rounds at various distances, but early returns are very positive.

After my driver I want a club that is 220 max. I carry a 3 wood but typically only use that on tighter driving holes so I have a 17* AC hybrid that I have in the bag. This is my 190-220 club. The Adams Pro 20* gave me that distance. The part that struck me the most was how easy it is to hit. With a nice proper tempo'd swing I was getting 190 carry easy on the range. In fact Jank watched me hit several balls at the flag measuring 180 & the balls were carrying that easily.

I want a few more live rounds with this club, but as of right now it's kicking the 17* outbid the bag & has me looking at the 23* or 26* to add.

Kang, thanks for the comparison pics! One thing I noticed is the Adams appears to have a "sharper" leading edge. The profile just looks so nice and the A placement is great.

That is such a sweet club. You guys are lucky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was excited to get started with the Pro and after a few 8 irons to warm up on the range I started in with shots with this club. It was surprisingly easier to hit than I initially thought it would be. I did the homepage review on the Adams Super 9031 Proto and that thing suprised the heck out of me, this was the same in that respect. Much easier to hit than you would initally think.

First chance on the course was on hole 1, we had 200 to the stick and had to use our Adams Pro Hybrid, I don't know what I was thinking and I just took a full swing with it from this distance. I completely airmailed the green by a good 10 yards, the pin was 200 yards away and in front of a very deep green so I'm guessing my shot traveled in the neighborhood of 240 yards. I wasn't even mad that I airmailed the green, that was awesome!

I'll be honest, the rest of my shots for our #OwnTheSecondShot attempts were not great. A couple of them were from distances I felt comfortable with but for whatever reason I never really hit it that great to where I can give an honest answer on the performance. I'll be using it again much more as I continue up simulator golf league and once winter finally leaves and we get out for some golf!

I'll say that I love the looks and when struck solidly the sound and feel both stack up with any other hybrids I've ever hit. I definitely think this is a solid hybrid, I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

That is a great looking hybrid from Adams. Looking forward to all the reviews. So far it sounds like a bomber.

This is exactly what I was talking about. With insane distances out of these hybos, what's the point of carrying a fairway?

This is really true. I think it comes down to profile and swing type. Some people hit woods better. Some hybos. Adams has all their bases covered.

Without going back through the whole thread - can someone tell me what the weight is of the shaft?. I am REALLY having a problem with lightweight shafts in hybrids.

Without going back through the whole thread - can someone tell me what the weight is of the shaft?. I am REALLY having a problem with lightweight shafts in hybrids.

It's the ALDILA Tour Red and if it's like the Blue & Green hybrid offerings it's probably 85g.

It's the ALDILA Tour Red and if it's like the Blue & Green hybrid offerings it's probably 85g.

Now that is more in the area of what I am looking for... - thanks! My other hybrid that I hit much better is an older Adams A4 with a Javelyn 80g shaft in it - so I will be giving this one a try!

The nut of the story for me and the Adams Pro Hybrid is I'm just gonna need more time with it. I was able to hit 3 balls in my backyard on Saturday morning before we left for the course, another 6 balls on the range before heading to the first tee and then the shots on the course where we were required to use the hybrid for our #OwnTheSecondShot on the predetermined 6 holes. The only issue with the 6 holes was our Adams Rep Steve Nichols (awesome dude!) was hitting his new XTD driver so well that we couldn't pass up taking some of those shots which left us 150-160 yards into some of those holes. The others were par 5's where we were still too far out to hit a full hybrid or we were too close so had to punch a hybrid. It was pretty funny watching us hit half/knock down hybrids down the fairways.

I love the look of the hybrid. It's sleek and very appealing to the eye at address. In the few shots I did hit with the hybrid I did find that I was able to draw and fade the hybrid. That isn't always the case with other hybrids. The ball seems very hot off the face. One of the things I'm looking forward to is to compare my distance with the 20 degree to the other hybrids I currently have. I didn't get to use it off the tee either so am looking forward to those results.

Thank you to Adams Golf and THP for the opportunity to use and test this new hybrid out! So very cool of you to give us lucky 30 this opportunity.

Anxiously awaiting more reviews about this club. As a few others have inquired, I'd really like to see a comparison between the Pro Hybrid and the XTD Ti. Did the Adams folks in Texas elaborate on the differences between the clubs? Distance, ball flight forgiveness, etc.? I'm also curious to hear how other similar clubs stack up like the Wilson FG M3 Hybrid and the new Ping i25. I'll be watching this thread closely. Thanks all an congrats to those who had a chance to participate in the event.

The nut of the story for me and the Adams Pro Hybrid is I'm just gonna need more time with it. I was able to hit 3 balls in my backyard on Saturday morning before we left for the course, another 6 balls on the range before heading to the first tee and then the shots on the course where we were required to use the hybrid for our #OwnTheSecondShot on the predetermined 6 holes. The only issue with the 6 holes was our Adams Rep Steve Nichols (awesome dude!) was hitting his new XTD driver so well that we couldn't pass up taking some of those shots which left us 150-160 yards into some of those holes. The others were par 5's where we were still too far out to hit a full hybrid or we were too close so had to punch a hybrid. It was pretty funny watching us hit half/knock down hybrids down the fairways.

I love the look of the hybrid. It's sleek and very appealing to the eye at address. In the few shots I did hit with the hybrid I did find that I was able to draw and fade the hybrid. That isn't always the case with other hybrids. The ball seems very hot off the face. One of the things I'm looking forward to is to compare my distance with the 20 degree to the other hybrids I currently have. I didn't get to use it off the tee either so am looking forward to those results.

Thank you to Adams Golf and THP for the opportunity to use and test this new hybrid out! So very cool of you to give us lucky 30 this opportunity.

I will be very interested to hear more of your thoughts on the hybrid. Seeing how well you hit that SLDR. I know how you like to take Hybrid off the tee so I'm sure you will have plenty to say in the near future.

Back