Adams event - DFW - *extra rounds*

Status
Not open for further replies.
buma9ene.jpg

Was on this sheet of ice for 250 miles. Just stopped in Joplin, on the homestretch now :)

That's my home town!!! wave for me as you go bye! :) be safe!!!

Just nasty Shane. Take your time and sorry you're having to deal with that crap!

Finally home. The crazy drive was so worth it :) full recap tomorrow now it's bed time

Finally home. The crazy drive was so worth it :) full recap tomorrow now it's bed time

Good to hear you got home safely

Glad you are home safe and sound.

Man we lucked out with two beautiful days, but Sunday really turned ugly. My original flight out was 6pm. Had I waited, I think I'd still be there. Delta said I couldn't change my flight because every flight was sold out. I finally just went over to DFW, went to check in and asked if I could go early. The guy said all he could do is standby. There was a flight to ATL about every hour and a half. First one I made it #3 on the list...no go. Second one I was #5, moved to #2, and two people didn't show. We push back, go thru 30 minutes of de-icing, taxi out to #2 for t/o, and get shut down. No flights allowed Eastbound due to storm. Sit on the tarmac for another 30 minutes, and finally get a new flight plan South, then East under the storm. Finally made it home exhausted. But it was all worth it for those two great days with you guys and Adams. Looking forward to HHI.

Glad to see you made it home Ken. It was a great weekend and glad that you made it here to Texas. See you in two weeks.

Glad so many people have made it home safe so far. Heading out early tomorrow and hoping some of it clears out before we head north.

Man we lucked out with two beautiful days, but Sunday really turned ugly. My original flight out was 6pm. Had I waited, I think I'd still be there. Delta said I couldn't change my flight because every flight was sold out. I finally just went over to DFW, went to check in and asked if I could go early. The guy said all he could do is standby. There was a flight to ATL about every hour and a half. First one I made it #3 on the list...no go. Second one I was #5, moved to #2, and two people didn't show. We push back, go thru 30 minutes of de-icing, taxi out to #2 for t/o, and get shut down. No flights allowed Eastbound due to storm. Sit on the tarmac for another 30 minutes, and finally get a new flight plan South, then East under the storm. Finally made it home exhausted. But it was all worth it for those two great days with you guys and Adams. Looking forward to HHI.

Good that you finally made it home. See you again in Indy!

Good that you finally made it home. See you again in Indy!

Thanks buddy. It was great hanging with you and Doug this weekend. I told Doug that on our DotCom team messaging line, but forgot that's private and no one else can see it.

Jake and Jesse have begun their adventure back up North. Let's all send them some good safe mojo for their trip today. Good Luck guys! Be safe!

safe travels fellas

Glad everyone is safe so far, I'm seeing on the news this morning that many people are stuck on I 45 south between Dallas and Houston and have literally been stuck there over 12 hours due to ice and they're in a stretch where there are no stores gas stations or anything. Which leads me to this question for someone much smarter than I am, which includes everyone. Last year there was a story on the news during our hot dry stretch that left running, a car with the heat from the engine and the exhaust can start a grass fire. So why is that true, but a line of cars running for hours can't melt ice on the road?

Jake and Jesse have begun their adventure back up North. Let's all send them some good safe mojo for their trip today. Good Luck guys! Be safe!

Safe trip back boys & good mojo heading your way to get home safe & sound.

Mojo for for safe travels!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

u2etureq.jpg

Gonna be awhile. Hoping we can get home by 1 this morning

Adams event - DFW - *extra rounds*

Glad everyone is safe so far, I'm seeing on the news this morning that many people are stuck on I 45 south between Dallas and Houston and have literally been stuck there over 12 hours due to ice and they're in a stretch where there are no stores gas stations or anything. Which leads me to this question for someone much smarter than I am, which includes everyone. Last year there was a story on the news during our hot dry stretch that left running, a car with the heat from the engine and the exhaust can start a grass fire. So why is that true, but a line of cars running for hours can't melt ice on the road?

Catalytic converters get extremely hot and can start a grass fire it it sits there for a long time. Cars rolling over ice are not sitting there long enough to melt the ice also add in the fact it is in the teens and it won't happen.

Safe travel guys. I'm still stuck in Chicago. No flight until 7PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish it was golf season, I'd pick you up and go play! Safe travels

u2etureq.jpg

Gonna be awhile. Hoping we can get home by 1 this morning

Where are you guys at Jesse? Roads in OK have been pretty clear so far, but the Texas roads were pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back