Describe your bad round.

Golferbest

Reaction score
Handicap
Through playing golf ive seen many people say they had a bad round. Some of these I would have taken and been jumping up and down.
Some have said they had a great round where in my head I just didnt see how.
Whether its the number you turn in. The amount of OB. The amount of duffed shots evwn though you shot your average score.
What does it take for a round to be considered bad to you?

Putting up a bad score but having a good time :thumb:

Describe my bad round??? every one but having a blast trying to break 100, I tend to shoot around a 48 the 1st 9 then my back kicks in and I start topping the ball and shoot about a 65.

On paper, every round save a few have been "bad rounds". I make mistakes on just about every hole, either because I was an idiot and didn't play the correct shot, or my swing mechanics are about as well-honed as a baby learning to walk. I am waiting for the day where I card a score that I am "happy with". For me that'll be sub-100. Though to be honest, I'm generally pleased with getting close to that benchmark right now.

Three putting twice. Once, I can live with that, but twice, it usually means I'm not playing good.

A good round for me is determined by my ball-striking, not necessarily my score.

Our Friday round at the Chicago Invitational was a bad round. Ugh. I still cringe in memory of that. Basically a mix of high score, terrible shots, a handful of bladed bunker shots, etc. Enjoyed the company, but I was pretty bummed about the way I played for awhile after that.

Three putting twice. Once, I can live with that, but twice, it usually means I'm not playing good.

So 3 putting twice on the front and say shooting a 74 total is a bad round?
No calling you out, your just thebfirst that didnt mention score..

Describe your bad round.

A good round for me is determined by my ball-striking, not necessarily my the score.

Same for me . I have had a few rounds lately where I am striking the ball well and not going low with my scoring . Putting, wedge shots and chipping has been killing my scores. Unfortunately no matter how well you are striking the ball, you score with the green side shots. In defense the weather has brought a lot of the wet and sloshy stuff which is my weakness playing golf.

Describe your bad round.

So 3 putting twice on the front and say shooting a 74 total is a bad round?
No calling you out, your just thebfirst that didnt mention score..

If I three putt often there's something off, and it reflects to the long game quite a lot, I end up with a score somewhere around 87-92. Good rounds are 76-80. Ok / I can live with 80-85. Bad..86+. Excellent rounds 75 and under.

My putting average is 1.7 per hole, three putts are quite rare during the summer time when the green are true and nice, butt some days the ball just won't go in.

But yeah...three putting twice on the front and ending with 74...not a bad round :)

I just don't see that happening. I did play a 73 four putting a par three, but I did get the remaining 17 holes with 2 or less putts. :D

I'm also of the opinion that bad ball striking = a bad round. One of my better league rounds in 2013 was a night that I shot 39--without hitting one good shot all night (outside of scrambling, and putting…ok).

All of them lately!!

A bad round for me is not hitting the ball consistently and spraying it everywhere

A good round for me is determined by my ball-striking, not necessarily my score.

Let me clarify further. I'd rather have a round of good pure strikes where maybe I've got around 36 putts
than a round where I'm regularly scrambling for par or bogey because of poor shots and my short game saves my score.

In my bad rounds, I almost always get steep and start hitting the ball extremely fat, but off the tee, I start topping the ball.

If I am playing golf it's never a bad round. But for me if I know the course I am playing I consider it a bad round when I dont take advantage of scoring opportunities. This local muni by my house plays short the first 5 holes then opens up. I try to play that no more than 3 over because I know that hole 6 and 7 are very long par 4's. 8 has a crazy dogleg left that has trouble all around if you dont make it. Then it opens up for a few more holes.

If I am playing an unfamiliar course I try to limit 3 putts, hero shots, and OB. I have finally reached a point that I won't lose a ball for the entire round. So if I start losing balls I consider that a bad round

Describe your bad round.

One additional piece of vital information:

Bad round doesn't mean I won't have fun and enjoy.

Also a good shot on the last hole can wipe all the bad shots away!

In my bad rounds, I almost always get steep and start hitting the ball extremely fat, but off the tee, I start topping the ball.

Yep. This is me. As soon as I start topping tee balls and/or chunking irons I know it's gonna be a terrible round. Topped three shots on the 2nd hole on Sunday, and predictably it was one of my worst rounds score-wise in several years (great company though!). Also if I have more than 2 or 3 three jacks, then it means my speed is off and it's gonna be a rough day on the greens (luckily, this didn't happen Sunday).

If you're talking a score threshold, then 95+ is bad, bad news. Low 90's isn't great, but I can live with it.

If I hit less than 6 GIR it's going be a bad score probably. I'm usually strong enough with my driver to average 10 fairways per round, putting is usually decent but not good if I card less than 32 putts that's a good number.

1 over through 16 in total control, throw one in the water on 17....round over

The round after a bachelor party 2 years ago and had the runs. Drank whiskey until 5 am and had a 8am tee time. Worse round of my life.

In my bad rounds....I usually have one of two things happen. The most common, is that I pull out a quad on one hole and play everything else a couple over. I'll usually be at 78 or 79 with a triple or quad. Just kills me. The second thing that'll happen for my bad round is that I hit bad tee shots....which end up making me punch out or lay up...and it's a bogey day all around for me.

If I could get off the tee consistently about 260....Life would be grand. Hopefully the GolfTec lessons are the answer.

The round after a bachelor party 2 years ago and had the runs. Drank whiskey until 5 am and had a 8am tee time. Worse round of my life.

anchorman-immediately-regret-decision.jpg

Running out of Single Malt cause I forgot to refill my flask, or smokes cause I thought I had another pack in my bag!

Through playing golf ive seen many people say they had a bad round. Some of these I would have taken and been jumping up and down.
Some have said they had a great round where in my head I just didnt see how.
Whether its the number you turn in. The amount of OB. The amount of duffed shots evwn though you shot your average score.
What does it take for a round to be considered bad to you?

Anything over 40 to 42 per nine or a blow up hole like a snowman or something that kills an otherwise good round.

Back