Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Oh is this little thing next week? :alien:

I'm actually looking forward to next weekend. Just a week ago I was thinking about giving up my spot because I couldn't swing a club but with some treatment I am feeling pretty good now.

I do foresee a lot of 3 woods off the tee though. I haven't been in to finish my fitting on my Bio Cell so I won't have it in hand, my Amp Cell stripped the adaptor and I don't get along very well with the lightweight shaft in my R1.

But from looking at the pictures, hitting 3 wood on a lot of these holes probably isn't a bad idea.

Man it's getting close, great golf, great course, and great people. All of that makes for more memorable THP times!

I'm actually looking forward to next weekend. Just a week ago I was thinking about giving up my spot because I couldn't swing a club but with some treatment I am feeling pretty good now.

I do foresee a lot of 3 woods off the tee though. I haven't been in to finish my fitting on my Bio Cell so I won't have it in hand, my Amp Cell stripped the adaptor and I don't get along very well with the lightweight shaft in my R1.

But from looking at the pictures, hitting 3 wood on a lot of these holes probably isn't a bad idea.

I "may" have a Amp cell you could take out that weekend, depends on delivery of an adapter.

I "may" have a Amp cell you could take out that weekend, depends on delivery of an adapter.

how may clubs do you have laying around? ...i have a feeling your basement looks like a golf galaxy lol

how may clubs do you have laying around? ...i have a feeling your basement looks like a golf galaxy lol

That one is my brothers actually.

My herd is pretty darn thin at the moment, just a few more things I have to move and I'll pretty much be tapped out

I'm excited as I will be prepping for the trip in one week. I got two lessons scheduled before the trip begins to fine tune something's and hopefully find a driver shaft that will do for the weekend.

I watched the course flyby last night. Going to be challenging! Can't wait!

I'm excited as I will be prepping for the trip in one week. I got two lessons scheduled before the trip begins to fine tune something's and hopefully find a driver shaft that will do for the weekend.

2 Titleist shafts in the basement, hopefully 1 works....we will have plenty of range time available Friday to find out!

I'm looking forward to seeing the team pairings and I'm not even in the event :blob: :thumb:

I watched the course flyby last night. Going to be challenging! Can't wait!

Yeah, I bet it will be challenging with all that nature you're never going to see while you're in the middle of the fairway all day. Poor guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the team pairings and I'm not even in the event :blob: :thumb:

how soon before the event are they announced? or are they the day of the events?

how soon before the event are they announced? or are they the day of the events?

typically before the event, my guess would be sometime after GG and JB return and get things situated back at HQ

Yeah, I bet it will be challenging with all that nature you're never going to see while you're in the middle of the fairway all day. Poor guy.

Not everyone is a nature lover like me. I like taking short walks in the woods and the amount of new plant and wildlife you can see while watching the ground intently and kicking over the leaves and pine straw is amazing.

Some just can't appreciate that and have to stay in the short grass. Maybe they're scared of getting their shoes dirty or something? They just don't know what they're missing.

typically before the event, my guess would be sometime after GG and JB return and get things situated back at HQ

got ya im interested in the INDY teams as well beacause im going ...do they do it by combined handicap or something to keep the teams even?

I am pumped. Got the irons back yesterday, opened my new amp cell hybrid and put the head on my 3 wood. I'm ready to go

got ya im interested in the INDY teams as well beacause im going ...do they do it by combined handicap or something to keep the teams even?

It will be setup in a way that is very fair.
And I thought I read somewhere that JB said that some changes will be in made to kick things up a notch.

You will have to wait and see :)

But they certainly strive to make the teams as even and balanced as humanly possible with the information they have

Shhh... Barry is in sandbagger mode.

:Alien

Enjoying reading this thread even though I'm not in the event.

Looking forward to seeing the pairings so I can start uselessly pondering how the pairings in Lake Charles will be set up.

Not everyone is a nature lover like me. I like taking short walks in the woods and the amount of new plant and wildlife you can see while watching the ground intently and kicking over the leaves and pine straw is amazing.

Some just can't appreciate that and have to stay in the short grass. Maybe they're scared of getting their shoes dirty or something? They just don't know what they're missing.

I look at it in much the same way and I think of it this way, I paid to see the whole course not just the fairway.

I look at it in much the same way and I think of it this way, I paid to see the whole course not just the fairway.

"Anyone can play golf from the fairway, I prefer to give myself a proper challenge"- Michigan Slice

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately I haven't been getting along with my 3w off the tee for years now. My am just about to pull it out of the bag. In search of a new 3w stat.

Fairway Barry as he's referred to in these here parts! He's as legendary as sasquatch but more handsome!

Back