Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

• Above my feet

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Below my feet

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
What's the harder lie for you to hit off of... a ball below you feet or a ball above your feet?

For me I think its the ball above my feet. I have a tendency to pull it left if I make good contact & often hit it thin because I'm guarding against hit it fat.

When the ball is below my feet, I feel like I can just stand a little closer to the ball & take more of an upright swing.

Below for me. I can never seem to stay down enough and hit it thin.

Above I've had great success with - likely helps that I have such a flat swing.

Hmmm. Both are difficult. I'd say below the feet for me. It's a shot that puts me in an uncomfortable posture and really relies on staying down all the way through.

I tend to pull off the below my feet shot better.

Below my feet is harder for me. Not that above my feet is any walk in the park either though…

I always struggle with below my feet. Above I don't seem to have trouble with.

Above, never seem to choke down enough to make a good pass at the ball

For me I would take the ball above me feet any time over a ball below my feet.

below. definitely. gotta stand closer to the ball, and whenever i do that, it gets nasty.

Above for me. With my tendency to hook if I miss, sets up very difficult

Below my feet is the harder of the 2.

Above Im at least getting the darn thing airborn, when its below its usually worm burner city

Above for me.

If it is below, it is supposed to have a tendency to move right, and it almost always does.

If it is above, it is supposed to have a tendency to go to the left. I am not sure how far left if it does go left, and half the time it still goes right!

I don't have any problem making contact with either lie, but for sake of knowing where it is going I have to say I am more comfortable with it below my feet.

Ball above my feet is the harder of the two. Below my feet I dont have that much of a problem with.

I find both about equal in difficulty, success and failure. And most of my failure comes from over compensating for the fade or draw that is suppose to be caused by these type of lies.

Choke down or squat down... Hmm, depends on the day I guess. If it's warm out I like hitting the squat down shot better.

I have to say above my feet is harder for me.

Below is definitely more difficult. I don't have too much of a problem hitting the ones above my feet solid, although sometimes I have a challenging time with how much I should adjust my line. Below the feet though, I have to be really careful to avoid thinning it badly.

For me its below my feet by far. I often struggle to adjust when it's below my feet

Below. No question, almost always a thin shot that goes farther right than I expect.

Below. You can always choke up on a club.

For me it's above my feet. I'd take a below my feet any day of the week. Above? Ugh, stupid lie.

Below my feet is way harder for me

Depends on how much below or above. I the ball is way below it is easier for me than if the ball is way above. If it's just a little, then it's easier when the ball is above and vice versa.

Below is harder for me as I often have difficulty staying down on the ball on these shots. Also, above typically yields right to left ball flight which I am used to hitting from flat lies.

Back