Scotty Cameron putters

Oh man the before was brutal. Nice touch up Hawk. May I ask how?

CLR killed the Honey finish in about 20 minutes along with some 0000 steel wool to polish it up. Very easy.

That came out great Hawk. Not a fan of the original finish at all--regardless of condition.

CLR killed the Honey finish in about 20 minutes along with some 0000 steel wool to polish it up. Very easy.
Cool...I wonder if I could turn my GoLo into a silver/chrome putter with a similar method.

Hawk, that is a very clean job man. Nice work.

JM

Geez that looks great. I love seeing what people can do to clubs.

Thanks for the comments guys. It turned out nicely. Fun putter to roll the ball with too. I like high toes and I like plumbers necks, so it's one that I can have a little fun with.

I don't know why it would make a difference beyond personal preference. I have the SuperStroke on both my Niki Method (blade) and my Ping Scottsdale Shea (Mallet) and it enhances putting with both. Haven't put one on a scotty yet, but am considering buying a scotty with a SuperStroke 3.0 on it..
I've got a superstroke 3.0 slim on my new SC GoLo (yes its a mallet) and it feels great. I don't see where it would make a difference if on a mallet, blade or anser-style putter.

CLR is a genius idea. I've been using KaBoom to clean most of my clubs, but I could see how CLR would work for the hard stuff. Looks fantastic!

I should say that's a stainless putter, so don't go messing anything up guys. I just read on the internet that CLR would remove that particular finish on this series.

Did a little finish work on this California Monterey and it came out really nice. Originally had the Honey Dipped finish and was in pretty bad shape.

Hiding the before pics in spoilers because it's ugly. Very ugly.

Spoiler

The after looks really good! I may have to send you mine to work on :)

Hawk.... You did a really good job

KG

Just Tapping Away

This putter + a Cally Supersoft ball makes for one crazy soft sounding combo. I took it to the place I practiced over the weekend to get in a more open-air setting and was really surprised at how it sounded/felt. Made some nice putts with it too. I'll be putting it in the bag off and on this year, along with three other starters.

DSCN4238-L.jpg

As luck would have it, I snagged a Cameron Monterey this morning. Couldn't remember whose I saw previously, popped into this thread and it hit me. Hawk's putter. Of course. That is where I saw it.

Nevertheless, excited to snag this putter, that is in similar shape to how Hawk's was in the beginning. First thought is to refinish it now. Snagged a stupid deal, and had it in hand 20 minutes later.

Bh-WcJECYAE28Se.jpg

Niiiice! Does it have that honey dipped finish on it?

I believe it does. Finish is pretty worn out in spots.

Right on. You can use CLR man. Soak it for 20 minutes or so. Then take some 0000 Steel Wool and clean it off. Comes off pretty easy!

How deep is the milling on the face on yours Hawk? Mine you can tell there is milling, but it is nowhere near as deep as my SeeMore or Clevelands it seems.

Right on. You can use CLR man. Soak it for 20 minutes or so. Then take some 0000 Steel Wool and clean it off. Comes off pretty easy!

Did you strip the paint out before doing the CLR? Did you pull the weights out of yours as well before doing all this?

Looks great Hawk!! Nice work! This has me thinking I might get my Del Mar out this weekend?!

Definitely will be rolling the Scotty my wife got me as a wedding present on a few occasions this year

teny9aha.jpg

jequ4eme.jpg

etadeva4.jpg

Wish I could get a deeper milling in the face

Thanks Jeff. The custom shop did a great job with it when we sent it there

Thanks Jeff. The custom shop did a great job with it when we sent it there

My Studio Select Newport 2.6 is heading there soon. I like that blue. I've been pondering color schemes for mine.

Looking good Joe. Something about the blue paintfill that looks cleaner than the red IMO.

Back