The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I agree dude his swing looked excellent yesterday, his putter was better that it has been in years. I think he wins today.

Tiger of old yesterday especially with that putter. If he gets off to a fast start, watch out.

I can look up the scores too. 27 golfers finishing under par is near half the field. In a new golf course they have never seen.
Compared to the 1st 2 days, that is exactly what I said. That weather played a bigger role than people are discussing.
Nowhere was it said that it was an easy test, just that the weather was a bigger role and it certainly did. Read what was said after day 1 and day 2 and it was about the course. The conditions were out of this world tough. Then after day 3, the talk was that the course became fair because the weather returned to normal.

6+ birdie rounds (which was done by more than 1).

I definitely agree about the weather, it was brutally windy down there and any shaped shot was exaggerated lol. It was eating up some awesome players.

I agree dude his swing looked excellent yesterday, his putter was better that it has been in years. I think he wins today.

Tiger of old yesterday especially with that putter. If he gets off to a fast start, watch out.

You guys are hysterical. The last few weeks you had him with new swing coaches and dead and buried. One round and he is back?

FWIW, I said he would win last week and still thought so after Friday, but I am just surprised with what we saw last year and so far this year that a single round changed the perception of two guys that follow him so much and know the golf swing so well.

You guys are hysterical. The last few weeks you had him with new swing coaches and dead and buried. One round and he is back?

FWIW, I said he would win last week and still thought so after Friday, but I am just surprised with what we saw last year and so far this year that a single round changed the perception of two guys that follow him so much and know the golf swing so well.

Who said he was back. His swing looked good yesterday as did his putter. Nothing more. I still think he is lost as I said the other day. It is possible to be objective about TW. And fwiw, the moves I saw yesterday didn't resemble his Foley moves of late.

Lol, he isn't back, he still can't hit a wedge near the hole on a regular basis, LMAO! all we were saying is his swing looked good and if he comes out swinging like that today, he'll win.

And you did call it, you said he would win and I think he does if he's swinging well.

Did you guys see him throw the ball to the blonde? Tiger maybe on the prowl!

Did you guys see him throw the ball to the blonde? Tiger maybe on the prowl!

Perhaps that is all he needed. It clearly worked for him for a decade prior.

Lol you're a trip.

I'm hysterical for saying his swing looked good yesterday but he tosses a ball to a blind and he is creeping on his girl. Now that's funny...

I'm hysterical for saying his swing looked good yesterday but he tosses a ball to a blind and he is creeping on his girl. Now that's funny...

Simmer down dude. I think if you go back and read this thread, you will see what I was speaking of. I wont get into it here, but while tone is hard to define on the forum, its not always a gray area for TW fans.

Who said he was back. His swing looked good yesterday as did his putter. Nothing more. I still think he is lost as I said the other day. It is possible to be objective about TW. And fwiw, the moves I saw yesterday didn't resemble his Foley moves of late.

I noticed that too aswell did the commentators on Sky Sports.

Simmer down dude. I think if you go back and read this thread, you will see what I was speaking of. I wont get into it here, but while tone is hard to define on the forum, its not always a gray area for TW fans.

I think you live for the gray area, JB. :laughing:

I understood right away what you were talking about. Quite a few wanted Foley's head on the block and the tone was more along the lines of Tiger is never going to play well again. FWIW, i still want Foley gone.

As far as Tiger being back, I dont understand where he goes. He won 5 times last year, finish in the top 5 in how many majors, led the FedEx until the very end and won golfer of the year. He's had what, 4 tournaments this a year, and because he hasn't played well, he lost it? That right there is hilarious to me. And before someone's fingers get angry and start firing away at me because you think I'm talking about you, I'm not talking about you. So relax just a bit, it's only the interwebs. I'm talking about the general opinion of Tiger's play by the media. If this is Tiger going and coming, then where did Phil go? When is Bradley coming back? Has Adam Scott lost it? It's a bit of hyperbole, but I hope my point is clear. People need to realize that the Tiger of 2000-2009 is never coming back. He's older, the players are better now, courses have been changed, etc. It's tough to watch greatness fade, but it happens.

He looked amazing yesterday. Maybe he rolls into the final round with confidence and makes one of the Tiger charges of old. Or he doesn't. Either way, still one of the greatest that ever played.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

the thing that separates tiger from the rest is that golfing mojo/momentum. i was at Firestone when he was on 59 watch and he just keeps the mo going somehow. other guys get on a roll but tigers rolls turn into avalanches.

One round. He has one good round out of 3. Not quite time to give him the trophy. This is the second tournament this year that he's shot lights out for one round. He was holing putts from outside of anyone's normal range. That happens sometimes, but it's not something that can be expected. He has to start putting his wedges closer to the hole so that he doesn't have to make all of those long putts. He should be inside of 10 feet more often if he's really back on his game.

There has to be more consistency before I can feel that he's truly back in form. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but I just don't know.

One round. He has one good round out of 3. Not quite time to give him the trophy. This is the second tournament this year that he's shot lights out for one round. He was holing putts from outside of anyone's normal range. That happens sometimes, but it's not something that can be expected. He has to start putting his wedges closer to the hole so that he doesn't have to make all of those long putts. He should be inside of 10 feet more often if he's really back on his game.

There has to be more consistency before I can feel that he's truly back in form. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but I just don't know.

Who said he was back?!

Who said he was back?!

The way I read it he was just making a general statement from his observations, not calling anyone out at all.

This thread is funny.

The way I read it he was just making a general statement from his observations, not calling anyone out at all.

This thread is funny.

On that note, I'm out

Would not be surprised at all to see him with the trophy at the end of the day.

This happened right under the eye of an official so I don't intend this to be an allegation that Tiger got away with breaking a rule. However, I'm curious about the golf rule related to replacing the ball in the sand. (For those who didn't see it, two balls were next to each other. Player one hit, they raked the sand and Tiger was instructed where to place his ball. The official apparently told him he had it in the wrong spot and he eventually moved it a spot like two balls two away). Did you guys notice that Tiger rolled his ball in the sand to get it in the right spot? I thought you weren't allowed to do that, that you had to lift and place. Anyone know the rule?

This happened right under the eye of an official so I don't intend this to be an allegation that Tiger got away with breaking a rule. However, I'm curious about the golf rule related to replacing the ball in the sand. (For those who didn't see it, two balls were next to each other. Player one hit, they raked the sand and Tiger was instructed where to place his ball. The official apparently told him he had it in the wrong spot and he eventually moved it a spot like two balls two away). Did you guys notice that Tiger rolled his ball in the sand to get it in the right spot? I thought you weren't allowed to do that, that you had to lift and place. Anyone know the rule?

I had it on but wasn't paying close attention. I seen him roll it some and actually looked like he pushed in down a little. I just assumed he had to recreate the lie to the best of his ability and that's why there was a roll with some pressure. Idk.

You can't take your hand off the ball or it counts as an improper drop. I think*

Tap Tap Taparoo

You can't take your hand off the ball or it counts as an improper drop. I think*

Tap Tap Taparoo

If you don't take your hand off the ball, isn't that placing the ball? hehehe

Back