What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're still going to give me like 8 shots when we play on Sunday in HHI, right? Anything under 90 will be a good round for me given how rusty I am.

Careful -- the last time I had to give someone eight strokes, I was playing the Clive Course at The Hideaway.

(Admittedly, right now I'm not nearly the golfer I was that day.)

41-43 for 84 today. Missed some easy putts or would have broken 80. Missed only two fairways all day and was pretty good on the greens. Approach game needs to improve and hit only one mid iron all day.

Not bad!

Played Langara on Friday. Shot an 87 which was the first time I have broken 90 and it was my first time golfing this season. Lets just say it was a nice feeling especially since it was soaking wet and I probably should have played 5-8 shots less!

Shot a 79 today should have been lower but greens were so soft could not get any release on the greens

Yesterday I clawed, scratched and fought my way to a 102. I had shanks, I had pulls, I had topped shots. I also had some great wedge shots and one-putts. After the round I decided I had to go to the range and see if I could figure what all I was doing. First ball is with the driver and it goes dead straight exactly where I was aiming. I grab some irons and I'm peppering flags all over the range with high push draws. I hate this game.

45 and 45 for a 90 with 32 putts. This is the closest Ive been to old form in almost two years and with HHI coming up Im glad things are finally clicking a bit. The biggest thing is my wedge game came back in force today. I had some good up and downs. One bad decision on a par 3 probably cost me 4 strokes and I really should have been around 86-87 with the way I was hitting the ball. The putter was good but not great. I wasnt being to aggressive and left a few short. All and all I am happy to see all the practice and rounds finally paying some dividends and to think I almost decided not to play today.

I shot a 58/45 for a 103 and 45 putts total(26/19), 13 stoke swing between the front and back 7 coming from putts alone, guessing on yardages to the green lead to me coming up short a couple times and wedge game feel started coming back towards the end of the round. Highlight was I kept driver in play with only 2 bad drives and a total of 3 bad tee shots total, I only had 1 penalty today and that came from a bad 3wd off the tee, also almost drove a 270-280 yard par 4 with all carry but missed about 6 yds right.

I'm a little disappointed especially after the range session I had before going to the course but I know taking the swing to the course will take a couple rounds to feel confident in it.

1 penalty stroke is solid

That putt number will obviously come down big time so right there is low 90s

Yesterday I clawed, scratched and fought my way to a 102. I had shanks, I had pulls, I had topped shots. I also had some great wedge shots and one-putts. After the round I decided I had to go to the range and see if I could figure what all I was doing. First ball is with the driver and it goes dead straight exactly where I was aiming. I grab some irons and I'm peppering flags all over the range with high push draws. I hate this game.

That is certainly not like you Greg. We all have those rounds now and then. Just blow it off bro and come back another day and shoot lights out.

What did you shoot today?

My bad, Post in the wrong thread :laughing:

Got out for another round today on a beautiful day in Georgia. Course conditions have not caught up with the weather, however, and fairways were still very wet. Rough start with a 44 on the front. A little better on the back with 41 for an 85. It's not a great score, but, I was not that concerned with that today. No money was on the line, and I was testing TaylorMade CB irons, and demoing a Callaway Big Bertha Driver. I did hit 12 of 14 fairways with the Bertha, and the other two were just off in the first cut. GIR were only 7, though and putting was very mediocre at 35 putts and two 3 jacks. A lesson tomorrow and badly needed range time. Another round on Tuesday and then off to Hilton Head, hopefully with some game.

I sprained my left thumb on the range before my round on Saturday. It was the 3rd full swing with the wedge and I stubbed it on the dang mat.
Gawd I hate hitting from mats !!!

I had quite a bit of pain on every swing and even resorted to a baseball grip that helped a little. That and a handful of ibuprofen allowed me to shoot 83.
Not bad considering it was the first round of 2014 and the sprained thumb. If I had been playing close to home, I wouldn't have played, but the wife and I had driven 2 hours and 30 minutes south to get out of the snow and play golf.

1 penalty stroke is solid

That putt number will obviously come down big time so right there is low 90s

Yeah down to 1 from the 5-6 I would average last season is huge, today's came from a botched 3wd off the tee.

The putts will drop and if I get back to my avg last yr of 33 that's 12 strokes, knowing the # into the green 3-4 strokes, and easily 3-4 botched wedges. So it should could have been mid 80's which I will see soon.

Lots of bright points today though in prep for HHI!

Yeah down to 1 from the 5-6 I would average last season is huge, today's came from a botched 3wd off the tee.

The putts will drop and if I get back to my avg last yr of 33 that's 12 strokes, knowing the # into the green 3-4 strokes, and easily 3-4 botched wedges. So it should could have been mid 80's which I will see soon.

Lots of bright points today though in prep for HHI!

Plus you were practically playing winter golf

Plus you were practically playing winter golf

Truth!!! 42 as the high with 10-15 winds and a 100 balls at the range before hand.

I can't say enough that I'm happy happy with today's round, lots of good came out of it as well as confidence for HHI and the season ahead.

86...played like crap and honestly not sure how I kept it under 90.

81. nothing good to speak of. Contemplating learning to play left handed. Have not been able to make a full swing without a good bit of pain in my upper left arm for several months now. Has gotten worse over the past month and now it is negatively impacting my swing. Do everything else in the world left handed so why not try golf.

After my round with kc720 was called off due to residual snow, I scoured the Denver are looking for a decent tee time. Got off on Fitzsimons GC (muni) with my buddy. We got paired with two really good guys and had a great time. Was erratic as all hell though. I didn't have a consistent miss off the tee all day. Luckily there isn't much trouble on that course and I limped around to a 39/42 - 81 (+10), 6 FIR, 5 GIR, and 31 putts. I only hit one decent iron shot but luckily my greenside game and putting was was keeping me in it. Green were really strange. Really fast but barely broke at all. Great to get my first round of the year out of the way though. Need some range time BAD.

86...played like crap and honestly not sure how I kept it under 90.

Chin up you got to play :) we all have off days.

81. nothing good to speak of. Contemplating learning to play left handed. Have not been able to make a full swing without a good bit of pain in my upper left arm for several months now. Has gotten worse over the past month and now it is negatively impacting my swing. Do everything else in the world left handed so why not try golf.

Hate to hear about the arm hope it doesn't effect you too much come the weekend

Hate to hear about the arm hope it doesn't effect you too much come the weekend

Thanks Jason. Going to get a push in the coming weeks to try that as opposed to carrying my bag. Wondering if that is not hurting matters. Hate riding in a cart but the one time I did a couple of weeks ago in a tournament, it seemed it did not bother me as much. Friday and Saturday in a cart will be the tell tell.

I blew out a smooth 83 yesterday with 2 doubles and 2 triples lol. I hit 5 fairways and 4 greens and as funny as this sounds I was very happy with what I was seeing out of the swing, I was expecting a much bigger number. The Heritage Club in Pawleys island just beats you to death hole after hole, it's an endurance course.

I blew out a smooth 83 yesterday with 2 doubles and 2 triples lol. I hit 5 fairways and 4 greens and as funny as this sounds I was very happy with what I was seeing out of the swing, I was expecting a much bigger number. The Heritage Club in Pawleys island just beats you to death hole after hole, it's an endurance course.

That's a really fun course. But, if you get off track your score will show it!

Now the 83 makes sense, you have to be dead straight all day to survive there. Any deviation is no bueno

Now the 83 makes sense, you have to be dead straight all day to survive there. Any deviation is no bueno

Remind me to never play that course.

Remind me to never play that course.

It's actually a pretty nice track, John. It's no pushover, by any means, but usually in fine condition and fun to play. It's not too far from True Blue and Caledonia, so we throw it into the mix frequently during our annual trip to Myrtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back