Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

If I get these they're going to be -1/4 under my clubs now. Will it make a big difference in distance?

1/4 under standard length

I don't see that impacting distance all that much, but that's just me. Worst case, go grab some irons shaft plugs and some quick set epoxy. It'll take one youTube video, some patience, and you shaking your head when 1/4 of an inch is looking back at you hahaha!

I think the dpc lofts are 1* stronger than my titleists. I want something new, forgiving, forged and something longer heel to toe than my titleists.

I think the dpc lofts are 1* stronger than my titleists. I want something new, forgiving, forged and something longer heel to toe than my titleists.

The DPC fits that bill exactly IMO

Katt, if you are going from blades to these, I imagine your going to love the added forgiveness.
Do as I did, read through this thread, get people's impressions of the club, the vast majority absolutely love them!
I tried them on a whim a couple weeks ago, I fell in love, I now own a set.

I'm sure you'd love the DPC's also!

Found a set online. 4-PW. New. $639. Hmmmm......

Found a set online. 4-PW. New. $639. Hmmmm......
A member in another thread just indicated they are going to put a set up for sale. Look for the "where to go from DPC's" thread. Maybe you can work out a deal.

A member in another thread just indicated they are going to put a set up for sale. Look for the "where to go from DPC's" thread. Maybe you can work out a deal.

Thanks ;)

What is the tip size of these if I go the re-shafting route?

Thanks ;)

What is the tip size of these if I go the re-shafting route?
.355. I believe they are tapered, too. It really is extremely easy to do the shafts yourself. If I can do it anyone can do it.

I want a new set and I want the project x flighted. Been with project x since 2008 and I don't want to change. I've hit alot of shafts and none come close to the flighted shafts.

I want a new set and I want the project x flighted. Been with project x since 2008 and I don't want to change. I've hit alot of shafts and none come close to the flighted shafts.
Okay, just trying to help you out. Good luck with your search!

Played 36 holes of match play with these yesterday. They continue to perform very well for me. Getting into a comfort zone with them too. Great iron that continues to withstand the test of time.

JM

agree...havent hit these clubs in awhile as I was experimenting with TM SB's but in the end, these clubs are the best I have hit...only negative is that the 4-5 iron are bait more difficult to hit when compared to GI irons...but as far as feel yet being forgiving, accuracy, looks, balance...I don't see a better set of irons...and I have pretty much tried them all...only ones that are close are the Callaway Apex.

Those pockets seem like they'd be a b*tch to keep clean. Any thoughts?

I've never had issues in that regard. A few stray pieces of grass may get in there but they would fall right out when in bag.

Unless you're slamming your clubhead into the ground, I don't think that's the case at all. What are you worried about getting in there from a normal swing?

Not at all, I've had a set for 18 months and haven't seen an issue

They have been a piece of cake to keep clean since starting with them. Months let that keep you away from them if that is a cause for hesitation.

JM

No slamming clubs here. LOL. Just wondering about damp conditions and such.

No slamming clubs here. LOL. Just wondering about damp conditions and such.
Are you aware of the test drive program? Perhaps that would be a good option for you.

really loving these irons...190 yard par 3 today...6 iron to a foot for a tap in birdie. Played all par 3's today 1 under par. Never did that with previous irons. If my putting didn't suck today could have been atleast 2 under on the par 3's. Not bad for a cold windy day.

Back