What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled some putts, marked some balls, THPed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hit balls with my son

Took the kids to the range and hit my new 54 and 58. Kids took some whacks too.

Picked up a covert tour 1.0 with a matrix black tie at golfsmith for 100 bucks mint

Watched golf most of the afternoon after striking out on golf apparel at the outlet mall.

Last edited:
Range and putting.

Got ready for THP HHI trip. Clubs packed. Bridgestone backpack stuffed full. And hit the range with some old clubs from the garage. Makes me appreciate the DPC'S even more.

Spent two hours practicing, 1 hour working on full swing and 1 hour of short game work.

Swing changes are taking hold. I want to take a photo of my divot its so pretty. And hitting a controlled fade as a primary shot is so awesome.

Read a bunch of threads on THP and played around with my new Bushnell Neo Xs GPS watch.

[Sunday] I learned how to pull a graphite shaft with a vise, an open end wrench, a heat gun, and some duct tape. Tested it on a crap shaft/LH driver, and it worked so well I ended up doing two more.
If there's one thing the military taught me was that you don't always need the right tools to get a job done....whether fighter jets or golf equipment. :)

The setup was pure backyard-redneck mechanic. The results were great. Once I cleaned and re-prepped the tip, it looked perfect.

Spoiler
Instructions: :bulgy-eyes:
One medium-large vise
One open-end wrench that fits over shaft, not hosel (8 or 9 millimeter, I think)
Position wrench in vise with open end pointing up, and most of wrench in the jaws.
Position heat gun appropriately and duct tape it to the vise and table.
Engage heat gun and rotate club like a chicken on a rotisserie.
When you smell melting epoxy, slightly hold down the shaft from the middle while pulling firmly from the grip end.
(My son held it down while I pulled. I'm thinking of some sort of strap stapled to the bench for this step.)

2014-03-09121807_zps38e2c8c7.jpg

Poof!! Shaft pulled!
2014-03-09121927_zpsd34f4ab6.jpg

I then pulled the adapter off a Cobra Amp driver and inserted this very shaft (Aldila VS Proto) into it and cut it down a bit for my son.
I only hope my tip prep was good enough to avoid a mward-type disaster on the range tonight!

Disclosure: These instructions are not for the feint of heart or easily injured. I ended up burning my arm by reaching over the gun a few minutes after it was turned off---note: it's still REALLY hot at this point. I now have a nice, brown blister to show off at HHI this weekend.

Head to head comparison with my stage 2 3w and an optiforce. Optiforce won due to slightly better track man numbers and I like the shallow face. Also tested a g25 5w with my baffler. While the g25 was a little longer I hit 5 shots with the baffler with a dispersion of 5 yards and only 3 yards difference in carry. I can't give up the consistency for a few extra yards. I also worked on my swing in my garage for about an hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thought a lot about my round yesterday and the inconsistencies that came with it. When I felt the soreness this morning from my cold turkey round and fitting this past weekend, I knew that fatigue is the likely reason that my swing fell apart down the stretch. Methinks is time to start working out again

I have my golf clubs in my apartment. Every day this winter I have been practicing my putting stroke- hopefully it carries over!

Beautiful day here today, so I went to the range at lunch and worked a bit on the new swing motions from my lessons...practicing with a purpose for one of the rare times in recent memory.

THPING
Event Planning
and sold some clubs to pay off the MC

THPed and played 18 holes

9 holes on the simulator and THP all day.

Finally hit the range today! Felt soooooooooooo good to have a club in hand again

Putting practice and watched my daughter's nine hole high school match

THP, Hit some balls, and have been watching the golf channel for the last hour. Time to clean the clubs next.

THP'ed
Swing practice
Shipped a few clubs

THPed

Picked up my MTs

Hit my MTs on the range, pure shots felt amazing.

Using Tapatalk

Went to local brick and mortar golf store and hit the Ping i25 irons. Gentlemen at the store helped me try two different shafts and hit off the lie board. Not sure about pulling the trigger on these. I think I need to get back into me game before I go for a real fitting.

I am currently hitting a set of Ping ISI yellow dots with regular flex steel shafts. I became concerned when I hit off the Lie Board with a white dot (no yellow dot heads in house) I was hitting off the toe consistently, then a little better with silver dot, but still off the toe.

Can someone recommend a top notch Ping fitter in the massachusetts area. I'd didn't feel comfortable at this particular place and not because of the individual helping me, but because the equipment didn't seem to be well maintained and im concerned about how accurate the measurements were during this impromptu fitting.

Appreciate the help

Played 27 holes, great day to be out, high of 78*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back