Android Phone Thread

My wife was due for an upgrade and was completely out of memory on her iPhone. She hated the S4 for whatever reason and wanted the G2 but needed the extra memory. So she finally settled and just wanted the S4. I went to the store and bought her a Note 3. I told if she doesnt want it after a few weeks and thinks its too big we can just swap phones. Sadly she loves the Note 3. I really wish that I bought the Note at the time I got the S4. They are both solid devices. I never thought I would like the bigger phone like that but I really like it.
1. Talk about how awesome your S4 is and how it's so convenient to have a smaller screen.
2. Keep repeating Step 1.
3. Repeat Step 1, more.
4. Be a good husband and offer up the S4 to your wife so she can experience how awesome the S4 is and you will manage with the Note for a while.

#alienface

I'm surprised it isn't.

Looking forward to this S3 falling apart so I can actually go through a decent cell phone fitting (hahahaha)!
I thought you already upgraded?

In an epic battle with Verizon (actually not really, the CR was a beauty), I returned the S4 and got my upgrade back.

S3 back in the houuuuuuse.
Niiice! Glad you got it back.... Upgrade coming soon are going to be sweeeet.

LG G2 PRO!

I haven't gotten a solid phone update in a long time... Do your work War.
Let me do some more research...

however, the LG G2 Pro is the early War/Canadan Alt Shot leader in the clubhouse.

Let me do some more research...

however, the LG G2 Pro is the early War/Canadan Alt Shot leader in the clubhouse.

I am surprised you're on board with a phone that doesn't have a removable battery buddy. I feel like a few months that was a War Eagle "never again" criteria.

1. Talk about how awesome your S4 is and how it's so convenient to have a smaller screen.
2. Keep repeating Step 1.
3. Repeat Step 1, more.
4. Be a good husband and offer up the S4 to your wife so she can experience how awesome the S4 is and you will manage with the Note for a while.

#alienface

That's the general plan. Glad we think alike. #Teammates

My Razr Maxx has become very laggy over the past few months, I can't wait for my upgrade in May. I will look at the S5, but I'm 99% certain I will end up with a Note 3.

To be honest in the 5 months my G2 hasn't run into any problems with the 16gb and fixed battery. I've never carried an extra battery for any phone and I do have a ton of pictures so far that haven't effected the storage limit. It might come into play the longer I own the phone, but for now it hasn't bothered me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Chromecast can be used with iPhone as well, unless the specific app can't. I didn't read the entire article.

Right. App only for Android.

I've got a question for the android/tech folks. I'm in need of a new phone and possibly a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 tablet that my wife got me for Christmas in 2012. Unfortunately, yesterday when I was putting stuff in the car, it slipped out of my hand, fell right on the corner and cracked the screen (even had it in a case, it fell in such a way the corner got hit, just bad luck). It still works fine, but with it being a touchscreen, only half of it is responsive now. Anyway, I'm also due for a phone upgrade and had been holding out for the new models this year, the S5 or the new HTC One, both coming out in the next month or two. My current phone is a Blackberry that I've had for over two years. I love it for the messaging and keyboard, but for anything else it isn't quite up to par anymore. That's why I had the tablet, for the apps, games, and internet usage.

Now, my question is, do I hold out for one of the new model phones and get the latest and greatest, but only get a phone, and no tablet? Or do I get a current model phone, the S4 or One or whatever for free or real cheap as an upgrade, and buy a new tablet (appears to be cheaper to buy a new one rather than try and fix a broken one). If I have the android phone, I'm not in as great of need for the tablet. Although the larger screen is nice for watching videos and playing games and anything in general. Either way I'm probably out about $200, which will be hard to come by as it is. It's just a matter of getting two good devices that are slightly behind now or one of the latest technology, and maybe replacing the tablet several months down the road. My usage on either is mostly internet, e-mail, regular apps for personal stuff, games, and a little Netflix and MLB app for watching movies/games every once in a while. Do I need all the power and capabilities of the new models if I'm not going to use it to full potential anyway? I'm sure it's nice to have, but it is necessary basic stuff I use it for? With phones, I'm very big on getting the best device possible at the time. They get outdated in 6 months and if you buy behind schedule then in 2 years you are way behind, that's my theory anyway, maybe that has changed and maybe they are good enough now that they can last for 2+ years without being too outdated.

I know there are the combos now like the Note. I don't really want something that big. The phone I keep with me, in a pocket. I don't want something that I'll have to carry most of the time. I like the idea of the phone/tablet and spent some time with one in a store, but I just don't like the size for a pocket item. The tablet mostly stays at home or in the car, it's not something I always carry around.

I will probably be upgrading within the next month, or so.

Does anyone have any experience with the LG G Flex? The battery life is very impressive, which is what bugs me the most on my current phone.

I am pretty early in the shopping stage, so I am still very much open in my decision.

I just got the Nexus 5. It is the Google phone so you get everything first I've heard, and it comes with all the features of the top of the like expensive phones at a little lower cost. I haven't even had it a week so there's not a whole lot I can comment on, but I absolutely love it so far.

I've got a question for the android/tech folks. I'm in need of a new phone and possibly a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 tablet that my wife got me for Christmas in 2012. Unfortunately, yesterday when I was putting stuff in the car, it slipped out of my hand, fell right on the corner and cracked the screen (even had it in a case, it fell in such a way the corner got hit, just bad luck). It still works fine, but with it being a touchscreen, only half of it is responsive now. Anyway, I'm also due for a phone upgrade and had been holding out for the new models this year, the S5 or the new HTC One, both coming out in the next month or two. My current phone is a Blackberry that I've had for over two years. I love it for the messaging and keyboard, but for anything else it isn't quite up to par anymore. That's why I had the tablet, for the apps, games, and internet usage.

Now, my question is, do I hold out for one of the new model phones and get the latest and greatest, but only get a phone, and no tablet? Or do I get a current model phone, the S4 or One or whatever for free or real cheap as an upgrade, and buy a new tablet (appears to be cheaper to buy a new one rather than try and fix a broken one). If I have the android phone, I'm not in as great of need for the tablet. Although the larger screen is nice for watching videos and playing games and anything in general. Either way I'm probably out about $200, which will be hard to come by as it is. It's just a matter of getting two good devices that are slightly behind now or one of the latest technology, and maybe replacing the tablet several months down the road. My usage on either is mostly internet, e-mail, regular apps for personal stuff, games, and a little Netflix and MLB app for watching movies/games every once in a while. Do I need all the power and capabilities of the new models if I'm not going to use it to full potential anyway? I'm sure it's nice to have, but it is necessary basic stuff I use it for? With phones, I'm very big on getting the best device possible at the time. They get outdated in 6 months and if you buy behind schedule then in 2 years you are way behind, that's my theory anyway, maybe that has changed and maybe they are good enough now that they can last for 2+ years without being too outdated.

I know there are the combos now like the Note. I don't really want something that big. The phone I keep with me, in a pocket. I don't want something that I'll have to carry most of the time. I like the idea of the phone/tablet and spent some time with one in a store, but I just don't like the size for a pocket item. The tablet mostly stays at home or in the car, it's not something I always carry around.

If your just going to use the phone as a phone plus a few of the extra things they do, get a phone now and pair it with a tablet. If you prefer both, obviously get both. You could easily score a S4, One, or G2 for nothing now, and pair it with a tablet and walk away extremely happy and with extra money in your pockets. From what I've seen with newer phones, they are going to be in the 200 or 250 range with a 2 year contract.

Also what I've seen, with the step from the s3 to the s4 isn't exactly significant. And my guess would be you aren't missing out on much by going s4 over s5. From what you said, I'd go s4 (or equivalent) and pair it with a tablet.

I will probably be upgrading within the next month, or so.

Does anyone have any experience with the LG G Flex? The battery life is very impressive, which is what bugs me the most on my current phone.

I am pretty early in the shopping stage, so I am still very much open in my decision.

I don't have experience with the G Flex, however if it's anything like the battery on the LG G2, your going to love it. Yes it'll probably be non-removable (it's a flex phone lol) but my G2 will last 3 days with minimal use, and 2 days easy with light to medium use. The thing that kills my battery is I seem to work in a huge dead zone in my store.

Anyone have any recommendations on extended batteries for the Note 3?

Back