The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death is my rant. I know it happens and happens to people of all ages, but the hospital I work at has had two people who work here, and one ladies spouse all die in car wrecks the last two weeks. All of them were younger then 42 and have kids, with one of the kids also dying in the wreck. The guy who was killed last night is someone I talked to every day and not seeing him in his normal spot this morning really hit hard.

I found out yesterday that I guy I went to high school. 31 years old with a wife and 2 kids past away suddenly. Talk about a eye opener. Such a damn shame. Life really is too short.

If you read above, i have one. Doesnt get me up..

Get one with a radio. Turn it up all the way. You really do need to learn to get up on your own!

Death is my rant. I know it happens and happens to people of all ages, but the hospital I work at has had two people who work here, and one ladies spouse all die in car wrecks the last two weeks. All of them were younger then 42 and have kids, with one of the kids also dying in the wreck. The guy who was killed last night is someone I talked to every day and not seeing him in his normal spot this morning really hit hard.

Really sorry to hear this woody, this is terrible.

Get one with a radio. Turn it up all the way. You really do need to learn to get up on your own!

I like sleep too much to not hit snooze.

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

I like sleep too much to not hit snooze.

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

Put your alarm across the room. That's what I do and it works like a charm.

I found out yesterday that I guy I went to high school. 31 years old with a wife and 2 kids past away suddenly. Talk about a eye opener. Such a damn shame. Life really is too short.

I can't stress it enough. Hope they all had life insurance. Hope you guys do too! You never know when it's your time. We don't even HAVE kids, and my wife and I are both have nice sized term policies.

Put your alarm across the room. That's what I do and it works like a charm.

I had to do the same thing. Not anymore, but for years, I had two alarms. One by the bed, and one on the dresser. When that one went off, I had pushed my snooze enough.

I can't stress it enough. Hope they all had life insurance. Hope you guys do too! You never know when it's your time. We don't even HAVE kids, and my wife and I are both have nice sized term policies.

This is something my wife and I really need to do. We only have what we get through work, which is one year salary or 1.5 times a year salary. Either way not much.

This is something my wife and I really need to do. We only have what we get through work, which is one year salary or 1.5 times a year salary. Either way not much.

And once you leave your job, that's gone. Get it when you're young and healthy, it's so much cheaper!

The cold I've been fighting feels like it is moving to my stomach. I fear I'm getting that evil flu. Damn it.

Funny thing is that when my wife delivered our first child, as I held her for the first time the first thing I thought was I have to make sure they are taken care of from here on out. The next time I was in the office I bumped up my life insurance considerably to have that peace of mind.

Funny thing is that when my wife delivered our first child, as I held her for the first time the first thing I thought was I have to make sure they are taken care of from here on out. The next time I was in the office I bumped up my life insurance considerably to have that peace of mind.
We did the same thing.

While we are on the topic, estate planning too folks. Who is going to care for your kids? Medical directives. Will. This stuff - including life insurance - is really a gift to the rest of your family. The gift is it prevents them from fighting when they should be grieving.

While we are on the topic, estate planning too folks. Who is going to care for your kids? Medical directives. Will. This stuff - including life insurance - is really a gift to the rest of your family. The gift is it prevents them from fighting when they should be grieving.
Both sisters on both sides of the family have already indicated they want our child if, God-forbid, something should happen to the both of us. This is going to be a fun decision to make. Actually, it's probably not too hard, since if it does come to pass, we don't need to face the one we didn't pick.

Well, I have 3 days left at this job. This morning my email and remote access administrative software is disabled.

"We want you to continue doing your job, if not more, until your final day."

I am an hour into my day so far, with a stack of work to do before I leave, and haven't been able to do any of it because my boss can't properly communicate that I still work here until end of day Thursday.

Well, I have 3 days left at this job. This morning my email and remote access administrative software is disabled.

"We want you to continue doing your job, if not more, until your final day."

I am an hour into my day so far, with a stack of work to do before I leave, and haven't been able to do any of it because my boss can't properly communicate that I still work here until end of day Thursday.
Do what you can. If I were you, I would be vocal about what you are trying to do and have limited access to actually do, that way there can be no accusations that you are slacking.

Do what you can. If I were you, I would be vocal about what you are trying to do and have limited access to actually do, that way there can be no accusations that you are slacking.

Bingo. If I'm on my way out and they're making it difficult on me, anything I don't finish is on them anyways.

Oh I was vocal. I have also now been on the phone with tech support who has made the situation worse. Apparently they have also now deleted my domain account.

Luckily the only file lost was the Help file I have been working on for two weeks to help the transition to the new hire.

What a freeking nightmare.

There is peace of mind to know that is in place in what ever was to to come up. Money well spent.

Minor rant: I've had a cold for over a week now. I thought I was feeling better this weekend, but after working last night, I feel like complete crap today. Seriously, someone could hit me with a 9-iron in the head and it still wouldn't hurt as much as my head hurts right now. I really hope this thing clears up before I go down to Hilton Head on Friday.

Minor rant: I've had a cold for over a week now. I thought I was feeling better this weekend, but after working last night, I feel like complete crap today. Seriously, someone could hit me with a 9-iron in the head and it still wouldn't hurt as much as my head hurts right now. I really hope this thing clears up before I go down to Hilton Head on Friday.

I'm begging you please do not get me sick this weekend.

Do not take offense if I stay away. Having this much travel ahead of me, getting sick is not in the cards.

Do not take offense if I stay away. Having this much travel ahead of me, getting sick is not in the cards.

Grab the Hazmat suit

Grab the Hazmat suit

I'm pretty sure both of you guys are safe, considering my 4 month old son still hasn't gotten sick even though he's been around 2 sick parents for the past 2 weeks. The nice part is that I'm not coughing or sneezing a ton, I just can't get rid of the congestion and headaches.

I'm pretty sure both of you guys are safe, considering my 4 month old son still hasn't gotten sick even though he's been around 2 sick parents for the past 2 weeks. The nice part is that I'm not coughing or sneezing a ton, I just can't get rid of the congestion and headaches.

While I understand that and appreciate you know more about this than most, its a chance I am not at liberty to take. The month of March is a very tough one for me and if I get sick, GG and I would be in a very tough spot. I wont run away mind you, just please understand there is nothing to read into, just fear of illness due to our schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back