10 Most Miserable States

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
http://homes.yahoo.com/photos/the-nation-s-most-miserable-states-1394413543-slideshow/

The well-being of Americans hasn’t improved in the past six years, and it even declined slightly in 2013, according to a recent Gallup study. The most miserable state of all has been in the worst spot for five consecutive years now.

The Gallup-Healthways survey asked 176,000 respondents a large range of questions. There were several indicators for which states with low well-being largely received low scores: Residents were more likely to have unhealthy lifestyles or limited access to basic necessities. Combined, those factors gave them a low overall score on the index, which measures Americans' physical and emotional health.

10. Louisiana
9. Oklahoma
8. Missouri
7. Tennessee
6. Arkansas
5. Ohio
4. Alabama
3. Mississippi
2. Kentucky
1. West Virginia

What do you think? Have you traveled enough or been to other places and wonder why its better or worse than home?

Im just happy a state and misery comparison didn't have Arizona in the top 10.

I have no trust in a list that doesn't have Illinois in the top 10

Mr. Dean441 made it into the top 5!

#utopia

Been to all of them. I do remember West Virginia being pretty miserable to drive though.

I'm sincerely surprised that Michigan isn't on that list. On a side note, suck it Ohio!

• Admin
Been to all of them. I do remember West Virginia being pretty miserable to drive though.

I have as well.
Hard to have a list like this and not have New Jersey on it though right?

I cant say I disagree with that list. I was just in Alabama and i was depressing as all get out. Ive been to most of the others on the list and they are no winning the blue ribbon at the stare fair

It's interesting to see that these states are in the same general area of the country.

I have as well.

I would have thought NJ would have made the list, even if it were in the 7-10 range.
I was kind of surprised that Kentucky was #2.

#OhioTopia!!!

If they poll me, I'll certainly help get us up into the top3

#OhioTopia!!!

If they poll me, I'll certainly help get us up into the top3

And just add it to the list of things you are top 5 at. Its quite the list.

Seems pretty accurate to me. West by God Virginia is a pretty miserable place.

I have as well.

NJ gets a bad wrap but it is not a bad place to live. You are 90 minutes from open space, hiking, winter sports, cultural stuff and the ocean from anywhere in the state.

seems like a lot of rual states...but montana and the dakota's not miserable i would be if i was there ....their is nothing around

Since I am from Missouri I don't know if I would put it in the top ten. Top twenty yes, but not having Iowa, Kansas, or Arkansas on the list makes it suspect to me.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure I would rather live in any other states on the list than illinois if it wasn't for my job. And Wow Kentucky is up there, I really enjoy that state.
I have no trust in a list that doesn't have Illinois in the top 10

NJ gets a bad wrap but it is not a bad place to live. You are 90 minutes from open space, hiking, winter sports, cultural stuff and the ocean from anywhere in the state.

I guess it depends on where else you have been...:angel:

Since I am from Missouri I don't know if I would put it in the top ten. Top twenty yes, but not having Iowa, Kansas, or Arkansas on the list makes it suspect to me.

Check the list again. :D

I guess it depends on where else you have been...:angel:

Check the list again. :D

I know Missouri is in the top ten, but I personally wouldn't put it there. Edit I also over looked Arkansas, but I stand by my Iowa and Kansas comments. :act-up:

Alaska leads the nation in suicides. I would think it's pretty miserable there, but it's not on the list here.

Montana is a great state to live in - at least when you get to the mountains.

Funny that Ohio is bunched in with all those states. It's sort of the odd duck in that group.

No surprise that yahoo would list mostly red states. Can't allow holes to be blown in the liberal agenda. I'm not a D or R and I don't mean to be political, but the imbalance is laughable.

Back