Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 today at Eagle Pointe fade driver just off the right fairway then hit 8 iron from 159 to 3 feet for my only birdie of the day

Hit an awful drive on the first hole that left me 213 yards to the pin with the wind in my face. Pulled out my X2Hot Pro 20 degree hybrid and hit this beauty

y7u2u8et.jpg

Tapped in for the easy bird

Runnerup: Knocked a nice drive down the left side of the fairway on the par 5 4th. A big push on a hybrid nearly went into a creek but came to rest next to the #2 tee box. Had a decent angle to the pin but high branches in front required a lower trajectory. Hit a wedge to about 12 feet and made the birdie putt.

Shot O' the Day: Duffed a drive on the par 5 15th. Got a little roll down the cart path and it stopped short of the ravine around 100 yards from the tee. Topped a hybrid another 100 yards. A low struck 6 iron didn't get to the lower level with a clear approach like I'd hoped so I had 135 on a downslope with 2/3 of the green guarded by massive sycamores. I pulled a 9 iron which would get high enough to clear all but the tips of the tree. Hit a high draw that turned over and flew towards the back left pin. It had a little crosswind helping it get back there. It hit about 8 feet from the pin and checked sideways about 4 feet leaving me 10 feet for par. Left the putt a couple inches short but that was as pretty a shot as I've hit all year.

I laid up on a par 5 and missed the fairway like a dork. I had a downhill lie from 105 yards and stuck it to 5 feet. What did you say? Did I make the putt? Nope!

e8uqu6ep.jpg

90 yard 3/4 wedge shot to save par! (Forgot to post this staurday)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

e8uqu6ep.jpg

90 yard 3/4 wedge shot to save par! (Forgot to post this staurday)

Nothing better than sticking a wedge shot!

Nothing better than sticking a wedge shot!

As you can see super wet conditions help! But for my first par of the year it was a nice shot to hit, gave me a lot of confidence in my game and the shots I've been working on over the winter.

As you can see super wet conditions help! But for my first par of the year it was a nice shot to hit, gave me a lot of confidence in my game and the shots I've been working on over the winter.

Regardless of conditions, you stuck a wedge, and it was an awesome shot.

Better bring that A-Game to Myrtle, you're gonna need it... :alien:

Regardless of conditions, you stuck a wedge, and it was an awesome shot.

Better bring that A-Game to Myrtle, you're gonna need it... :alien:

Working inside in my garage this winter I couldn't swing anything longer than a 5 iron. Last season o struggled with shots that required less than a full swing I I figured I could easily work on those. I am still getting my distances down but the form is there!

Don't worry I'll bring it to myrtle!!

Left my tee shot 110-115 out on the right rough on the 16th. Hit my PW approach nice and easy but a little low, which worried me for a second given how fast the greens were. Got a little lucky, and bounced it off the flag stick to within 3'

IMG_20140314_160018.jpg

Most measured birdie putt ever. Felt great to get a birdie on mean course and a very windy, tough day.

98 yards, holed out for an eagle.

98 yards, holed out for an eagle.

Damn, nice son!

I was dropping 20 footers like a fool today. Felt great and a nice change from normal. :)

12th hole at the Hilton Head event. We were almost in the hazard with the ball below our feet. Pulled a 3h from 195 and knocked it inside of 10 feet. Missed the putt.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Chip in for birdie from about 30 yards out on #3 today at Hills in the HHI. Needed about 10 more of those!

Damn, nice son!

I was dropping 20 footers like a fool today. Felt great and a nice change from normal. :)

Started -4 thru 3. Probably should have stopped there!

12th hole at the Hilton Head event. We were almost in the hazard with the ball below our feet. Pulled a 3h from 195 and knocked it inside of 10 feet. Missed the putt.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.
I wasn't in the group but take it from me, that was an impressive shot. Well done Erky.

Cannot remember the hole today, but I think it was Hole 16 at Hills.

I pulled my tee shot left, and it was in the rough and blocked by trees. I had about 145 to the hole with water in front of the green. I hit a low draw with a 9i that started about 20 yards right of the green and then hooked into the green. The ball landed on the right fringe and rolled to the middle of the green, about 25 feet from the pin.

I hit a lot of awful shots today, but this one was pretty darn good.

Left my tee shot 110-115 out on the right rough on the 16th. Hit my PW approach nice and easy but a little low, which worried me for a second given how fast the greens were. Got a little lucky, and bounced it off the flag stick to within 3'

IMG_20140314_160018.jpg

Most measured birdie putt ever. Felt great to get a birdie on mean course and a very windy, tough day.

#WeWorkHarder

#TeamHackers

Lil late but best shot of Thu round with rcgreen and guitar junkie was a recovery shot. I sliced my ball into the right rough on a par 5 left me about 250 to front. With trees in front but an opening on left of those trees I pull my driving iron out and rip a beautiful banana fade around the trees ending up just short right of the green. Chip up and par out. A positive spot to a rough back nine.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Nothing as impressive as what you guys are pulling out of the bag. After a bad tee shot on 10 that left me 220 out and behind a clump of trees I decided to see if I could do 2 things that I can't generally do on purpose, 1. hit my 4 iron where I want it to. 2. play a fade.

I managed to start it out way left of the green and make up 210 of those 220 yards and chip/putt in for par. The ball sounded pure coming off the face, so while it wasn't anything amazing, I was quite proud of myself.

5y2ete8u.jpg

Second shot into par 5 244 wind up 20mph into from the right!
High draw with the classic 3 wood to this 6 inches for eagle!!
Played great in se tough conditions today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8i from 160 in a fairway bunker to 6'.

Or a 4 Hybo from 225 to 15'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back