Coldfusion Golf Balls Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome review Ryan, some serious info in there about the impact of cold weather that I was not aware of. Solid price point and the benefits speak for themselves.

Great review Ryan! Certainly an intriguing product and an interesting test done. Since we're still under a foot of snow, it'll be a few weeks before I can give these a try, but after seeing some success in the Fall with the Duo, I see no reason not to try these.

Nice review Ryan, coming from the UK we often play in temperatures well below 60' so these could be worth trying.

I switch between the Bridgestone e series and the Z stars depending on the weather so I may try and pick up some of these when I next pop over, as well as some Duo's which seem very popular! Thanks again!

Great write up Hawk. Definitely going to pick up a dozen of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome review Ryan. Great job with testing these at different temperatures too. The results are pretty staggering. 7.5 mph more in cold temperatures? Craziness. I think this review shows that these could be a perfect cold weather ball for anyone up north starting to get out and play.

this is a pretty ingenious product, would be very interested to try these out in the early spring/late fall. The only thing that throws me is the 'store in cold temperature' part. Does this mean you'll have to leave it in the fridge during the summer?

Thanks guys.

rallo, only if you're planning on using them. Long term they could be stored just like other balls. Easiest way to do it is to just keep them in the car or garage the night before your round.

It's hard to tee it up with cold balls. Instead of that nice compressed feel you get the harsh feel with loss of distance. I think having a ball designed for cold weather will be a hot seller once folks get acquainted with it. Great job Ryan!

Nice review Ryan. I like that the data driven approach with the experiment setup. I may have to look into these for next winter.

Thanks for the review, Ryan. I have to say it's an interesting business model targeting cold weather golf, since the majority of people won't even think about playing when it's this cold; definitely a niche product. Hearing it was a cold weather ball, I was expecting bright colors in case people are playing them with traces of snow still on the ground. Either way, great info, so thanks for such a thorough review.

Nice review Hawk, was waiting for this one. So the cold fusion performed best cold, and opposite warm, when compared to the others. How did it compare against itself from cold to warm? Any ball speed difference there? You may have answered this in the preview thread, but I can't remember.

Nice review Hawk, was waiting for this one. So the cold fusion performed best cold, and opposite warm, when compared to the others. How did it compare against itself from cold to warm? Any ball speed difference there? You may have answered this in the preview thread, but I can't remember.

Good question. Performance actually dropped from cold to warm. It was almost an exact opposite thing, where the CF and the second best ball switched numbers if that makes sense.

Good question. Performance actually dropped from cold to warm. It was almost an exact opposite thing, where the CF and the second best ball switched numbers if that makes sense.

I think so. So the CF had the best numbers when it was cold, and had the numbers of the #2 cold ball when it was warm?

I think so. So the CF had the best numbers when it was cold, and had the numbers of the #2 cold ball when it was warm?

Exactly. Hahaha. Science!

Good review. It's definitely a neat idea and one it sounds like they succeeded at.

~Rock

Good review Hawk. Interesting how the performance of the ball is actually worse when it's warm. Don't know if I'd buy these, but I sure would be interested in trying them out.

Fantastic review Hawk. Ever since you dropped a teaser bit of this I was looking forward to this review. Amazing that no one thought of this until now and great to see that it performs best when they claim it to do so. Might have to get a sleeve and try em out!

Great test Ryan, a great way to freeze them ahead of time next to the ice cream and frozen chicken!

Interesting product and solid review here Hawk.

While my climate does not dictate the need for this, it was good to hear that it performed as advertised and at a solid price point. Seems like a smart purchase for those golfing weather under 50* consistently.

Great read, and best part is your confirmed what the company said, so high five to them. I just think it's a little funny that if I was going out to play in say 50* weather, as I'm walking out the door, I hit my fridge or freezer and grab a dozen golf balls, not beers. ha

Great Review
intersting concept great idea for cold climate dwellers in NorCal the times i play golf below 60drgrees are very rare so might not make sence for me to you them but i will remember the name so if i know i will be playing a cold round i will see if i cand find some

great review Ryan. Cool innovative solution to a problem many of us here on THP face. Sounds like a great product at a reasonable price point. I wish them well and will be picking up some for myself.

Back