#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

What is this stump liquor OG keeps talking about? I don't know what it is, but the way it's making Harry's team talk a lot of nonsense makes me want to try some after we seal our victory.

Shine made in the woods behind the stumps and stuff that will make ya walk bow legged and grin like a opossum. :act-up: Too much of the stuff affects ya brain and makes a person talk out of their mind. You know just like Harry's Humpers.

Callaway is slowly taking over my bag in the buildup to this event...my X2H's make it 6 Callaway clubs (including Odyssey putter), and it will be 7 once I have Bertha in my hands. The only thing from another company may very well be my Adams irons...and admittedly the only thing at the moment I think that could move those are Apex/Apex Pro irons!

Same here. And not just my bag. Have purchased a Callaway hat and two Callaway shirts in the last 2 weeks. I plan on sporting them for the practice rounds.

Also just bought a dozen SR2 balls to play rounds. Going all out to support Callaway.

thought i was the only one....3W Bertha, 2 shirts, visor, and shoes, in anticipation of this event.

Same here. And not just my bag. Have purchased a Callaway hat and two Callaway shirts in the last 2 weeks. I plan on sporting them for the practice rounds.

Also just bought a dozen SR2 balls to play rounds. Going all out to support Callaway.

Forgot about the hat...guilty as charged on that one too haha. I couldn't resist, a sweet dark grey X Hot/Hex Black hat that was only $10! :banana:

While I know weather has kept many from playing, but should not have kept everybody from working on their game. We are in the final stretch and I can tell you now, that if you have not sought improvement, you will be sorry. Whether that be through a professional teacher, or however else you get better.

Events like this bring out the best in many players, and there will be a whole team having faith in each person to hold up their end. Those that are making their first THP Event this one, we can tell you the game is different when dozens are watching and a partner is with you.

Then add in the Callaway Golf Zoo Crew side of things and team meetings and the pressure will be different than showing up at your local course for a weekend round with a friend knowing it does not matter if you shoot 100 or not. We hope each person takes the last few weeks seriously and gets ready for this special event.

Speaking of purchases, I loved the X2 Hot hybrids when I hit them on the monitor at golfsmith. But I'm wary of making another major change to the bag with a month to go. On the other hand, we'll all have to account for the extra distance we're going to get with the big stick we get to put in play for #theKing. 2013 bonus just got paid out so I may be tempted to throw an 18* bomber in the bag in lieu of fairway wood for filling that top of the bag gap.

I may talk myself into buying one of these. Now to Pro or not to Pro is the question....

While I know weather has kept many from playing, but should not have kept everybody from working on their game. We are in the final stretch and I can tell you now, that if you have not sought improvement, you will be sorry. Whether that be through a professional teacher, or however else you get better.

Events like this bring out the best in many players, and there will be a whole team having faith in each person to hold up their end. Those that are making their first THP Event this one, we can tell you the game is different when dozens are watching and a partner is with you.

Then add in the Callaway Golf Zoo Crew side of things and team meetings and the pressure will be different than showing up at your local course for a weekend round with a friend knowing it does not matter if you shoot 100 or not. We hope each person takes the last few weeks seriously and gets ready for this special event.

Very seriously. Marriage tensions serious in fact. 2 hours on the range Saturday, a full large bucket hitting nothing but partial wedge shots.

Yesterday I played a round of golf in nearly arctic temperatures to see where I'm at with the full swing practice and lessons I've been taking all winter. You'd be surprised JB, I'm working on a driver swing you would probably not recognize for how non violent it is, something I can find a fairway with for those first tee gatherings and other pressure situations.

The fact we're playing alternate shot has given me a whole other gear for practice.

Team Chad needn't worry. I have been playing through the winter, took a few lessons, and my practice regimen is gonna get SERIOUS starting this week, particularly on the putting. I won't be letting my partner, my team, or my well coiffed Captain down!

I hope others are as well G4L. Having been in a few of these in the past (THP Events), you kind of know what to expect.

I hope others are as well G4L. Having been in a few of these in the past (THP Events), you kind of know what to expect.

Its crazy how much pressure this brings. Advice to everyone who has not been to a THP event yet: Find a go to shot you can rely on, something you could pull off if you were blind folded or had to swing on one leg, or after you just consumed a jug of OG's stump liquor..

Its crazy how much pressure this brings. Advice to everyone who has not been to a THP event yet: Find a go to shot you can rely on, something you could pull off if you were blind folded or had to swing on one leg, or after you just consumed a jug of OG's stump liquor..

This is absolutely GREAT advice. Especially off the tee. I mean ESPECIALLY off the tee.

Everyone needs to have a swing they can trust that's for sure. I just want to trust my swing even when my knees are knocking and my heart rate is 200+!

This is absolutely GREAT advice. Especially off the tee. I mean ESPECIALLY off the tee.

Indeed. I remember having issues with my driver going into last years Atlanta Invitational. After learning about the course I found that a 3w off most tees would suffice and that really helped me standing on the #1 tee with so many people watching this hillbilly from TN trying to find the fairway.

The day I was selected for this event, I knew that I had to do something to improve my game. This is the first time I'm playing in an event where others are going to count on my performance, and I don't want to let anyone down. I've taken regular lessons for the first time; I've been fit for equipment for the first time; I've spent much of my free time with a club in my hand; I started working out in the mornings. All of this to perform my best for team Chad.

I wouldn't be honest if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. I also know that I am ready for the challenge, and I'm going to make myself, my team, and THP proud.

I've put in the time. Now it's time to see the results.

Great advise G4L. There is nothing like standing on a tee box with a couple of dozen guys watching. That same pressure is going to be there in the final few holes of matches as they come down to the wire and EVERY hole counts. Pressure golf friends. I can't wait to feel that rush of nerves and elevated heart rate again. If you've never experienced it before you are in for an amazing yet frightening couple of minutes from announced name to tee in ground to shaky practice swings to ball launched down range. Going to be awesome!

If this talk of prep is making you nervous and you're thinking about your opening tee ball. Then you might not be ready! There is still time to prepare and bring your BEST possible game. No one is asking you play above your skill set just bring the best you have and the rest will take care of itself.

The King is going to be a blast, you can take that to the bank. How much better you make it is up to you.

#imwithchad

Every hole counts.

Every stroke counts.

Opening tee shots in front of a group like we will have will be nerve wrecking. There is nothing you can do about those nerves, but you can put in extra work on your game. Know your game, trust your swing. Let it fly.

Hear that?

#TheKing is Coming

Taking my game more serious than ever, that includes 4 years of high school golf. First lessons ever about to get started. Never before have I had any drive to repeatedly get up at the butt crack of dawn in the morning to whoop myself in shape, but I'm doing it now, and I have a drive to continue. Will be hitting the practice greens to work on short game and the range hard once the weather is up and allows it.

Don't know how you could not be prepping for this, and loving all of it just thinking about what it's leading up to.

My first lesson will be working on a consistent move for tee shots with my driver. I've actually become very good with the 3 wood in the 225 - 240 yds off the tee. Hitting off the tee with pressure is definitely a challenge and I would suggest practicing in a way you incorporate that tension. I get a bit of it every Tuesday now days when I tee up with a different bunch of senior golfers at our new course. New kid on the block is always put under the microscope. Whether they expect it or not (most times they don't give a rats arse), you put pressure on yourself to perform in a respectable manner in front of strangers.

Sounds like there could be some camera action on the tee shots boys. :confused2: Put ya big boy pants on and be ready for the show. :bomb:

So JB just posted a challenge to all the MC guys that I think we could take on as well. Hoping I can do it once or twice in time for #TheKing, cuz I think it's a solid prep idea.

I've been taking lessons since late January every week, and been practicing every chance I get. Been hitting the golf dome, multiple simulators, and a trip to Seattle where we played golf in the snow. My elbow hurts now, so after tonight's simulator league night, I'm taking a few days off from swing to try and get my elbow healed up. Tendinitis sucks. I have multiple braces now, been icing it nightly. It's better than it was, but I want it back to normal for #theking. I'm hitting the ball so much better now, especially iron and hybrid/wood shots. My driver is what my instructor and I have been focusing on. If I can get that straightened out, I will be good to go.

So JB just posted a challenge to all the MC guys that I think we could take on as well. Hoping I can do it once or twice in time for #TheKing, cuz I think it's a solid prep idea.

I was thinking the same thing, you beat me to it! Yeah I think that's a great idea. I kind of did this on Thursday when I played Chambers Bay, but I definitely need to go for it at least once more. There is a pair of Arnold Palmer designs that are supposed to be TOUGH up here that I haven't played yet, maybe this is a good time to try my hand.

You beat me to the post. I was coming in here and planning on directing them to that post. I think everybody should do it.

I was thinking the same thing, you beat me to it! Yeah I think that's a great idea. I kind of did this on Thursday when I played Chambers Bay, but I definitely need to go for it at least once more. There is a pair of Arnold Palmer designs that are supposed to be TOUGH up here that I haven't played yet, maybe this is a good time to try my hand.

I'm quick on the trigger! I will definitely be getting at least one in probably when I meet up with captaincaution. Should be able to find a course between us that neither of us have played.

Back