New Game Golf system

would like to try this out but it seems like something that I would hop on in a later generation model

would like to try this out but it seems like something that I would hop on in a later generation model

This is what I was thinking too. I'd love to know my on course distances and where my misses landed, but I'm unsure on weather $250 for that added data is worth it. Going to wait for a few more reviews to pop up before pulling the trigger. $250 buys a 4 pack of lessons with one of the better coaches in town.

For me the price really isn't about the distances/stats so much as there are any number of methods to track those. It's a bit more about the convenience of the method for tracking them that this system provides.

I am still in major hawkponder on this

The more I read into "Every Shot Counts", the more I see a ton of value in a system like this. My hawk ponder has been upgraded to serious consideration.

I absolutely love this system. One of the courses I okay regularly isn't mapped and I find I miss the data after the round very much... Malaysia is not on the official support list so they are slow to map new courses here. Soon though :)

The other three courses are mapped and I find the detail more accurate and more complete than anything I ever did by hand.

At less than the cost of a new driver, it was not a cost issue for me.

They added an option to edit your putting. If you tag your putter off the green, you can now change it to "off green" in editing mode. Progress, but would really like to see tracking addressed for misses and/or abnormal use.

Pretty fair bet that the offline editing will be strengthened significantly, as will the presentation of the data and statistics. This is an area that doesn't impact the hardware or the usage on the course. They want to keep that as smooth and simple as possible.

My mother offered to get me this for my upcoming Birthday so I am seriously considering getting it. For those that have used it, do you find that you have accidentally ever tagged a shot when you didn't mean to messing up your stats? Maybe while lining up a shot or during you downswing or anything like that? Seems like an awesome device and I can't beat the price of free!

My mother offered to get me this for my upcoming Birthday so I am seriously considering getting it. For those that have used it, do you find that you have accidentally ever tagged a shot when you didn't mean to messing up your stats? Maybe while lining up a shot or during you downswing or anything like that? Seems like an awesome device and I can't beat the price of free!

No. Never had a problem like that. If you do you just delete in in post round editing. Same if you miss a tag - just add it in.

Mine has arrived and is ready to go tomorrow. Took about 10 minutes to get it setup.

Mine has arrived and is ready to go tomorrow. Took about 10 minutes to get it setup.

I look forward to your thoughts buddy.....you beat me to that one...by the time I saw it you had already jumped on it.

Had the system give me duplicate holes yesterday for the first time. Had two 4s and 15s. However, the course is all contained on a single piece of land and all holes are right next to each other. Probably just confused the gps a little. But it was easy to delete the holes and it refreshed and carried on like nothing was wrong.

Mine should be in tomorrow and I have a round on Friday. We're supposed to get light rain on and off all day, does anyone know if this thing is water resistant? Would hate to fry it on my first time out with it. Also, if I am wearing a rainjacket and I obviously can't tuck it in, will the jacket hanging over the device interupt the GPS signal? Thanks

Yes, it's water resistant. Not water proof - don't take it swimming - but playing in the rain is fine. The jacket won't interrupt the GPS signal.

Yes, it's water resistant. Not water proof - don't take it swimming - but playing in the rain is fine. The jacket won't interrupt the GPS signal.

Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to getting out with it on Friday.

I am a stats fiend and am very interested in this system. I was disappointed to see that my home courses were not mapped out yet.

I sent in a request to have the two courses at my club mapped on March 23 and got an e-mail this morning confirming both courses have been mapped. That right there is awesome customer service.

Anyone know if I can buy the system off of Amazon? I have a $200 gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Mine is still in the box and I'm starting to have second thoughts about opening it. I just don't know if it's going to be something that I use for each round. I'm torn.

Mine is still in the box and I'm starting to have second thoughts about opening it. I just don't know if it's going to be something that I use for each round. I'm torn.

I won't get a chance to use it for a few weeks but I am still very excited about it.

I'm afraid of that too.

Back